Sign in to follow this  
Cougar_Pflow

Canada Choose Not To Participate

Naw...the US has plenty of friends...but Canada is apparently not one of them.  

This person doesn't speak for all people in the USA. We are living on the same continent. I'm sure if conflict were to come to North America, the Canadians would help. Let's fight with the Iraqis, not the Canadians. Edited by lorriehe

At first I thought the same way about Canada (if they're our friends...), but then I got to thinking: If they don't want to do it, they don't want to do it. They don't owe us anything *cough*Germany & France*cough*.

France should be a little more behind us for a few reasons. I believe the largest reason was 10,000+ men dying for them so that they wouldn't be massacred even more.

Germany owes its wealth and government to us. After WWII, not only did we let them hold of on reparations, we held their hand until they got totally on their feet again. And now they're telling us to shove it.

I have a map on my wall of the world that I have red and blue pins (red for opposing and blue for helping). I have countries that are neutral in red while I hunt down some other color pins.

Here is my opposed list:

China

New Zealand

Indonesia

North Korea

Russia

Mexico

Canada

Ireland

France

Austria

Germany

Luxembourg

Bulgaria

Sweden

Finland

Greece

Egypt

Pakistan

Afghanistan

Palestine

And my with us list:

Australia

South Korea

Spain

Portugal

Great Britain

Netherlands

Denmark

Italy

Israel

Saudi Arabia

Kuwait

Quatar

My final thoughts:

I am upset over the actions of the governments of France and Canada and will exercise my right to boycott their products.  I will also refuse to travel to those countries for vacation.

I no longer view Canada as a friend of the US.  I am certainly disappointed in them. France has never really been our ally, so I was not as disappointed by their actions.

I know he doesn't speak for every american but he could at least remember what we have done !

http://www.globeandmail.com/special/attack...0915_a14_1.html

Edited by Cougar_Pflow

All this Canada bashing is pure lunacy. Don't forget who risked their lives to get many many potential hostages out of Iran some years ago. They're one of our closest allies, but not our puppet. They have free choice just like we do.

"Vive le Canada" Posted Image

Another reason to love Canada... :drool:

Why can't they just put a Million or 2 million dollar bounty out on sadam. Wouldn't that be alot easier, cheaper and safer than what they are doing? I bet even his own people would knock him off for a million or 2........

With todays technolagy, I bet when/if the US strikes, Sadam won't even be there. He will be safe in another country, running his military via cell phones, internet, etc..

He is probably not even there now.

*just a thought (probably a stupid thought) that crossed my mind.*

Guest Deuces Wild

My final thoughts:

I am upset over the actions of the governments of France and Canada and will exercise my right to boycott their products.  I will also refuse to travel to those countries for vacation.

Yes, I said I was a French bigot (when someone directly asked me if I was a bigot) based on them plunging us into this war.  My defiinition does not mean I hate the french or the french people.  If you see it that way, that is your problem and that is your world.  But don't tell me what *I* think.

My opinions. Don't turn my words or feelings into more than what I have said.

Seems to me that some of you folks have not read what I have said in this thread yet decided to form opinions based on what you thought I said.

Lets get a couple of things straight once and for all.

I never said I hate the Canadians or the French people.

I never said I speak for all Americans.

I was honest in telling you how I felt and tried to express it in an adult way, stumbling once, but recovering with an honest apology, along the way.

War is serious matters folks. Soldiers and innocent civilians are about to die. Yet some here have chosen to post funny pictures, including one about the soldiers. Still others just want to wear rose colored glasses so they see no evil in the world and as a result, see us a bully. Fine. The free nations you live in give you that right and thouasands of humans have died so you can continue to keep that right.

We are going to war to give the people of Iraq that right also, We are also going to war to rid Iraq of the torture chambers, the rape cells, the oppression, the weapons of mass destruction and the leader who has put all this in place, just as we did for the people of Afghanistan, France, Germany and Japan. The wall of communism is down in Russia thanks to the US. People in these nations are now free.

You see, sometimes you have to fight for freedom. Tony Blair understood that and has basically thrown away his political career by standing up for what is right

No, this war is not about oil. It is not about being a bully. It is about giving back the people of Iraq their God given right of freedom, that very freedom we all sometimes take for granted. It is also about taking a first step to wipe out terrorism so all people can live without fear.

So throw stones at me all you want. I am a big boy and can take it.

But when this war is over remember to post a note of thanks to the American, British and Australian troops for freeing the people of Iraq and taking another step in eliminating terrorism for you and your family. Some of my friends and co-workers will not be able to do that as, through no fault of their own or their Country, they met their Creator on 9-11.

Yes, I am proud to be an American standing tall with our allies in this war against evil. And you can never take that away from me.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Guest Deuces Wild

None at all Donna. I hope others feel the same way towards me now that I explained my feelings on this issue.. :)

Guest Waffel

You have the right to say, feel, think and disagree as much as you like.

So carry on... :)

And my with us list:

Australia

South Korea

Spain

Portugal

Great Britain

Netherlands

Denmark

Italy

Israel

Saudi Arabia

Kuwait

Quatar

How many of these are sending troops? You can't be with us without risk. I think the list should be limited to Great Britain.

Coalition of the Willing I wasn't totally right, but close.

Edited by finisher

Finisher, Australia sent at least 2000 troops, spain has been a major supporting country as well as portugal. Saudi Arabia, Quatar and Kuwait are providing the bases for the coallition forces. And the other countries have provided strategic and diplomatic support to the coallition. These countries are not required anywhere to support the states, so by all means I think you should be grateful with whatever support they give you! They are sacrificing diplomatic and economic droughts by supporting the states and face possible trade terminations from other countries. I am Canadian and think we should have sent troops, but by these countries not being against the states, they are a much greater asset.

It is the ignorance that you have demonstrated that angers many people abroad. These countries are sacrificng much more than they have too by even taking a stand and all you can do is crap on them. Many of these countries, in close proximity, such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have always been allied and there is no reason to see them differently now, they were influencial during the Gulf war and there is no reason whatsoever to suspect differently now.

Guest Deuces Wild

It is the ignorance that you have demonstrated that angers many people abroad.  These countries are sacrificng much more than they have too by even taking a stand and all you can do is crap on them.

cpuguru, Saudi Arabia is a very reluctant ally and may in fact have ties to terrorist activities.

Not to drag this on, but I can take your comment and change just a few words to reflect the way some Americans feel about the Canadian leaders.

"It is the ignorance that the Candadian leaders have demonstrated that angers many people in the United States. The US is sacrificing much more than they have to by taking a stand yet all your leaders do is crap on us."

Edited by Deuces Wild

dw, im with you guys over there, not every one of us in this country follows the primeminister here i think he was a jerk not to help! i watched t.v over here when he said no he wouldnt participate and the look on his face when he said that made me mad. so you cant really say its everyone of us that are against the u.s alot of us are with you guys. :)

Someone please give thoughts on this.....

I asked before why they didn't just put a bounty out on Saddam for like 1 or 2 million dollars.

Some may say that it is not a moral thing to do, but war really isn't too moral either. And some may say that its "illigal" but hell....you can't tell me that the govs never do anything illegal!

To me that would be alot easier and cheaper (on lives and $$$) if they went that route instead of sending troops over etc..

Cathie