Sign in to follow this  
NewYorker4ever

Hockey Playoffs

well crap.......... whatever his name is that got the penalty cost the canucks the game........ but ya gotta admit it was a nice tieing goal :) what was it......10 secs left in the game?

Oh well...........Good for Calgary........ 1st time in what...9 years? :banana:

Edited by No Mercy

well crap.......... whatever his name is that got the penalty cost the canucks the game........ but ya gotta admit it was a nice tieing goal  what was it......10 secs left in the game?

It certainly was a nice pick on Iggy, knocks the bloody stick right out his hand and then skates up the ice. It was a nice goal but certainly if the referee's got their heads out of their #%^*! then they would have realized the interference behind the play and it wouldn't have counted in the first place. Anyways it just hurt Vancouver so much more by taking it to overtime anyways and then beating them (not to mention Gelinas scored the goal :) )

Vancouver fans didn't deserve another game, they have got to be the worst fans I have ever seen. They riot for nothing, beat the hell out of opposition fans, throw stuff on the ice and threaten the opposing team. This year they nearly beat a flames fan to death, and it seems like a yearly occurance in Vancouver at this time of the year. (This is a generalization I understand not all of their fans are like that although the most I have ever seen have come out of Vancouver)

The 1994 riot was a black eye for Vancouver that they have not recovered from, mostly becuase every year they do something just as stupid to rekindle the fire. I can never remember anything unpleasent resulting from hockey here, just huge Stanley Cup rallies with Gretzky on the big float with the Stanley Cup riding down Jasper Ave and 500,000 cheering them on. Now that is what hockey is about, none of this trash your city and beat up fellow fans crap... just playing for pride and glory :)

Posted Image <---THE MAN!

Who ever wins the Toronto-Ottawa game 7 will go agenst the flyers. Who would you prefer? i dont realy think it matters, the flyers are able to beat both of the teams.

Good call on both series yesterday, cpuguru.

No offence, but I hope you're wrong about the Sens/Leafs game. :lol:

Well, I watched the Game (Canucks vs Flames) and I have to say, their hearts just were not in it. Seemed like only a handful of players wanted to advance. Both the Sadine Twins and Nasland seemed to drag their feet so my guess is, we'll have a new General Manager next year. :yup:

Thats two years in a row that Nasland did not show up to play in the playoffs, my vote is that he lose the Captain rank to Lindan and I'd think about trading him and Bert for two other forwards. Playoffs are the only time being a star counts and if he's in a hurry to go play golf, maybe he should take up for a living. Sounds like I'm a little sour but concidering I have been a faithful fan for more than 25 years, I think I've seen more than enough losses when we should have won since we have the better team. I had season tickets all that time up ubtil 3 years ago when the price went out of reach so I'm feelin kind of ripped off.

As far as Jovanovski's screw up, it should not have mattered, Canucks should not have been so close in score or games won. But Calgary definately showed up last night to win, so good on them. :tup:

I'd like to see them go all the way. Well done Calgary. :beer: :beer:

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

X_C

LEAFS WIN!

Next round:

East

Tampa Bay(1) vs Montreal(7)

Philadelphia(3) vs Toronto(4)

West

Detroit(1) vs Calgary(6)

San Jose(2) vs Colorado(4)

Predictions?

Edited by dwparsnip

Tampa

Philly

Calgary

Colorado

;) And you can take that to the bank :shifty:

Edited by bluescout

Montreal <----- The team I am cheering for now

Philly <---- I would rather see Philly win over Toronto, even though Toronto is Canadian

Calgary <---- My second pick to cheer for

Colorado <---- I would never cheer for these guys

:lol: ... Colorado is the best... Avalanche is gonna kick butt.... :mrgreen:

you watch hockey in Scotland? I always thought you guys didn't like hockey. :)

My picks:

Lightning

FLYERS

Red Wings (though I'll be rooting for Calgary)

Avalanche

No Canadian teams? Wow, really going out on a limb

Habs (Momentum)

Flyers (But I'm praying and cheering for my Leafs :lol: )

Flames (Because they are younger and have momentum)

Avalanche (Experience)

I will hope for a Red Wing--Habs cup play-off or a Wings -- Toronto Stanley Cup play-off Two of the original six fighting for the cup---Priceless

Go Wings

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

The coaches are falling.....at least in Ottawa.

Sens have fired Jacques Martin.

Too bad, he's a good coach who did a good job in Ottawa.