Sign in to follow this  
Guest XLegendX

Okay, I'm Done

Guest XLegendX

Okay, I think a few people are very confused here...

If you are confused, read back to the original 3 posts by me in the "Hey, Ax!" thread.

For all those confused: I AM NOT AND WAS NEVER MAD!

I honest to God find the whole thing hilarious.

Read my original posts! I simply couldn't remember my password and thought that since the Pit didn't send me the correct info that an Admin could help.

Bruce, you're full of it, don't let your past problems with me cloud your vision in this situation.

I didn't start anything...the only time I got pissy was when Ax came back with an attitude over me joking around.

If as an Admin you can't regenerate a password or at least have something resent, then you're incompent for this job...I'm absolutely sure there's a way to do it.

Megaspaz is right about one thing, this goes a bit deeper than meets the eye with some of these people.

Dave, you're even more full of it, you have absolutely no room to talk.

I honestly used to look up to you when when I came here, and it's evidenced by a lot of my replies. I'd watch you and learn from you what was what with the tests and then use that knowledge to help other members.

I also used to laud your willingness to help any time I got a chance, and anyone who's been here a while knows this to be true.

However, you're the one that basically started the whole thing with Bruce because YOU were the one that 1st asked someone if they had a hacked copy. Your exact words were, "Don't get mad at me for asking, but is that copy of Windows legit?"

Then when the whole thing went down with me and I asked you for help, you completely didn't back me up and at least come forth and admit that you'd made a mistake.

Or at least come up with some sort of resolution to the problem. I had to deal with it myself.

Instead you went back and deleted your post and tried to hide what you'd done.

I lost all respect for you then, so I really don't care about your opinion of me, but thanks anyways for giving it.

Anyways, read my first posts in the "Hey, Ax" thread or the thread I started in Site Feedback.

I was COMPLETELY just joking around with that ONE name and I made that clear.

Even after he got pissy about it, I explained that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I don't really care about using the name Legend, this whole thing was blown out of proportion because Ax decided to think the worst and decided that I was trying to flame him.

I mean, as long as I've freaking been here, you'd think you'd know, Ax, that I'm ALWAYS joking around and at least given me the benefit of doubt. I had Richard Simmons as an avatar, for God's sake.

It's time's like this that you see who your real friends are, I guess, huh?

Well, if I offended you initially, Ax, I apologize for that. Like I said about three times now I was joking around.

YES, I was subsequently trying to irritate you, but only because you didn't even take a second to look to see if you could help me out...instead you jumped on me for playing around.

This is pointless what's going on now, though. You banning me. I can come back anytime I want, as we've already seen.

If you want me gone over a joke, then fine, I'll go.

I'm quite sure I've irritated a few people before, as well as being irritated myself, but didn't know that would translate into getting banned. I guess Admins are above regular members when it comes to that. If this had been ANY other member that this had happened to, none of this would be happening.

As badly as I know it'll kill you to NOT reply to this Bruce, et al, I'd ask that you don't because it'll make things start up again. We all know I don't let remarks against me slide, so use your own restraint since you say I have none.

Ax, if you ban this name, I'll go ahead and leave for good then.

Seriously, though, read back to my original couple of threads. You don't think you took this a little too seriously?

As a request from someone who's been here a good while, I'd ask that you give me a simple response of whether or not you want me gone for good.

If you post back and say you want me gone, I'd only ask that you'd let me stay un-banned for about 15 minutes (appr.) so that I could PM my email address to a few members that I'd like to keep in contact with, assuming they aren't :filtered:, too. I'll let you know when I'm done by posting back in here (I'll do it as quickly as possible) and you can then ban this name.

I know that I'm not exactly in a position to make requests, but I'm asking you this as a favor, please.

If my opinion counts for anything I think it's an over reaction to ban Legend.

I think Legend that you do need to understand, that not everyone is the same, people have different tolerance levels, and in the future it would be adviseable to keep this in mind instead of stirring things up to boiling point.

Kylie "why can't we all just get along" Not-so-smiley (for the third day in a row!)

Edited by Kylie_Smiley

Hey Legend

Wont say much about all you said as its for yourself and the mods/admins to sort out.

I will tell ya that i pm'd ya tho so dont be such a lazy git and get back to me ;):mrgreen:

See you all should be ashamed of yourself anyway as our smiley kylie isnt so smiley no more :(

Keith

Guest XLegendX

Yeah, I got deja vu when writing it, that's why I picked this name for myself.

