Sign in to follow this  
bacterozoid

Who Is Jesus Christ?

Don't close it,,just delete the bad ones and tell them not to post on the thread again. :mrgreen: v

Announcement: It is a good thing Volt got to this thread before I did. I have had it with childish behavior, and all the complaints I am getting about it. I was going to make this thread go away completely.

And for anyone who does not understand what this says...

Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated.

...I will be glad to explain it to you while you are suspended for failing to follow the forum rules.

My delete finger is tired.

So either play nice or be banned,, some of that was way off the beaten trail.

I think Jesus was in the topic title.

Wow, amazing where this thing went.

Apart from all the off-topic stuff, thanks for the replies. Your views on Jesus were interesting to hear, and again, my friend appreciates your help for the poll.

Oh, and thanks for not deleting the thread; I sent her a link to it so she could pull what she needed. :)

I am glad this thread wasn't closed. Now that I have a few more minutes, I think I can offer your friend the answer she would like to add to her summary.

Jesus is a different to every person. Depending to what they have experienced in life, Jesus can take on a more important role. To a victim of sexual assault as a young child, Jesus may be all that person has to hold on to. The promises made about suffering, the promise of a future, the knowing that they did not suffer it alone. To the person whom experienced hardship, it is a place to lay blame, or the hardship can lead them to believe the nonexistent, or more reason to believe. We can not lay an age to the believer, as victims come in all ages. We can not lay gender to it, as well all gender can be targeted. People whom come from a solid religious back ground may be more apt to believe than the people who was raised without religion in their life.

There is not was to base belief on gender and age, nor is there any way to measure the intensity. Belief is based on life experience, and depth of the search.

This is just my opinion, but if your friend was to check with a psychologist and a minister....I think the outcome may be close to what I just typed.

Sorry I couldn't do this in the first post, but free time is something I seem to be short of.

To me Jesus represents nothing. I am interested in the stories surrounding him but quite frankly he has no place in my life. I am very fascinated by the whole idea of religion but as well I am very perplexed. There are so many questions I have but no one could possibly answer them, its not that I don't want to believe that there is a higher being then us, its just there is nothing to base my opinion on. I hope that there is a god and Jesus once lived but I have no idea, so it has no place in my life.

I am Male - 17 years old (18 in 9 days)

In a nutshell... Jesus was sent to earth to save us, he walked among us and helped us as best as he could then he was persecuted and died to save us.

Female - 32

My opinion of Jesus is that he is a figure head, a representitive for those that need help. Whether or not he really exists is not for me to decide, but for each individual to ponder for themselves. He has a small place in my mind, I do not live or die by his words but I try to be open minded...every great man has or had something intelligent to say at one point; Jesus is regarded as one of if not the greatest so I try to pay attention to his messages. When all else seems to fail I consider Jesus a last effort, perhaps miracles can happen. That's just my thoughts, as I get older I try to stay more open minded; I know religion is a big part of some people's lives and I try to better understand and not judge others.

I got this quote from the bible, although I'm not dedicated to a religion I often see some good messages enstilled within their teachings.

Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, pray for them that despitefully use you.

Male - (Just about 18)

Edited by Salo35

Garrison Kiellor of "Prarie Home Companion" says Jesus was a Lutheran---so the rest of you are just out of luck.

Joseph Campbell ,on the other hand, (worlds formost author and lecturer on world mythology) (now deceased--1991 I think) says that the Christ mythology has been repeated several times over on our planet---and that the age of the corrupt older ways of worship were replaced by a cleaner and more wholesome vintage ,,,led by a savior. The Christ mythology was the one that caught on in an area of Europe that had a written language, and had historians to hide the writings from conquerors (who usually rewrote local history to include the new ruler in the mythology) , and cultural value system that included a common faith in its values.

I like Buddhisim---all strength comes from within---when you find that strength the world is at rest (or peace).

:):)

Thanks to Volt for taking time to intervene in this very important discussion. I believe this is the actual day of the service for Volt's beloved Deb so lets all be in prayer for him and his daughters.

Who is Jesus Christ?

The word Christ comes from the Greek word that means "anointed" and is comparable to the Hebrew word "Messiah". Jesus is the Christ because in Christ "all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, " and through Christ "God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things" (Colossians 1:19-20). The people of God in the Old Testament looked forward to a promised Messiah who would establish the reign of justice, love, and peace for the whole world. Jesus is that Messiah.

Acts 3:13-19 Acts 4:11-12 Acts 10: 36-43 John 1:1-5, 14-18 John 14: 8-11 Colossians 1:15-20

I hope this is helpful to the person requesting this information to the question, "Who is Jesus Christ".

Rev-Roy

:(

Jesus Christ was a very humble man, seeing as He was the Son of God!

He was born the son of a carpenter, but the Son of God!!

For 30 years, He followed that humble way!

Then John the Baptist, Baptised HIM! Why???

He was HUMAN!

All humans have Original Sin!

Jesus was Human, as intended by His Father!

His Father got so upset trying to communicate with this idiotic World, He sent Him down!

What did we do to Him??

Called Him a Terriost, and killed HIM!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::rolleyes::lol:

What did we do to Him??

Called Him a Terriost, and killed HIM!!!

Don't take the hard blame, D-Dog. :) I read he was betrayed by the merchant classes in collusion with an invader.

Called Him a Terrorist, and killed HIM!!!

He was

they executed them then ,

Much in the same way Gandhi was a (pacifist) terrorist......... Definitely was a threat to the establishment ...

Who is Jesus Christ?

The subject of a lot of debate. :eek:

He's the guy that nobody seems to realize Easter is about... a middle-eastern dude who died to save us... liked to water ski... kept parties goin by turnin water into wine... one of the reasons I'd like to learn to do carpentry work... all around great guy. :tup:

Edit: oh yea... Male. 18 years of living + 9 months of waiting. :lol:

Edited by neo x1

The question is: "Who is Jesus?" (Opinion)

I also need your gender and age.

man....over 18

for the first 8 years of my life i thought it was the first name of our dog , christ being the second and ,that bloody being the third :lol:

:)

well well jesus christ...............he is a cool hippy with long hair and a beard and wore a robe all the time one of my role models for sure someone who you can talk too when you are all alone and feeling lonely.i think jesus and mosess hung out and wanderd around the dessert and drank wine. but all else aside a cool guy for me to look up too.......... :angel: ...............................im 29/male

Edited by k1johnny