Sign in to follow this  
Guest XLegendX

Okay, I'm Done

I am eeeviiiiiiilllll. I am of the fruuuuits of the deviiiiiiiiilll :mrgreen:

*I'm assuming the peeps here have seen "So I Married an Axe Murderer"* :shifty:

Hey STASI -

I just noticed something --- You will be turning 99 years old in MAY --HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

(13 May 1904) - in your BIOS

Only SATAN can LIVE that LONG :nospys:

Edited by LOLA

Hahaha, I didn't think anyone checked those. You's a gotta sharp eye (or a looooong nose):)

BTW- what's really funny (and what just might prove I'm truly a satanoid) is that date, 13 May 1904 is the earliest Friday the 13 among the dates we can choose from :shifty:

Hahaha, I didn't think anyone checked those. You's a gotta sharp eye (or a looooong nose):)

Long Nose - Stasi !!!

I wouldn't even be posting if I wasn't sitting around with nothing to do!!

I do love the sharp eye/long nose thing.

Thanks -- LOLA

In case you missed the post I put just after it, Friday the 13th is that date's significance >:)

Well, if my opinion is valid or wanted I will give it, if not well I will just give it anyway so just don't read further.

Some people can take jokes, some can't, and some can make jokes and some can't. It is all in the eye of the beholder. I knew Legend was joking around, and I didn't see it as offensive. But if I were Ax honestly I probably would have. Things could have been solved in a far better way. Maybe by PM, or even a public "Sorry Ax Didn't mean to offend you and I apologize", and a "Hey legend oops I was wrong here is a new password". But it got beyond that point and it was already to late. Patience was not in the house that night. In the end I think we all can agree on one thing, it went too far.

I haven't agreed with all of the mods or admins of this site, but well it is like I don't agree that seat belts should be mandatory, but well what I think doesn't much matter as a cop will still ticket me for it. You have to obey rules, requests...and well demands of those who are in charge, whether or not you agree, disagree, or think they are idiots (plenty of moronic bosses in my day).

Kinda sucks. I mean I had a problem with a person on here not that long ago which many remember. I honestly think things are okay now. Talked in private away from the pit, he apologized, took some advice and I htink we both are better off for it. Sometimes people just need to step back. Unfortuneately it is too late.

It has been said that there is a history here, and well that is between those involved and well there is a lot us little people don't know about.

Legend I will miss ya. I never had a problem with you, and you have from my point of view always seemed to be helpful, or just funny as hell. I have had my disagreemnts with you in the past and still do. You and Bruce don't see eye-toeye but I htink he has been exactly what the pit has needed from my point of view, for a long time he and Volt really were the guys to answer any and all questions.

Well in the end you and I both know the course you took only had one final destination, and it is unfortuneate. You will be missed.

Guest fragged one

the way i see it, if you don't like it, don't come anymore. i just wanted to take this opportunity to say i left because of ax. i love this place, completely. i used to respct ax and take his advice, but he's not good at seeing the other point of view mostly. i've never said anything to him on things i was appalled at, but when i was a bit angry about something that occured directly to me, i asked in a friendly way what was up, and he was slightly friendly in the reply, which was good. i didn't expect friendliness from a leader of our community.......

don't take this as me attacking ax, but attacking the decision to make him an admin. i believe it was a poor one. ax is pretty cool, and a large part of the pit, just not a good admin.

let me just tell you about what we call in the wireless industry "churn". churn is what we call lost customers. we try at all costs to keep churn at a minimum, and then lower it. out bonuses are based upon it, out company's profits are directly affected by it, and our customer's bills are directly affected by it. it costs us money to lose them.

because of this, our customer care reps must do what they can to keep our customer's, and they get huge incentives (gift certificates, bonuses, managerial remarks on personel record, etc..). because of those huge incentives, we have rock bottom churn, in fact, the lowest in the industry. basically, our customer service is tops, bar none.

keep reading........

how does this relate? the admin must be that way, as well. he should want to keep as many of the members as possible, especially those that make solid contributions, such as patrolling the user-to-user, etc.. the only catch, is no direct contribution. no pay, no incentives. basically, a very patient, friendly, *happy*, admin. one that's not only ready to take on the trolls, etc., but also problems that may occur with members.

i don't believe ax is able to do so. not from my experience here.

As I have mentioned long before, the pit is no longer what it used to be. Does the thread name "quality of the boards" ring a bell? I find it quite ridiculous to get someone banned for obviously just a simple joke. From what I've seen, Ax was seeing this as a threat to his own dignity, so he resorted to banning (as was stated before). Hey, maybe Legend didn't exactly do the best way to "solve" the issue, but people make mistakes. No use for all that flaming.

