Change Mode

"spybot S&d Program Update (1.2 Final) 03/16/03"

The notice after updating spybot (1.2 final) said that since I have Ad-aware on my computer, that it may detect spybot. It also said to ignore that, because spybot contains no spyware. I tried to copy and paste that

little 'blurb', but it wouldn't let me.

Oh great. So now we're gonna have AdAware & Spybot feuding with one another? :woot:

Almost makes me wonder if updating Spybot is such a good idea....... :rolleyes: -kd5-

Edited by kd5

Oh great. So now we're gonna have AdAware & Spybot feuding with one another? :woot:

Almost makes me wonder if updating Sybot is such a good idea....... :rolleyes: -kd5-

I was kind of wondering the same thing. But it didn't tell me that

until after the total up date (sheesh) :blink:

So how do we tell AdAware to ignore Spybot??? I'd hate to have to manually remove the Spybot entry from AdAware's scan results each time :blink: -kd5-

this is what it said

You have AdAware installed.

If you have the AdAware option to scan inside archives enabled, AdAware may find files in the Spybot-S&D folder. Spybot-S&D does not contain any spyware, but it creates backups of everything you fix (until you remove those backups from the Recovery list), and AdAware complains about these backups. You can safely ignore these backups found by AdAware.

Almost makes me wonder if updating Sybot is such a good idea....... :rolleyes: -kd5-

If ad-aware interfere with Spybot I will just have to remove ad-aware from my system cause Spybot in my opinion is doing a better job!