Sign in to follow this  
Cougar_Pflow

Canada Choose Not To Participate

Something wrong with canadian roads?

Between the winter weather and the small tax base, Canada is just not able to keep all the roads in top-notch condition.

Let's just say sometimes it's like doing dune buggy ;)

Guest Deuces Wild

The US citizens will remember Canada, France, Russia and China for refusing to stand with us in this fight to rid the world of terrorists. I used to consider Canada as a friend of the US. Not any more. :mrsgreen: Friends come to your side in time of need.

Guest Deuces Wild

So I guess you don't have any friend ! :rolleyes:

Naw...the US has plenty of friends...but Canada is apparently not one of them. :mrgreen:

Thats a foolish statement when you stop and consider that only "two" wars were ever sanctioned by the UN. The Korean Conflict, and the war with Iraq in 91. The UN has never as a body supported any other war, I wouldn't expect that to change now. Screw the UN we should just pull out, it is a joke!

As far as our allies are concerned why should any nation want to get involved in a war they don't consider just or warrananted. Because the US says it is just or warranted doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to follow us like little lost sheep. We are not the concience of the world. If we decide we want to go to war then we do it. We do it with the conviction that it is what "we" must do. To expect every other ally to jump up and send their troops into "our" battles is wrong. We picked the fight we must be willing fight it alone if necessary witout any anomosity towards our allies, end of story.

If and when there is a "real" and "actual" threat to the United States or it's neighbors there is no doubt in my mind that they would be there to help. Under the current circumstances, and the diplomantic blunders, and bully tactics of George Bush I think we are lucky to have anyone at all willing to help us.

If he and Rumsfeld would have kept their fat mouths shut and let someone with a little political savy handle things we would probably have the support of all our allies. We could have had much more support, if things were handled differently from the beginning. Now what we have is anomosity from around the world towards the United States. Not becuase what we want to do is wrong but because the way the administration insulted, inflamed, and aggrevated every country they could on world wide television.

You attract more flies with honey then with vinegar. Something George Bush would do well to learn.

Guest Deuces Wild

Foolish statement? I don't think so. It is how I feel. Don't like it? Tough.

Friends stand with friends. Canada deserted us. The scene yesterday of their parliament standing and cheering when the Prime Minister stated they will not back us made me sick.

Guest Deuces Wild

If and when there is a "real" and "actual" threat to the United States or it's neighbors there is no doubt in my mind that they would be there to help. Under the current circumstances, and the diplomantic blunders, and bully tactics of George Bush I think we are lucky to have anyone at all willing to help us.

Talk about foolish statements. That one takes the cake.

Ever hear of 9-11? Have you read the news about Iraq sending chemical warheads to the south? Hmmm...I thought he had no WOMD.

Time to stop the whining Bruce. The war will happen. The madman will be disarmed. The world will be safer.

And do our troops a favor...no matter how you see this at least show some support for them.

Freinds stand with freinds when those freinds are in danger of being harmed. I will stand by my freind if he is attacked, however if he picks a fight it's his fight, not mine.

If freinds always stood with freinds then right now about we should stand with the 90% of the world opposed to this war and not go to war. There are two sides to every coin.

We are going, we drag those who are willing along with us, and needn't worry about the rest. I think we have alienated enough allies, and it will not help our cause to keep whining about who will die for our cause and who will live for what they believe in.

If they do not believe in our war, then they should not be expected to fight it for us. It is "our" war not theirs.

if push came to shove canada would change their toone we`ll help were we feel it`s needed right now at this point the states is fine

I do support our troops 100%. God Bless them all, I hope they kick :filtered:.

That is a different thing. Supporting our troops and thinking that our President has allientaed our allies have nothing in common.

When or where did I ever once say I do not support our troops? Never did, never would. You could send them in to blow up the vatican and I would support the men who had to go and do it. That doesn't mean I would have to like the idea in it's self.

I am a veteran of the United States Army. I always support our armed services in whatever endeavor our government sends them to do.

I don't have some ill concieved idea that not liking war, means I don't support our people in the milirtary.

Guest Deuces Wild

Freinds stand with freinds when those freinds are in danger of being harmed. I will stand by my freind if he is attacked, however if he picks a fight it's his fight, not mine.

Hmmm....remind me again how we picked a fight that resulted in the 9-11 attacks.

Regardless of your support or that of Canada, our troops will rid the world of terrorists for you and your families.

Edited by Deuces Wild

I'm not even sure it's "our" war. It's Bush's war.

I support our troops 100%, I think Hussein should be removed from power in Iraq, but I still think Bush is handling it wrong.

Hmmm....remind me again how we picked a fight that resulted in the 9-11 attacks.

Regardless of your support or that of Canada, our troops will rid the world of terrorists for you and your families.

BTW: Bruce, are you of french ancestory by any chance? Your last name appears to be of french origin.

Well actually my origin is Palmer Massachusetts, United States of America. Born raised and lived in the United States all my life. Absolutely my last name is french. Would it matter if it were Irish, or Italian, or German, maybe if it were Smith you'd like it better. hmmmmm

If my name has some bearing on your judgement of me then I truly feel sorry for you. I also have very dark olive skin, and black hair. I have a funny accent too maybe that could be it. Are you a bigot? Or do you just insult everyone.

Guest Deuces Wild

Am I a French bigot? You betcha. You can blame us going to war on them.

Yes, my statement was wrong. I deleted it. I apologize for making it.

Guest Waffel

@ Cougar_pflow: I recognise the story about the bumpy roads... Thank god our government has invested a great deal in street lights, so now we can see the bumps miles away... LOL

@The_guys_claiming_a_lot_of_countries_have_deserted_them: That's simply not true. The US know very well we will support them immediately and unconditionally when they are directly being attacked. But that is not the case. Furthermore it's not like you're bound to lose, is it? face it, the US millitary can easily deal with Iraq. Also, we have kept to our treaties! We have not blocked the American troop building in any way. Tons of your millitary equipment still passes through our and other friendly nations every single day. Yet you choose to insult your allies (cause don't forget that's what we are) and that hurts.

As it comes to diplomacy. From the beginning France have dug themselves in and never came out of that position, and that was a foolish thing to do. But America did the same thing. There simply was no possibility for an agreement, as neither side was willing to actually talk to the other side.

And then there's Rumsfeld. When a person wants to use diplomacy, he/she should not state things like, for example, that Germany is a state comparable with Syria. Everyone should know that's not the way of getting other nations to join you.

Still all the best to the American people,

W.

The warriors are not to blame for this war so they deserve our support but the war is not everybody's battle. Each country should make that decision for themselves not agreeing with the US policy does not make them bad people. People in the US that don't agree with US policy aren't wrong either it's a matter of free choice which is part of being a citizen of a free country. Country's that aren't free don't allow disagreement with policy.

Very strange that a company that the Vice President use to work for has a contract already for rebuilding Iraq.

Guest Deuces Wild

Bigot or idiot ?

you choose ! :erm:

That was a personal attack that was uncalled for.

Forum Guidelines:

2) Personal attacks or insults to others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

I was out of line in an indirect comment to Bruce. I retracted it and aplogized to him.

I demand the same of you.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Am I a French bigot? You betcha. You can blame us going to war on them.

I dislike the French for not staying strong and living up to what they originally said they would do in the 1441 resolution, but i wouldnt blame them.

Only person that needs blaming is Saddam, simple as that.

Keith