I also find there to be some compelling evidence of dishonesty here...Ax, if you are able to construct all these user groups and and even so as to "ban" someone, I find it hard to believe that you did not know that you could change a password? The option is right in the same section in the ACP? Even the worst forum software should have that option open to administrators.

I think there have been a lot of very poor choices made here - by Ax himself and another is making him an admin in the first place. I have lost all my respect for these admins. I find it no longer interesting to post here anymore, it has become not much different than a lot of other forums, which really makes this one unworthy of the title "the best forum around".

Thus, I will be here much less, probably never come back. Goodbye, PcPitstop!

Edited by Magic

Back in the old pit days

we had a similar situation,

and all of us, -yes all- in one way or another

made it grow to a gigantic ball of ******* :mrsgreen:

that let us sad, hurt, dissapointed, :(

and all -yes all- promised* ( *if not out loud, al least we think of it)

never to let something

like this to distract us, to separate us, to take us away

from the main purpose of the pit

"to help each other in any possible way"

"to support others in time of need" (technically speaking)

now, once again is happening...

and we are letting it kinda of takin' us apart,... again

SO PLEASE!

STOP THIS NONSENSE RIGHT NOW!

Let's forget the incident but not the lesson

Let's forgive and move on!

There are enough conflicts the world around

as to contribute with one more,

just for the sake of a joke, argument, response, or a lost pswrd. or and old post. :huh:

Let's move on.

Charly. :blank:

Edited by Charly

Guest fragged one

what magic an i have said are not mere flames, charly, they are critical arguments for ax to be removed as admin. is there no oversight for the admins? are they allowed to roam free and not answer to the members that make up the reason for him to be admin? too many people are happy being happy, and don't want to make it a better place for fear of *confrontation*.

i love this place, please remove ax as an administrator.

Charly, what you don't realize is that this very same type of situation has happened over and over again. It doesn't mean it won't happen again. I've had enough.

And Ax, if you really missed the option to change the password, why didn't you bother looking for it?

Edited by Magic

Fragg,

Im glad to c u

even in this kind of situation.

Cause I 've never had an argument of any kind with anobody here

and I don't post that often as you guys do,

I can't tell if you and Magic are right or not,

or if Ax is a good admin or not,

or if he has to be removed or not.

And not because I'm afraid to speak my opinion or made a *confrontation*

Is just that it seems so unbilivable that something like this

could tear apart and separate good guys like you and magic and legend and ax

and keep a good number of members of the pit on their toes trying to

be friendly or not, supportive or not, angry or not

to every single one of your posts.

That's why Im asking you guys to stop.

Not to accept that you're (or magic or legend or axe) wrong or right, no;

just to let it be, to try to save face and make the best of the pit

as anyone seems fit for him/her self, that's all.

IMO, that's has to be worth something, right?

Charly.

I see your point Charly, but you won't believe the amount of world catastrophies and wars that have started because of something you would think is downright silly. The world is ugly and there are just some things that can't be done much about.

No matter what, if the pit recovers or so, I'm not returning as of tomorrow. It's my final decision.

Guest fragged one

charly, i meant no disrespect to you. :)

i'm only doing this because i strongly feel that ax has shown to be an inadequate administrator.

Well rather then be removed what would you guys suggest as possible improvements to our admin.

I had previously wanted a member or two banned. Well one of them rarely comes by anymore, and after talkign with this person I think they have gotten a hint from myself and otehrs and have become a good poster, and am actually glad they are still here.

Guys

remember that while you were here,

you made a lot of friends

and that only circumstance has to be enough

to stop out of respect for that amount of friendship

that exist for you here at the pit.

If you belive that your case should be

place in a special forum to *be judge for all or just a selected group *(not you, the situation and your petition)

of pitstopers, and from where a resoution should be made

in order to stop this matter,

just say so, and I belive that a big bunch of us

will be glad to help those selected to sort this out

in order to make it final.

There has to be some kind of order in here,

and someone should take full responsability

and set the final word in this or any similar situation.

Charly

Guest fragged one

Well rather then be removed what would you guys suggest as possible improvements to our admin.

I had previously wanted a member or two banned. Well one of them rarely comes by anymore, and after talkign with this person I think they have gotten a hint from myself and otehrs and have become a good poster, and am actually glad they are still here.

hmm, a compromise, eh. :beer:

how about......giving members the benefit of the doubt. how about courtesy?? how about an admin that will try to *keep* members, not run them off. :)

Fragg & Magic :tup:

I hope you solve this situation, but....

If your decision is final, and you never return to the pit :mrsgreen:

you've my grattitude for all the times you came to my rescue :rolleyes:

We never had any problem in talking to each other...

And if you need anything from south california

just pm me and I'll see that you get it.

Charly

good night/morning depending your time table.

Edited by Charly

Yeah, I will really miss a lot of the good peeps on here, but this is my sacrifice to enforce what I believe in. :)