Sign in to follow this  
wendiau

What Does Everyone Do?

excellent... Mine is an early 74 so there is no frame around the doors.... I hope to have it back on the road by July 4th .... gotta stick together, Mopar people are hard to find, especially since the ricer boys started to take over.

Edited by Head$hot Zod

I flip burgers at McDonalds part time for a cruddy wage. The rest of the time, I worry about going to work the next day :lol::lol:

GB could be worse, Angela is on another post proclaiming that her weekends aren't productive enough and Mondays are somehow cool. Maybe you could get her a second job. Quick question. How on Earth do you put up with some of those rotten customers. When I'm there some of those customers need to have there faces put in the deep fryer for a few minutes.

Maybe you could get her a second job.

second job?

I have no time, its an election year, i cant be be getting a second job! Every single free second of my time goes to the Bush/Cheney re-election, and now i might be helping jeff fortenberry a bit too.

second job, when?

angela

GB could be worse, Angela is on another post proclaiming that her weekends aren't productive enough and Mondays are somehow cool. Maybe you could get her a second job. Quick question. How on Earth do you put up with some of those rotten customers. When I'm there some of those customers need to have there faces put in the deep fryer for a few minutes.

Thank god I'm away from customers. I work in back on the grill where its just me and 1 or 2 other people working the sandwich assembly. What can be kinda a pain is workin with someone who speaks very little english, kinda makes my job hard. Oh well. I need to keep lookin for another job so I can give mcdonalds my 2 week notice and let them hire some other corporate slave laborer :lol:

Name of Paul. Living off your social security pay-ins and part-timing it in a hardware store ("NO! No returns allowed on fuses or breakers! Bwhaa, ha, ha, ha!").

Two granddaughters, well, yeah, perfect, since you ask.

Ain't it amazing? Her I sit, whomping a keyboard, baring my soul to strangers half a world away....and I can remember the first jet plane I ever saw (F-80 Shooting Star, beautiful thing, what a jet was supposed to look like; pilot showing off for girl friend, buzzing town, seriously repremanded)

I also remember the first TV I ever saw. In the window of Taylor' Hardware, on Timberland Drive. You drove up and parked, just like a drive-in (you know about those?). Every now and then, snow would fade enough to allow glimpse of pictures from Houston, 120 miles away. Utterly fascinating; more riveting than just about anything I've seen since!

Drafted in '60, between Korea and Viet Nam, thank God....made me an M.P. . posted at Ft. Myers, Va., just across river from D.C. Directed traffic at JFK's funeral.

All in all, the good old days sucked; I like where I am and what I am doing (right now, bending the ears of folks too nice to tell the old fart to put a sock in it. (Can I say that..."sock", I mean?).

Since I'm a noob at these forums, I'll take this chance to introduce myself (Thanks for the thread Wendi)...

I'm 53 years old, started fooling with comps about 6 years ago and have learned mostly on my own. Got hooked on FPS games my first year and have been an active member, beta tester, and sometime problem solver in the Serious Community forums since 2001. I also play the Unreal Tournament series of games, until the new UT2k4, which far outstrips my old comp.

I'm a shift leader in the plastics dept. of a huge paper company, been there for 27 years. Married, with 3 grown children (2 girls, 1 boy) out on their own, and my youngest (7) son just getting out of the 2nd grade. 3 grandkids, so far. My oldest son (20) is a combat medic with the 10th Mtn. (light) and has served in Afghanistan and will probably be heading for Iraq, this year. Yeah, I'm proud of him, but I think all my kids are great!

I lived through the sixties as a sometime hippie, but could never really get into the counter-culture...most of 'em stunk ;) , now I'm mostly conservative, with a leaning toward Libertarianism. Little league baseball coach, Cub Scout pack leader, restorer of old trucks (current project is a '86 Ford step-side), fish, hunt, compete (amateur class) in pistol and benchrest rifle shoots....mostly I do whatever it takes to stay busy, that way I forget about how old I'm getting :rolleyes:

I like these forums and I hope y'all let me stay around for a while :mrgreen:

Well, :welcome: crunchy! :) You're more than welcome here but I gotta warn ya,

Once you're here.....you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave... :woot: -kd5-

Edited by kd5

:My name is Mike:

:I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada:

:I am 18 years old:

:6'0" tall:

:185 lbs:

:My hobbies are; playing guitar, listening to music, watching movies, making webpages, graphic design:

:I work at a local grocery store, I have worked there for 1 1/2 years:

Sons of the Confederacy,

Nice to see someone else here who qualifies!

Hi Wendi! My name is Roger and as you can see under my avatar I live in Pleasanton, Kansas. Thats about 60 miles south of Kansas City. I'm a 51 year old former landscaper/nursery salesman turned Supported Living Assistant. I have 2 grown children and my wonderful wife and I are now raising 2 grandchildren seen here. You can see a pic of me here, that would be me on the left holding the baby... :mrgreen:

I always wanted to be a "singer" so I have to say that you're lucky to be doing/living your dream.

I'm also an old hippie and recovering alcoholic/drug addict and just tonight was asked to eulogize an old hippie friend who never gave up that lifestyle. :woot: Glad I did.

Nice to meet you, and are all the Aussie gals as good looking as you and Kylie_Smiley? :woot::shifty:

P.S. Almost forgot to mention that I love women of the Pit, fishing, computers and did I say women of the Pit? :shifty::mrgreen:

lol....hmm yes you did..:)

have you heard the song "Old Hippie"?

great lyrics (Bellamy Bros sing it) worth a listen for you "old hippies":)

Hi Wendiau. I am a welshman, came to Australia 37 years ago.

Worked for a stockbroker in London after service in the RAF. I had a job waiting for me in Melbourne, had interview in London.

I now live in Ballarat, Victoria. Retired, worked for J.B.Were stockbroker in Melbourne. Married, 3 children, son 43, daughters aged 40 and 32. I am 72, my wife is 70.

Got lost in Birmingham many times when I used to travel from Rhyl to Worthing every few weeks to see the In-laws. ;) Have a sister and brother still in Wales, my other brother lives near Carlisle, UK. Speak to them often.

Good luck to all at "The pit" great bunch of people. :beer: :beer:

Hi Wendy. My name is Bart. I live in South-Central Kansas. I'm 34 years old. Been around computers almost all my life, and in my occupation (Injection Mold Technician)....I interact with them daily. I also program and maintain robots on a daily basis at my job that run Basic programming language.

I had many talents while I was growing up (typing, pianist, organist, computer programming, auto mechanics, and so on), all revolved around my enjoyment of working with my hands.

Been playing video games since the '70s. Started out with one of those "pong" games you could hook up to your TV (black and white pong! whoo hoo!) and never looked back.

Married, got two children of my own and a stepson. Ages of children: 3(dau.), 5(dau.), and 13(son). Wife is currently making her way up to RN through college.

And I'm not a hippie.... :lol:

AHH...skeptic.

Nice to meet another fellow injection molder.

If some one would have told me 20 years ago, how hard it was to make a little plastic part. I would have said they were crazy. :woot:

Ahh....a fellow technician! Good to see that I'm not unique in this forum.

Now tell me, who do you work for and what ungodly machine have they got you maintaining?

As for me, I'm 5 years into it (14 with the company) at Newell-Rubbermaid. Got Husky, Van Dorn (more like Van Down), and Cincinnati-Milacrons (which Cincinnati are the best IMHO) with Fanuc robots pulling the parts. Tonnage range: 100-2640 tons

Edited by skeptic

Ahh....a fellow technician! Good to see that I'm not unique in this forum.

Now tell me, who do you work for and what ungodly machine have they got you maintaining?

As for me, I'm 5 years into it (14 with the company) at Newell-Rubbermaid. Got Husky, Van Dorn (more like Van Down), and Cincinnati-Milacrons (which Cincinnati are the best IMHO) with Fanuc robots pulling the parts. Tonnage range: 100-2640 tons

all double dutch to me :):blushing:

My name is Henry. I'm 19 years old (will be 20 on the 27th this month!) and I live at Tucson, Arizona. I work as a computer technician doing basic computer hardware/software installation and repairs and some network and server tasks. I've been with the company for almost 3 years now and plan to put in a few more. :mrgreen: On my time off im usually playing computer games (MMORPG's that suck your life away!) or browsing different car forums learning new things. The Pit is the only computer forum I go to. :)