Change Mode

You say you have it on PS2, why get it for PC? Your PS2 will play it better than the video card you're getting, and framerates will be severely limited by your Celeron processor.

Edited by ChrisR

ChrisR is right - I didnt even notice you said you had it on PS2.

If you ever decide to get into pc gaming, you should just build an all new system instead of trying to upgrade the one you have now anyway.

With a decent system the PC version is much better than the PS2 version. Better graphics, sound, controls, and the ability to import your own music into the game.

Importing Music is possible on PS2 Chris ;)

But I guess i'll stick with PS2, although I don't like it much because of the Vice City disk, scratched up, yes yes I know get one of those things to unscratch it :P

just get a geforce4 mx i think some of them are under 50$ thats what i got in my computer now geforce mx 420 pci so far plays every game and gta 3 and vice city looks alot better on my computer than on xbox and ps2 but if i was you i whould get a 5200fx its a litte better than mxs.

I know exactly what the Intel graphics chips are like. My old e-machine had a 1 GHz Celeron Processor, 256MB SDRAM, and a 133 MHz BUS. I expected the graphics chip, given the specs of the rest of the system, would be somewhere around 16 or 32 MB, but I was horribly wrong. It only registered up to 4 MB! I was horrified to come to this conclusion, but that was a while ago, and my system I built now actually plays games a Hell of alot better than that old peice of garbage. Anyway, if you don't have an AGP port, than not to worry. nVidia has some 64MB GeForce cards for PCI that are quite excellent for gaming!

Edited by Jakeofalltrades

You really don't want a 5200.

Only reason being that the Geforce4-MX's can beat em if you you get a good one.

BOX1:

Gigabyte 7VA (VIA KT400)

AthlonXP 2100+

256MB Kingmax DDR-400 @ DDR266

Leadtek GF4-MX440SE 64MB

BOX2:

Unknown Motherboard (based on SiS)

AthlonXP 2600+

256MB Generic DDR-333

'Daytona' GeforceFX 5200

BOX1 gets 3800 in 3DMark2001, BOX2 barely scraped 3000

Why? I'll never know...

Onboard GFX is a killer.

I'm still not sure what i'm going to get, but I'am going thru with this...

Chris, I certainly can upload music. You just save it to the memory card, and on GTAVC it comes up as a channel for the radio ;)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-240-004&depa=0

Will this work with my 1.2 Celeron, 512 Ram, 20 GB HD, and also have a very cheap PSU because it's straight from Gateway...give me some advice here guys, and not "oh just go build one" because money doesn't grow on trees :)

But, Chris, or anyone else, if money DOES grow on trees over there, i'll give you my addy :lol:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-139-122&depa=0

This is the best PCI card on Newegg I've come across, don't go for that one you've shown us, this one is much better.

I wouldn't use it to play Vice City, but it will give you a huge increase in gaming performance from your Intel graphics.

Could ya elaborate a bit on the music on the memory card thing? How would you get the music onto the card? :huh:

ChrisR, no disrespect, but you don't understand it, i'm going to be using this card to only play Vice City!

The music thing, I don't know, i'm not focused on doing that right now, you just enter a disc, and it'll go threw somehow.

Well...alright. Just realize it won't run nearly as well as your PS2, and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get music onto a memory card for the PS2 version of Vice City...

The Radeon 9100 is the best PCI card if you're willing to get away from Newegg, go for that one if you can.

Well, it might just be my PS2 somehow?...I have no idea, but anyway, i'll get the 9100, thanks guys!!

Oh and under 60 bucks, deffinitely a plus! :woot:

Edited by Sublimer