Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

The Robin Williams Peace Plan

Guest Deuces Wild

i wonder what the prevailing attitude of the US would be if steps 1 through 10 of the "Plan" were actually implemented ?

If it indeed were implemented (as you know it never will be) then we would be saying we could care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Perhaps we should take that attitude anyway because we can't seem to win, no matter what we do, with some countries.

Dear god... please let them implement it. Please... someone send a copy to George and beg him to implement it.

yawn..... snnnnoooorrrreeeee......... :snooze:

angela

The word is SENSE ;)

edit: I see blinded people :lol:  :lol:

Thanks Intratech.....I'm glad someone is worried about thu spelling... :lol:

I don't, I want a PHD :erm:

EDIT

GB  not everyone thinks that way ... please don't think that.

well if its implemented, then I fall under this catagory :rolleyes::P

5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend

classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home baby.

Edited by GBPackersFan2004

Pro- Yep, the letter does show good sense.  It's the idea of turning our concerns towards inside our borders.  Our nation needs help in many different areas (poverty, disease, disaster relief, etc) and providing help to other nations just doesn't make sense when our own people are suffering.  The motto of "Give me your poor, your tired masses" has no meaning anymore when illegal aliens are taking jobs from American citizens who should have the right to them first.  Our allies are nothing more than constant critics of our actions in the world body.  And if we are under constant scrutiny and complaint, we should pull all our troops home and let the world take care of itself....or stand back and let our so-called allies take care of the problem now.  

I can't believe that....providing aid...under the same circumstances.... is exactly what happens in the UK...As to helping other nations , that is what a caring, free and benevolent country should do...and your view on that part just sounds like Enoch Powell (British MP)

The 3rd part to your 'allies' criticising...we have been actively participating in assisting the US...

If there's a wrong in the world, we try to right it, whether ALL our allies agree with it or not.  

That's very selective and misleading

And if you have a complaint on how we're doing it, then your country should try to do it itself.

Again....who are you referring too?...I'll refer you to a point above that I've already made.

If it's another world war....(which consumes millions of lives instead of a small skirmish like Iraq was).....you want, then it'll have to be when we're long gone, because America won't stand for another escapade.

Watch this one unfold....Small skirmish?

The actions of our government doesn't mean the citizens of the said governments are in agreeance of their actions.

....and finally...... after all that rhetoric...denial and capitulation...surely we were replying directly to people who do?

Edit....My apologies for the post earlier...didn't even know it had went ...wasn't finished...this is :blushing:

Edited by Devanski

well if its implemented, then I fall under this catagory :rolleyes::P

GB,

You were born in Iowa, it would not apply to you, your an American.

angela

How did you manage that?  to me born here equals American.

angela

Under Syrian law.... because my dad was born Syrian and im his direct offspring, I carry citizenship there. I don't need a visa to go to Syria..... in fact if I were to go now, I could be taken into the Army for the mandatory training thing (forget whats its called)

I technically have 2 citizenships lol Being born here as American and being the son of my dad who is Syrian

Edited by GBPackersFan2004

Dear god... please let them implement it. Please... someone send a copy to George and beg him to implement it.

Sent

I can't believe that....providing aid...under the same circumstances.... is exactly what happens in the UK...As to helping other nations , that is what a caring, free and benevolent country should do...and your view on that part just sounds like Enoch Powell (British MP)

The 3rd part to your 'allies' criticising...we have been actively participating in assisting the US...

That's very selective and misleading

Again....who are you referring too?...I'll refer you to a point above that I've already made.

Watch this one unfold....Small skirmish?

....and finally...... after all that rhetoric...denial and capitulation...surely we were replying directly to people who do?

Edit....My apologies for the post earlier...didn't even know it had went ...wasn't finished...this is :blushing:

To make sure foreign members on this board understand......

My post was not my view towards the letter or my current view towards our allies. It is called talking in 3rd person.

