Change Mode

Results Not Available

Guest shiningmonk

Guest shiningmonk

I get the following error when I test download speeds:

RESULTS NOT AVAILABLE. Your download time was under 1 second. You should retest your bandwidth using a larger block size (i.e., higher connection speed test).

I didn't always get this error and wonder if it is due to Norton Internet Security. However, disabling it doesn't help.

I have a Broadband 512 down/256 up connection and it does seem a little slower. I have also tried the PC Pitstop autofix but that doesn't seem to help either. My HDs are regulalry defragged, there are no errors and I get no problems with any programs, just my connection speed sometimes seems a bit slow. I am, however, able to get maximum download speeds from software sites.

What does the error mean and why can't I test download speeds anymore?

Guest shiningmonk

I tried the faster speed and at least now I get a result, though it is *very* slow (248 - 350 when my download speed should be 512 and the Connected icon in the system tray says 576). My upload speed (which used to be a problem) is fine, though.

I have run the Autofix and am using the recommended buffer size. I have turned off pop-up ads filter on my browser, and I have disabled my virus and Internet Security software.