It is really me, though, nobody's hacked me. (ye) :P

Guessing I'm not getting a reply, but since I'm not being banned I'll assume everything's copacetic.

Guest Nevermind

Okay, nevermind...been banned without a response...

I'll try my best to contact whomever I can that I'd like to keep in touch with.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, all.

Ciao, PCPit

Welcome back XLegendX. :)

I have been watching, not wishing to get involved, being a comparitive newbie. :)

Is this the final name change?

After all that has happened i was thinking, maybe:

Legendary! :mrwinky:

Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.

Cherie Carter-Scott, "If Love Is a Game, These Are the Rules" ;)

"It takes two to tango"

I hope that I don't ever type anything that gets misconstrued, afterall, originally he just wanted help with his password...

I do think that what Legend did and said after was wrong, but surely if he was helped as a member of the THE PIT like the rest of us would have been helped then all of this could have been avoided?

"Variety is the spice of life"

"Conform or die" (?)

I give up... its pathetic.

Ok, Legend, I generally do not reply to any posts from someone who is banned as I see no point in doing so, but I will this time just to set the record strait.

At the time when I told you there was nothing I could do, I told you we are not able to find out what your password was. That is true, and I did not lie to you about it. Admins can not view passwords. I did not realize that I could in fact reset passwords to something I chose, email or PM it to you, which you could then reset to something of your own choosing, until after you started this childish behavior and I had already had enough and banned you for it. And at that time, it became a moot point.

This is not the first time we've had problems with you either, and that figured into my decision to ban you. You've been warned numerous times, and you have repeatedly ignored those warnings. And like has happened many times in the past, you tried to say I was on a power trip, etc. That's pure crap. I don't care who it is, or what it's about. If you violate the rules here you will be warned to stop. If you don't stop when you are asked to do so, you will be banned. And once a person is banned, no matter how many times they re-register, if it can be determined that a new member is a banned member, by tracing the IP address or whatever, that member ID will also be banned.

It's not about member ID's, it's about a person's behavior. It makes no difference what name they use. If it's the same person, the behavior will most likely be the same. And you are proving that fact with your continued childish behavior. If you are walking down the street and a person named "John" attacks you, then later you're walking down the street and he attacks you again, do you really care what name he is using at the time? So what if he's changed his name to "George". He is still the person who attacked you.

It's also about how many times do you say no before you've had enough. Some people have said I am too lenient and let known troublemakers get away with too much, others say I m too quick to react. I don't think it's either way. I try to strike a happy medium, and give people a chance, yet remain firm in my enforcement of the rules as I understand them. And if I may paraphrase what someone else said (you know who you are) when I became an Administrator here, I accepted the role and the responsibilities of it. And if I was worried about someone getting mad if I enforce those rules, I wouldn't be a very good Administrator.

So to put it bluntly, I wouldn't care if you're my best friend in the world... Violate the rules here and action will be taken, and it will not be personal. And if someone doesn't like that, I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I treat everyone fairly because that is how I want to be treated.

Not to mention, if you want someones help, it really does pay to be a little more polite. Ask for help, don't demand it. And if they say they can't help you, be polite and say thanks for trying.

And for the record, I am not mad either. I'm just doing what I am supposed to do. You violated the rules and I banned you for it, the same as I would anyone else. It's as simple as that. You got yourself banned by your own actions, you are still banned, I will continue to ban any new user names your register as I would any banned member, and remind you that you said, and I quote "Ax, if you ban this name, I'll go ahead and leave for good then." Now it's up to you to keep your word, and let this be the end of it.

kinda steepdont ya think ax?? as for bruce hes a big overgrown baby and im still :filtered: at him for deleting posts in overclocking, if you moderators and babys cant be HUMAN and remember we all have weaknesses i dont think i wanna be a member here either. ALLEN

And the whole lesson is??

Write it down somewhere.

Save it as an email with the subject as "pit pass".

Save it in another folder,,but save it!!

And if you forget to do that,,or if it just don't work,,then give it some time for another admin to see the problem and have an idea on how to fix it!!

It takes two to tango

correct.

kinda steepdont ya think ax

also correct, imo. as well as the xmimicx situation too, imo.

as for bruce hes a big overgrown baby

wrong. bruce is one of the most helpful people i've ever met on the net.