Actually, call those views selective, misleading, harsh, arrogant, etc. They are views that many people in this country have. My own personal view would take too long to type out and a waste of space on this website, as many probably wouldn't take the time to read it.

As for allies being "all that"....as you might say....it is true. I've talked to many from the UK, Netherlands, Scotland, and France. And what I've put up is similar to the general opinion in those countries.

And yes, Iraq is a small 'skirmish' compared to what a full-blown war can bring about in pain, suffering, and death. Iraq is nothing compared to what we can really see.

I have to agree 100% with the sentiments behind Robin's plan. If you view are foreign policy as a pendulum that swings back and forth from interventionist and isolationist, I believe that the pendulum needs to swing toward isolationist. If we had found WMD, that would be one thing, but "Saddam was a bad guy, and the Iraqis are better off" smacks of interventionist thinking.

Directionally speaking, Robin's plan is clearly going in the right direction. I see us focusing more internally in the next four years, and focus on issues inside of our borders, and I agree 100% that we need to tighten up the borders.

Which brings me to my next subject - Computers. One area where the current organization lags the Clinton administration is in adoption of technology. Al Gore may not have invented the internet, but he was one of the most technologically savvy people in Washington. I travel a lot outside the US. But our system is so antiquated. They stamp my passport (only when I come back in), and I fill out a customs form with a ball point pen. (What do they do with that form anyhow?)

THIS SHOULD ALL BE COMPUTERIZED. Then, we would know who is coming and going from the country at all times. I do not believe this is an invasion of privacy. They already have all of the info, they just have not figured out how to computerize it yet. Think about it. If we see that a bad guy has left the country, we can just change a database flag, and he can't come back in. We could spot falsified passports immediately. On and on.

My point is that we need to use computers better to run our government. This will help in many ways, but one big way is in national security and immigration.

I have to agree 100% with the sentiments behind Robin's plan.

Directionally speaking, Robin's plan is clearly going in the right direction.

THUD.... crawl to phone....dial 911.... cant get up....

holy smokes, did I read that right? My God, its the Easter miracle! Rob! Do we agree? :blink::blink:

angela

That's okay. What is done with is done with. I like the plan weather Robin Williams pinned it or not. Too bad the writing is not "polically correct."

The American Legion reported that WWII history is being re-written. The women in the military did all the fighting with the Blacks helping them. Everyone else just wandered around out there in Europe and the Pacific Ocean and every once in a while bumped into one another. Then they fought, withdrew, and wandered around some more.

Everyone knows that it was the Korean War that the Blacks showed that they could indeed fight and fight for their country. Unfortunately, they were not given that right in WWII.

Then why don't you all just make a copy of it and send it to your reps or to GWB and have him implememt it. I think it would be best.... really.

Skeptic...You shouldn't start a 3rd party dialogue with...

And my opinion, for what it's worth.....

...people will think you are expressing YOUR opinion ;)

To make sure foreign members on this board understand......

Are we somehow incapable of understanding english?

My own personal view would take too long to type out and a waste of space on this website, as many probably wouldn't take the time to read it.

It probably would be...but a bit presumptious..is it not...try us..I'm sure we have been known to read the odd book or two :rolleyes:

I've talked to many from the UK, Netherlands, Scotland,

Scotland is in the UK ;) ..sorry that one just annoyed me, because it did ...don't know why :rolleyes:

And yes, Iraq is a small 'skirmish'

What I said was ..'watch this unfold' ...and then tell me it's a small skirmish :blink:

Skeptic...sorry about this but I just get the feeling of ....'superior intellect calling...I'll clarify all this for you 'foreigners' that find it difficult understanding a debate' ;) ...and pass it off as the voice of America :blink: ....no offence intended just MY opinion for what it's worth ;)

As far as this US citizen is concerned whoever wants to can take pops at the US. We are not above, beyond, or too sissy to handle it. I take "pops" at us and whoever else I want to all the time. Being thin skinned must be the new disease due to some sort of air polution or something. Pop away. We deserve it and so do you. ( that would be the whoever isn't US, you)