Change Mode

Virus Help

Guest blueridge141

Guest blueridge141

:help: ok, here it is, I was playing rainbow six: Blackthorn online today and i was hosting the game, which meant that i had to disable my internet firewall protection on windows xp, so I am playing and a about an hour later I get a message from my antivirus software that it had detected and destroyed a virus, so i thought nothing of it, except that I will but this antivirus software, and a few minutes later it came on again and sayed it again detected a virus and destroyed it, this happed about 6 times, in that time i turned the game off and turned my firewall back on and started to run a full scan of my computer, by the way all the or should i say the one virus, this one [email protected], this virus was in my documents and settings/all users/my documents folder, and it was going from one program to the other after the virus software would find and kill it, so it finally went into this folder in the same as above but my music/my playlist, and went into some file called desktop.eml, and the virus changed its name to [email protected], the anitvirus software said that access to the file was denied, and so i tried to manualy find this file and I cant, i also ran the virus software from pcpitstop, and it also could not find the virus. so my question is, is the virus still in here somewhere hiding, and how the hell did it get on my computer in the first place, i dont download anything while i am playing the game i have. any help would be great. thanks :help: :angry:

Guest blueridge141

:help: ok, i went to that site and downloaded the software but it keeps crashing, but i must say i have norton antivirus on my computer, it is norton 2002, which i also just updated on the 12th, and running the updater told me i was up to date already, so i am thinking that i really wouldnt need this, because it caught the virus in the first place, but it kept moving to different folders untill it got to one that the computer cant access, and that i cant find. any more ideas? the computer seems to run fine, and I also posted this in the virus/spyware section too. any more ideas? or does everyone think it is gone? :help: :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

oh man... I remember getting that virus... I left my share folder open and it infected my folder options file. I was so freaked out...

never shared folders on a LAN while being online since :mrsgreen:;)