Sign in to follow this  
NewYorker4ever

Hockey Playoffs

If Salo was in net they wouldn't have gotten blown out that bad. I have no idea why the are playing amature in net when they have a seasoned veteran goalie who can't wait to play. Sure Salo doesn't have the best playoff record but sure as hell he is out there tryig every night unlike that so called miracle worker that was out there tonight.

CowTown killed my Canucks.

But, I'd be a poor sport if I didn't cheer them.

Besides, they play Western hockey and that's way better than that centre-ice poker game those Eastern teams like to play.

I

Series Updates:

Tampa leads Montreal 1-0

Phillie leads Toronto 1-0

Calgary tied with Detroit 1-1

San Jose leads Colorado 2-0

Yzerman's two goals the other night were picture perfect---been watching Stevie since he came to Detroit over twenty years ago---and those two goals are among his best.. Just fun to watch.

Go Wings

:mrgreen:

I am still in shock from last night's Montreal-Tampa Bay game. I nearly fell off the couch when TB tied it up and it went to overtime. Let's hope Montreal comes back and wins three in row just like with the Boston series.

I think the Avs and Habs are finished, NewYorker.

My Leafs are still in it though. :lol:

It was nice to see Bettman and Goodenow meeting today, not that I got my hopes up or anything.

"I think the Avs and Habs are finished, NewYorker."

I think you're right, although I'd like to see Montreal win a game, all the people down here in Tampa Bay are acting like they've already won the cup.

What are we going to do if we don't have hockey next year??? :mrsgreen:

Look forward to the World Cup next summer. After that it's the World Jr.s in Dec-Jan.

After that.... :bawling:

Hey, NewYorker.

Any ideas on who the Rangers should tap as their head coach?

Martin? Quenneville?

I'll take either one of them. I'd actually like to see Pat Quinn behind the bench.

Doesn't matter who they get, they play terrible no matter who's behind the bench. :mrsgreen: Same thing every year, we spend $$$ getting all these players who either get hurt or don't produce.

I am waiting for Mark Messier to retire and hop behind the bench. With all his experience, I think he would make an excellent coach.

If the Leafs lose this series you may be able to have Quinn, then the Leafs can take Qunneville. :mrgreen:

Messier could be a great coach.

I don't think we can get any AHL games down here. Had to get the NHL package just to watch hockey. They play lightning games, but all the sports affilates like ESPN and FOX Sportsnet would carry other sports, like racing or poker (over hockey?).

Let's just hope this whole strike thing never happens. Remember the last time, devs won the cup that year :angry:

Burnaby Joe has done it again. Another game winning goal, this time of the overtime variety. Avs aren't out of it yet. Sharks lead 3-2.

My Leafs starting to kick butt. :mrgreen: Tied 2-2.

How 'bout those Flames. Tied 2-2.

Habs. Shut out! Lightning win 4-0.