Sign in to follow this  
NewYorker4ever

Hockey Playoffs

While I am and always will be a true blue Ranger fan, I love watching the playoffs. I love the Wings, one of the original six, and Nashville has put up quite a good fight. A little disappointed the Islanders are going down too easy to the Lightning.

Hey its their first time they made it this far... I'm proud of them win or lose !!

Good crowd at both home games. First time in the playoffs, and 2-2 on home ice. I'd like to see Nashville win, it's nice to see expansion teams make it.

What! No Leafs fans?!?!

PS- LEAFS RULE :rocks:

Edited by dwparsnip

Big Oilers fan here, although probably not as big as Sather ;)

Thanks for York, Dvorak and Nedved here :) I hope a Canadian team (other then Toronto) wins the cup. I cannot stand Toronto :)

Ottawa is next. The demons have been conquered. No longer do we have fear, we have Hitchcock!

WAR ROBERT ESCHE!

This year's Giguere.

Fear my penguin, he has never seen Pittsburgh. Doo bee doo bee doo.

This year's Giguere

Not much an endorsement. If the quacks won the cup then I would call it a good endorsement but since they didn't ouch buddy.

Hey, the Disney Quacks made it that far, eh? Flyers haven't made it out of the second in how long now? But with Esche, and some real defensemen, I'm believing this year. Getting rid of Therien, and signing Zhamnov were for once good late-season deals for Flyers.

Come on man, the Cup hasn't been here since I was 10. Can't I get Flyered up for it? :)

The Oilers and Flyers have had some good battles in the past, I would love to see Philly finally get a break for once. I liked Hextall alot, he was an amazing character and one hell of an athlete. They are a character team, as they have always been. I look forward to the days when teams will fear playing Philly, not to say they don't now its just not to the same calibur as it used to be.

I have got to go with the Canadian boys first, but if a Canadian team does not have a chance then I will cheer for Philly. If Philly ends up playing Toronto for the East then I will cheer for Philly. Here in Edmonton we learn our ABC's pretty fast (Anybody But Calgary) but the thing we Edmontonian's hate more the Calgary is those whiners in Toronto ;)

If there is a lockout next year like I figure there will be, then it will be devistating if Toronto wins. The rest of Canada will have to hear about it for an extra year :(

Well, no matter who takes home the Cup, let's hope there is no lockout or strike. It would seriously hurt hockey.

To you Canadians: I know hockey is your national sport and every kid's dream, but I live in America, and hockey is only loved by those of us who appreciate it. I can't believe that it isn't considered a great sport here, but here golf and NASCAR and even figure skating slay hockey in the TV ratings. I think it sucks that Canada has only 5 or 6 teams left, but we have hockey clubs playing in #%^*! Florida and Texas, where it's too hot to even keep the ice good for a whole game. Hockey needs a salary cap, and maybe less teams here and more in Canada.

Hey Lithium, I can take some solace in knowing that Canadians stll make up a majority of the league (approx.50%).

I agree with the cap and shrinking the league. There are a lot of players in the league now that would never have a shot in a 18-20 team league.

By the way, watch out for Calgary. They've been the best team so far, at least to watch.