Sign in to follow this  
lilbill08

How Can I Amke My Video Faster?

I have xp, so do i hit the F8 key then the F1 key??? what do i do with an eachines t4160 windows xp system????!!!!!! :(

I have only read your inquiry.scrolled by for now because.

pcpitstop read you in 16 bit because you where.Do you not know how to change your video setting ?

right click the desktop and select propertys/settings,or consult your video card "manual"get a drink and read it.

Sorry if this seems abrupt.

;)

Edited by brutus

brutus: FYI... lilbill is a 10 YO kid... he's light years ahead of any 10 YO kid I know... and maybe ahead of some of us here! :blush:

E-machine FAQ's: http://www.emachines.com/support/view_faq....aq=1004998907#4

Q: How can I enter BIOS set-up? top

A: To enter the system BIOS setup, press the <DEL> key when the eMachines logo screen appears.

Edited by JimD

Guest electriceel

:huh:

Just a short note the express some surprize at the scores posted here.

My old slow machine, with an ASUS V8170 64MegDDR nVidia MX440 scores MUCH MUCH higher than these Ti's.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...WGSWWDP09PSTSJD

And this is my lowest score for some time. I've had 215+ in the past :)

What I would like to know is why my cached speed is so low.

Good luck.

Even if the kid is 10 years old, if he wants to play with the big boys he has to take the heat. If not, he should go back to Sesame Street.

I do admit he is very advanced for his age, but I have to wonder why he is spending most of his time in this forum and the ones he created rather than spending it in school, doing homework and hanging out with his buddies. He is 10 years old for crying out loud.

Where are his parents?

Edited by Dire Wolf

Even if the kid is 10 years old, if he wants to play with the big boys he has to take the heat. If not, he should go back to Sesame Street.

I do admit he is very advanced for his age, but I have to wonder why he is spending most of his time in this forum and the ones he created rather than spending it in school, doing homework and hanging out with his buddies. He is 10 years old for crying out loud.

Where are his parents?

umm..i dont think his being here or existing here is qualified to be questioned by you...I am glad to have him here, as a part of the ever-expanding pcpitstop community, and am sure the rest are too.

What can I say Dire Wolf... I haven't had a kid that young for 14 years... hey, my grandson is 8... maybe in 2 years... and his daddy is an MSCE... hummmmm... :lol:

electriceel: You know, I had that same card on my previous machine... I would get 150's with it on an FIC AD11 mb with an XP 1600+ chip... I bought a new AN11 mb with an XP 2000+ chip and my video score dropped to 95! :woot:

Well, after much fighting with it, I bought an AN17 mb with an XP 2100+ chip... thinking it might be a bad mb. Well, long story short, the new board & 2100 chip scored only 102 :bang:

Sooooooooooooo, got the GeForce4 Ti4200, and it only raised it up to about 135!

Man, I was upset... I didn't "waste" the prevous boards/chips... first one went to my wife, 2nd one to my oldest son...

Then I found MadOnion (now Futuremark) and 3D Mark 2001 SE... it was there that I found out that my new board and new video card, while lower score here at the pit than my old one, just totally blew away the old one on the 3D tests.

Guess my long story got longer :blush: Anyway, here's the links to old machine and new machines here at the Pit and 3D Mark Scores:

Old machine: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...ZV9GWXDMLKSNYJD

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5328350

New machine: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...EWWVWXDMLKS08JD

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5766152

Guest electriceel

Hi Jim, I will acknowledge this video doesn't score super high in 3DMark2001se. I've had a lot of lock-ups whilst doing the testing. This is a GeForce 4 model.

My latest successful score is: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5622096 (5123)

My best previous score was 5194.

But I do have to recognize I have an old Athlon 1200 (20 months since built) and this has a huge bearing on results there.

:erm:

Edited by electriceel

:P thanks torrey for backing me up! umm... i mean sk8bloke87! :P Edited by lilbill08

ok found the BIOS setting screen now what i can't find anything that says "AGP Apeture" is it names something else? is it on the "Main" screen "Advanced" screen "Secerity" screen "Power" screen "Boot" screen??? (thats all i can think of off the top of my head sorry) :blink:

sk8bloke87... Yup, it is a better video card, but that was my point... the better card and better machine got lower results in the PCPitstop test, but outperformed the old system by "bunches" in the 3D Mark benchmark tests.

lilbill08: In the BIOS, look for anything that says "AGP" and "24"... the 24 should have options to be bumped up to 128 or 264... change it to 128 or 264, exit & save, reboot & then test again!

lilbill: Except for a couple of glasses of wine, I do not know what got into me to make the post I did last night. It is in no way defensible and I apologize to you for my inappropriate remarks.

You of course have every right to be on this board and have shown you have a lot to offer. Your knowledge of computers is far beyond mine and it continues to amaze me.

Again, sorry and it will not happen again. ;)

hey lilbill, did u know there's LIVE eMachine techsupport chat? They can even temporarily 'take over' your pc! Of course they cant make changes in the BIOS for you, but you can ask them for detailed instructions and write them down, as all BIOSes are not the same!

got a score of 6131 and look it is still 24 mb!!!!!!!!! Description: Primary Display Driver

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Name: RADEON 9000 PRO

Total Local Video Memory: 128 MB

Total Local Texture Memory: 128 MB

Total AGP Memory: 24 MB

Display Driver: ati2dvag.dll

Display Driver Version: 6.13.10.6218

Driver WHQL Certified: Yes

Max Texture Width : 2048

Max Texture Height: 2048

Max User Clipping Planes: 6

Max Active Hardware Lights: 8