Sign in to follow this  
Cougar_Pflow

Canada Choose Not To Participate

On the issue of vetoing resolutions, the Untied States holds the record largest number of veto's in the UN.

LOL ! Blair has promised a separate state for Palestine , as part of his Iraq sweeteners, and Brit tv has just shown a major investigation into Israel's secret nukes programme. Wrong time for this discussion but it's a-coming :mrgreen:

Guest Deuces Wild

That number was based on a news report today, stating Powell has obtained the open support of 30 countries supplying troops and supplies, 15 with financial support and 15 off the record declaring support (most likely middle eastern countries keeping a low profile for obvious reasons.

How many countries supported the ally coalition during WWII? Certainly not 193 (less Germany, Italy and Japan).

The scope of this war has not yet reached, and I hope it never does, the scope of that world war.

The support we have is certainly adequate and more than was expected. I am sure more is to come also.

Stay tuned Bruce.

Edited by Deuces Wild

How many countries supported the ally coalition during WWII? Certainly not 193.

My point exactly!

Those whose battle it is to fight will fight the battle.

We were not there to support our allies for years, and we wouldn't have gone either if we had not been attacked by Japan. By the time we entered that war, most of Europe was in ruins, under siege, and we sat idly by as it happened. Using WWII is not a good example of the way we have shown support for our allies.

Guest Deuces Wild

My point exactly!

Those whose battle it is to fight will fight the battle.

We were not there to support our allies for years, and we wouldn't have gone either if we had not been attacked by Japan. By the time we entered that war, most of Europe was in ruins, under siege, and we sat idly by as it happened. Using WWII is not a good example of the way we have shown support for our allies.

Who has ever claimed that it was right for the US to wait? We were wrong.

But the fact that we did wait (most of Europe was certainly not in ruins as you claim), and knowing now that we were wrong in doing so, actually supports my claim about those countries not supporting us....I fail to see how it supports your claim.

Regardless, here are some facts about WWII:

Axis Countries (5)

Allied Countries (16)

Certainly far less than the the 30 vowing military/equipment support for US now.

And certainly not a majority of the countries.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Deuces Wild ,

So tell me again where I or anyone stated that I (we) hate the French or Canadians.

What part of the word hate don't you understand.

BTW: Who made the statement you quoted - "I dislike the French"? It was not me.

I said "Parts of posts from this thread:"...I did not say "Parts of posts from this thread that Deuces Wild said:"

As for what part of "hate" do I not understand....ok I will give you that and say that me using the word "hate" may have not been apropriate.

As I said, i am not an engish scholar. However, to me words and phrases like "dislike" & "Am I a French bigot? You betcha." all are derivatives of hate.

Guest Deuces Wild

As I said, i am not an engish scholar. However, to me words and phrases like "dislike" & "Am I a French bigot? You betcha." all are derivatives of hate.

Dislike and bigot are equal to hate? Maybe to you. Too bad.

Guest Donna

I'm Canadian and I speak french so does this make me public ennemy no 1 ? :yikes:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: You better hide under your bed cougar, there commin to get you!!!

Dam, guess i better get under there with you. :blink:

Dislike and bigot are equal to hate? Maybe to you. Too bad.

Well I searched "bigot hate" in yahoo...... I don't think I am the only one that associates the 2 words.

No child is born a bigot. Hate is learned, and there is no doubt it can be unlearned.

Guest Deuces Wild

My final thoughts:

I am upset over the actions of the governments of France and Canada and will exercise my right to boycott their products. I will also refuse to travel to those countries for vacation.

I no longer view Canada as a friend of the US. I am certainly disappointed in them. France has never really been our ally, so I was not as disappointed by their actions.

Yes, I said I was a French bigot (when someone directly asked me if I was a bigot) based on them plunging us into this war. My defiinition does not mean I hate the french or the french people. If you see it that way, that is your problem and that is your world. But don't tell me what *I* think.

My opinions. Don't turn my words or feelings into more than what I have said.

I am out of this discussion now as it is quickly turning unreasonable.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Guest Donna

Dam, guess i better get under there with you. :blink:

:wub: we could have a good time under my bed Donna !
Posted Image Make love not war!!! Peace!

Wait, wrong war. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I agree with everyone....(when your 7' tall and green, you need all the friends you can get..... :mrgreen: )

My wife ran off with a Canadian.....

I never should have married that lumberjack in the first place... :lol::lol:

Edited by thehulk18

Guest Waffel

So glad to know you have personally talked with the leaders of each of these countries so as to gain the understanding that you did. :rolleyes:

What a remark, have you talked to Saddam, Chirac, Berlusconi, Aznar, Blair, Verhofstadt or Schröder? :rolleyes:

Have you ever actually seen anything from for instance Rumania?!?

Sure it's in Europe, but it's a third world country.

Pure poverty! Really terrible. People who really have close to nothing.

If you see a chance to get economic support, when you're in that condition, you are going to turn it down?

Yeah right. :shifty:

Deuce, is a, oh my it's a "french" word. :blink:

Well it was a sunny warm and bright afternoon, I spent the majority of it out in the yard. Not a care in the world other then the damn snow/ice. It is staring to melt, another 2 1/2 feet and I will see the lawn. Looking at the lawn mower thinking about the smell of fresh cut grass, was a pleasant thought I think I will try and hold onto the rest of the night. :mrgreen:

Looking at the lawn mower thinking about the smell of fresh cut grass, was a pleasant thought I think I will try and hold onto the rest of the night.  

I was sharpening the blades just a while ago!!!

Guest Donna

Lawn? Whats that?

I am heading up to my roof now before it starts leaking like last year. :blink:

Lawn? Whats that?

I am heading up to my roof now before it starts leaking like last year. :blink:

Its the green stuff,,but I don't have any yet either,,just brown stuff,,I got the fever tho!!!

I disn't say "you" were anything.

I said "Deuce" is a french word. It's a dirivative of deux, meaning "two"

Bravo Bruce la maitrise de la langue francaise n'a plus de secret pour vous !

(Bravo Bruce you have master french there is no more secret for you !)

:mrgreen:

Guest Donna

Only brown stuff we have is what the dogs left as they walked by! :blink::blink:

Anyone seen my ladder? :help:

Guest Deuces Wild

Deuce, is a, oh my it's a "french" word.  :blink:

OK folks, I said I spoke my last word here but Bruces snippet got me going again. This response is directed to him.

- -- - - - -

Come on Bruce. Be man enough to tell me what you think I am. Oh, but please be mindful of the forum guidelines you recently asked us to abide.

I clearly understood your intentions in that little snippet and found it to be quite juvenile and unfitting for a forum moderator. But that may be your style.

As has been discussed here in detail for the past several days, some people here, including you, have to learn to accept having others disagree with their points of view without getting their shorts in a knot over it. This should be especially true for the forum moderators.

Except for the subtle inference, which I deleted and apologized to you for, I have been quite adult in my discussions on this upcoming war. You have no idea the reason I feel as strongly as I do. Let me just say that close friends of mine were lost in 9-11 and my best friends son is now stationed, ready for action, in Kuwait. I do not find the war anything to joke about and I did not appreciate those choosing not to stand with us.

This is not the first time you got your nose out of joint in a political thread. It is obvious that you just can't stand it when someone proves you wrong, which coincidentally happens quite often in these types of threads.

The answer? Stick to computers Bruce.

Now I was man enough to apologize to you earlier in this thread for something I should not have written, something that was just as subtle as what you wrote.

How about it Bruce. Do the rules apply to you?

Edited by Deuces Wild

Deuces,,I don't really care who that post was aimed at.

Nobody should be posting anything that they have to say "I'm sorry" about.

Think before ya post and sometimes ya get better results that way.