Sign in to follow this  
Cougar_Pflow

Canada Choose Not To Participate

"I asked before why they didn't just put a bounty out on Saddam for like 1 or 2 million dollars."

It would be less controversial and costly if Iraq could be handled without sending in the military, but assassination isn't as simple as just posting a price and waiting.

There's a $25 million 'dead or alive' reward for Osama that hasn't been claimed. Saddam will be just as slippery.

Well my thoughts are this...

Saddam is no better then Hitler, he is just less effective.

He has gassed the Iranians, gassed the Kurds, slaughtered his own people, invaded Kuwait, and fired on Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. He has defied the UN, and they blink, he has killed more of his own countrymen and they blink. GW stopped blinking, as did Tony Blair and many of the other countries have that have joined this war. In 1940 a lot of countries blinked including the US. If we allow Saddam to rebuild an army, he WILL use it. He has used chemical weapons already and don't think he won't again very soon. He is better off out of there.

I have no doubt he could become a Hitler of the Middle East, if he had half a clue as far as military strategy goes. imagine the lives that could have been saved had all of the countries of the world attacked Germany at the onset of the blitzkrieg. Our past tells of our future.

As far as Canada goes I am disapointed, to France and Germany I am outright :filtered: off. Russia I am :filtered: at as well. To hell with any country that will not stand by the side of those who fight the good fight.

This war is not about oil, it is about saving lives, alive and not yet born. The rest of the world needs to see that this kinda thing isn't going to go unchecked.

Next time Germany decides to invade France (and don't think it won't happen again :mrwinky: ) I say we do nothing. Next time Canada asks for our help we give them the what have you done for me lately routine.

And lastly cut-off all aid to any country not joining the coalition in some way shape or form. Without the US's money half of the countries on the planet would be dying.

I don't think we should say screw you (except maybe to the French). I feel that Canada just doesn't want to do it. They don't feel threatened, or whatever the reason is. I'm not too pleased about their giving Iraq more time. They said give him 3 weeks, we gave him three weeks. They said give him another 3. I think that is just showing Saddam how stupid the UN can be. Just because Canada doesn't want to fight this one, doesn't mean they aren't our allies.

So, when Canada feels like it needs to go rid the world of whomever (riiiight), we can just tell them, politely, we think you've got it covered.

Now France...there's a different story.

When Osama or whoever goes to invade France, I'm going to go help them do it. My first stop would be the shopping part of Paris. I would pick up a few goods...a nice suit, some wine, a female Parisian, some artwork (to sell on e-bay)... :mrgreen:

i said what i had to say but seems like it isnt getting across :(

but i stand on what i said im with are neighbors i happen to live in a border city across the river from n.y state. :)

Well Mohawk it is appreciated. It is kinda hard when our neighbor the one who we would probably expect to side with us the most as much as Britain doesn't. And to see the PM cheered when he made that announcement kinda irked a lot of us. I will never hate all Canadiens, Iraqis, Germans, Russians or any country...well maybe the French.

But it is nice to know that some Canadians are with us.

i never liked the guy when he got voted in. but there are alot of people on this end, that are just about mad as you guys on what the prime minister had said he broke tradition, when he did that. and we always helped are neighbors, and it makes us look bad because of that. but there is alot that are with you guys im very sure of that. :)

Canada is divided on this very much but pretty well geographically canada is divided into western and eastern sides. The eastern provinces seem to have no backbone and no moral obligation while the west is ready, willing and able to send troops. It just happens that our primeminister has absolutely no backbone and is useless. Here in the west the mindset is to get him out of here as soon as possible, and take his crappy senate with him. Our government is absolutley useless and the general idea is that we should be helping out the US but the politicians are too damn ignorant to see it. They are just a bunch of french clowns putting on a show for the world to see and making us, canadians look bad while doing it.