Sign in to follow this  
bacterozoid

Who Is Jesus Christ?

I'm doing this on behalf of a friend, who needs a few more answers to this question from anyone.

The question is: "Who is Jesus?" (Opinion)

I also need your gender and age.

Feel free to PM me, or post your answer here. Again, I'm not aiming to start a big discussion, all I need is answers. My friend appreciates it.

Thanks. :)

Honestly, Jesus is a historical figure featured in a book called the Bible. He is supposedly our savior. But who knows? Who can really answer this? Some say he was Jewish, some say he was a black man. All the paintings of him make him look like a grunge star.

No one really knows.

If you believe in Jesus, and have a faith, then rock on with your faith, but respect those of us who don't agree.

One thing about Jesus though, whatever I've read, it seems like Jesus is for peace. We can all use a bit more peace, eh?

Oops, forgot the age/gender thing. I'm a 9-year-old hermaphrodite.

Edited by LithiumBliss

I think that the Bible and historical works around the time of Jesus indicate he was Jewish. I think that that line of historical evidence would indicate he was not Black because of where he is believed to have been born and raised.

He was certainly influential as his life and death served to found the largest of three monotheistic religions (although it is possible that Islam may have overtaken it in size).

I also need your gender and age.

If you care to give it...otherwise I think your 'vote' is invalid.

No big deal if you don't want to. Again, thanks for the replies.

It's a poll...the teacher wants it I guess. You could lie if you wanted, I wouldn't know. Like I said though, you aren't obligated, as it's personal information.

Edited by bacterozoid

Guest fragged one

a poll for what purpose? why would you need our gender and age for the poll?

i'd imagine it's to see the diferent responses from diferent age groups, but it's your poll, not mine.

Guest fragged one

my official answer...

jesus of nazareth, son of joseph, was a great philosopher and teacher that is considered the messiah by one sect of religion, and a prophet to another. we can learn a lot from his teachings, and wouldn't even understand more, in our lifetimes. he can be referred to as a great teacher of morality.

a great man with great gifts.

just to clarify, no, i don't think he was the 'son of god' in the conventional sense.

oh, i almost forgot.... 25/M

but jesus quintana? NOBODY :filtered:s with da jesus.

Edited by fragged one

Guest fragged one

Male 31 I am jewish.. You want my opinion?

MURDERER!!!!!

just kidding. i'd be interested.

hey, a fellow wisconsinite! beautiful weather, eh? B)

Edited by fragged one

Any opinions are more than welcome. And yeah, that's probably the reason fragged.

I'm not judging anyone here, I'm just looking for what people think.

Guest fragged one

Any opinions are more than welcome. And yeah, that's probably the reason fragged.

I'm not judging anyone here, I'm just looking for what people think.

just don't forget to put in the item about jesus quintana, he's pretty important, too. :lol:

Lol, it's not my choice; I'm doing this as a favor for a friend.

I'll just send them the link to the thread or something so they can pick what they want. :P

hey, a fellow wisconsinite!  beautiful weather, eh? B)

Yes beautifull about time! GHot to take the kids to the park today! Just moved up here from indiana and dang your guy's roads are messesd up!!! I went from chicago streets(numbers) to here (letters) and where they have a bigger sign for the county not the town! :lol: LETS GO BEARS :woot:

Back to question at hand!

No Jew accepts Jesus as the Messiah. When someone makes that faith commitment, they become Christian. It is not possible for someone to be both Christian and Jewish.

Jews reject Jesus as the Messia because he didn't fulfill Jewish expectations of the Messiah.

The Hebrew Bible (called the Old Testament by the non-Jewish world) is not proof for anything in the New Testament regarding a Messiah.

The Hebrew Bible describes the Messiah as a national savior who would arrive at the time of the Babylonian exile (hundreds of years before Christianity) and restore the nation of Israel with a capital at Jerusalem.

The original "messiani aspirations of the Jewish People was to return from Exile and to restore the Davidic dynasty and the Jewish nation. While there was partial fulfillment of those hopes, given the return from Babylonia and the rebuilding of the Second Temple, new ideas were arising in that part of the world.

In fact, it's hard to "dissect" ot the incredibly varied and related philosophical, religious, theological ideas that individuals and communities began to develop from 515 BCE - roughly the time of the beginning of the Second Temple - through the year 200 CE which was the editing of the Mishna, following the destruction of the Second Teple in 70 CE and the failures of several revolts, especially that of Bar Kochba in 132 CE.

The major questions began to shift under Greek influence (Plato's idea of two entities - body and soul, material and spirit) and the Zoroastrian dualism of two competing forces, good and evil. When you complicate that mixture with the "obvious" reality of an unfa world in which the majority of people simply tried to survive, let alone hope for justice, equity and reward for their piety or their good deeds even though they witnessed many evil people "succeed" at least materially - there "had to be a better ay." Enter the notion of a world after this one, or perhaps a time period after this present, where the good would be rewarded and the bad punished.

Hmmmm. That's a problem if you are dead. Soooo, we now have new theories of eternal spiritual seves awaiting a Day of Judgement or a theory of resurrection after which God would sort out the good from the bad people.

Edited by merlin_

My view of Jesus Christ is summed up in John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father [God] but through me."

Age: When I remember how old I am, I'll let you know :mrgreen: Now where did I put my glasses?

Guest fragged one

My view of Jesus Christ is summed up in John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father [God] but through me."

Age: When I remember how old I am, I'll let you know :mrgreen: Now where did I put my glasses?

sure, but your vote doesn't count, oklahomie. :P

sure, but your vote doesn't count, oklahomie.  :P

Well, if people want to pick and choose with polls, that's their choice...hell, the government does it every day :mrgreen:

Unnecessary quote removed.

Edited by Ax Slinger

Wooh! Replies galore! Keep 'em comin. ;)

But really, thanks a bunch for both the replies, and keeping the convo' light. :) Interesting to see different opinions.