Change Mode

When I first installed Spybot, I knew nothing about 'only deleting the items in red'. I deleted everything it reported as having any reference to spyware, adware, and tracking sources, including the registry entries it found (recent opened keys, user assistant history, etc.), directories (various recently opened files), etc.

I still have all this stuff in Recovery (as backups), dated 01-18 to 01-24-03.

Would you say that by now it is probably safe to delete this backed up information? Or should I restore it to be on the safe side?

I've noticed no ill effects from having removed all this stuff (I think... :rolleyes: ) but I hestitate to delete the backup until I'm sure it's safe to do so.

Thanks, -kd5-

Edited by kd5

So do you still delete all or just the red. When I first used it, I deleted all and then stopped because of all the comments here.

The only replies you ever read are don't delete the green because it can mess up your computer but never explained how or why fully ...

(The green do seem harmless enough - IE lists, WinAmp, Nero Etc ...)

Edited by mmanya

What ever it brings up I just delete it and have yet to have any problems(knock on wood.)I did the same thing in the begining and thought I messed up with deletions but everything was fine so I kept using the tactics(if it found anything delete it).......JS

mmanya, ever since I read the comments here about only deleting the items in red, I haven't fooled with the items in green. I've been curious about that though, but always assumed I'd be playing it safe if I just didn't do it anymore :blushing:

Thanks snowus, that's reassuring..... :) -kd5-

Edited by kd5