Change Mode

Can't Check Mail With Iexplorer 6?

Guest adiel

Guest adiel

Hi...

i am facing a strange problem..

i can't check my mail at hotmail or yahoo with internet explorer..it has been happening for the the last 2 weeks.other sites work fine.

i also use opera..and i can check my mail using opera.

but what has happened to explorer.

There was another problem that i could'nt restore the previous version of internet explorer as the option was grayed out.so i went to the microsoft site and followed the instructions..reinstalled windows and restored the previous version...then i reinstalled internet explorer 6 hoping that everything will be fine..but i still can't check my mail..its really annoying..

any help??

If you are not able to get to those sites at all while everything else works OK you might want to first contact your ISP to make sure that this is not a DNS issue.

Also, clear out your temporary internet files and cookies.

Make sure you are not behind a proxy server or a firewall.

If all fails, you might want to check the Hosts file but try those things first.

Guest adiel

everything was working just fine about 2 weeks ago...but now i don't know what is happening.

i can go to th elogin page at hotmail..but after that there is only a blank page..nothing happens after i login.

i do clear all temp files..this is something else.

any idea??

Guest bounce_back

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here as I'm a newbie. :blushing:

I had this problem a while back. I could access my Hotmail through Netscape, but not IE6.

The problem was that somehow 'use a proxy server' was ticked in the connection settings. (I have no idea how this happened). I unticked it and everything worked fine for me.