Write it down somewhere

wrong also. bad security practice. you shouldn't be writing your password anywhere if you're at work and that should also translate to the home too. people forget passwords all the time that's why all admin tools have ways for the admin to reset a user's password. part of the admin job description. if the admin doesn't know, he/she should find out how.

you tried to say I (Ax) was on a power trip

i think that's wrong too. my personal feeling is that maybe he's taken a strict constructionist view of the forum rules without taking into account leeway. but that's his job as admin to interpret the rules even though i think at this situation and the other situation mentioned above his interpretation was too strict.

and I quote "Ax, if you ban this name, I'll go ahead and leave for good then." Now it's up to you to keep your word, and let this be the end of it.

i would hope there would be a way for the admins to reconcile this and find a way to allow legend (and xmimicx) to participate in this forums again if legend and xmimicx wanted too.

this maybe ax's, dave's, chengrob's, or whoever the owners are website, but it's our community also. at least it used to be. :blank:

so good luck to the pitstop and all it's members for the future that lies ahead.

I did not think this little tantrum was hilarious, did anyone else. I can't see how any sane and sober person would think that creating dozens of bogus accounts was a polite way to behave in a forum they wanted to continue visiting. The "cute" account names were an attack on Ax, for something that he didn't do. Legend forgot his password and managed to come up with the most inappropriate way you could imagine to "solve" the problem.

For those of you thinking "Come on, give good old Legend another chance," it's past that point now because of his ill-judged actions. He created dozens of account names and junk posts. He defaced The Pit. Then he decides to come back and say he was only having fun. Well it sure wasn't fun for the admins and mods. We're left trying to clean up the mess, but of course if we try to clean it up and delete posts then some people become upset that we're trying to censor the forums. I don't like being put in that situation.

Everyone here, please note. If you've seen my posts you know that it takes pretty bad behavior before I think it's time to ban someone. Legend stepped WAY over the line in my opinion. If he had valued this forum and your friendships he would have not done that. When someone comes over to a party at your house and trashes the place--on purpose--you don't invite them back.

I dunno, I just read through the threads that the whole conflict took place in and I see one big problem - EGO. I think Legend really was just joking - certainly not something to get upset and offended about, but Ax saw it as an attack on his integrity as an admin and took it personally. Then, in response, Legend fought back and it just got ugly. I think the whole damn thing was about losing face, on both sides. Sure, a person shouldn't fight against an admin if he wants to stick around, but the admin, as a wielder of power in the forums, not only has the responsibility to mediate and control what goes on, but to have some self restraint when some stupid little joke is made with an ID. It wasn't a banable offense in the beginning, but BOTH kept it going. It would have been nice to see another admin jump in and try to cool things down on both sides, but I didn't see it happen. There's plenty of blame on both sides. I mean, jeez, it's not like Legend had been really "trolling" around in the forum before, at least not that I noticed. Is one silly little argument worth banning someone over?

On a side note, I think it's sad that someone complained about my last avatar (Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo). Some people just have no sense of humor :mrgreen: I just hope no one protests against "Beastie" the BSD Unix mascot because it's "satanic". If they do, I won't change the avatar anyway. I'll just laugh.

STASI -- Quote:

On a side note, I think it's sad that someone complained about my last avatar (Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo). Some people just have no sense of humor I just hope no one protests against "Beastie" the BSD Unix mascot because it's "satanic". If they do, I won't change the avatar anyway. I'll just laugh.

Oh my GOD !!! Was that POO? I thought it was a crooked cigar!!!

Just close your eyes & click your heels three times - Then you will be back in KANSAS !!

For all of you Puritanical types -- Get a GRIP on Yourselves & bury your heads in the sand will ya already!!!

Hehe, I miss my Mr. Hanky already :mrgreen: I mean, heck, in the South Park episodes he shows up in, he's the calmest, nicest, and most mature character in the whole show! Oh well. I'm not gonna complain too much :mrwinky: I coulda gone on fighting it, but outta respect for the admin who brought the compaint to my attention and nicely asked me to change it, I decided to let good ol' Mr. Hanky go. But seriously, if anyone protests Beastie cos he's a little devil, I'm NOT gonna change it without a fight! :nuke:

Hehe, I miss my Mr. Hanky already :mrgreen: I mean, heck, in the South Park episodes he shows up in, he's the calmest, nicest, and most mature character in the whole show! Oh well. I'm not gonna complain too much :mrwinky: I coulda gone on fighting it, but outta respect for the admin who brought the compaint to my attention and nicely asked me to change it, I decided to let good ol' Mr. Hanky go. But seriously, if anyone protests Beastie cos he's a little devil, I'm NOT gonna change it without a fight! :nuke:

YOU SATAN WORSHIPPER ~

Are you posessed?

Would you like to be Posessed? --- YA BABY !!!!!!! :woot: