Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

The Robin Williams Peace Plan

but really, if you look into world history, every super power that has risen has fallen because other nations alwasy gang up on it, because that super power's actions were of malevolent intent. so by all logic, the entire world should of ganged up on the U.S. a few times now, but they haven't, and do you know why? because we help the world, we are out to make sure it's a better place, we are very passionate about it. we want freedom in the world, we want peace, we're not just a bunch of war mongering crazies, we want to help, and we are, and we have, and we will continue to do it, because we're good people.

as many times as i wish we would just stop helping the world, i still know that we must, it's our duty to do so, and we'll continue to do it.

Bang goes the GREAT plan then :P

What makes you think that? Got some poll or a link?

well, first of all the elected goverment there is very supportive of the U.S. for the most part, and who elected those people? well, that would be brittons, and the brittons definately elected leaders on their ideas of relations with the U.S. the United States and Great Brittain are probably the closest allies the world has ever seen, and i don't think that just happenes to be the case, it's a democracy and the people continue to re-elect pro-american leaders, for the most part. Edited by The1PatO

Guest Donna

I wonder why it is Ok to make acrack at The Uk or other Countries but we cannot make a crack about the US, Do you really think you are that much better than the rest of the world? :mrsgreen:

well, first of all the elected goverment there is very supportive of the U.S. for the most part, and who elected those people? well, that would be brittons, and the brittons definately elected leaders on their ideas of relations with the U.S. the United States and Great Brittain are probably the closest allies the world has ever seen, and i don't think that just happenes to be the case, it's a democracy and the people continue to re-elect pro-american  leaders, for the most part.

They didn't elect him because he supported the USA dude... check up on the election dates in the UK. Edited by Intratech

I know GBPF the lack of intellect shown here is shocking.... the classic, " I'm taking my ball and going home" senario.

atleast we allowed others to play with the ball. if you had your way, no one would have been allowed to play in the first place, only you, because apparently you think you're just better than everyone else. if you think you could do any better as the world super power, i'd love to see it.

yes, i do think that the u.s. was a major issue in the elections there, of course it is, being the country's closest ally.

Edited by The1PatO

Guest Deuces Wild

Not really Intratech...we are perhaps just a bit tired of all the whining and complaining about us. You certainly can understand that now can't you?

atleast we allowed others to play with the ball. if you had your way, no one would have been allowed to play in the first place, only you, because apparently you think you're just better than everyone else. if you think you could do any better as the world super power, i'd love to see it.

Nah Bro. It's my ball as because i'm always right I can do what I want. :rolleyes:

Guest Deuces Wild

I wonder why it is Ok to make acrack at The Uk or other Countries but we cannot make a crack about the US, Do you really think you are that much better than the rest of the world? :mrsgreen:

Actually it seems like everyone lately is taking a crack at the US. How does it feel to have the table turned?

Actually it seems like everyone lately is taking a crack at the US. How does it feel to have the table turned?

Because of a presidential miscall on Iraq...suddenly EVERYONE is having a pop at the US...I don't think you will find a single quote from me...since I joined...that in any way is derogatory to The US...Deuces.... ;)

Guest Deuces Wild

I agree...you have certainly been above board in all your political posts Devanski.

It is the apparent hatred of America as one pitmember has voiced, and incinuating that all of England feels the same way that is most disturbing.

I agree...you have certainly been above board in all your political posts Devanski.

It is the apparent hatred of America as one pitmember has voiced, and incinuating that all of England feels the same way that is most disturbing.

I was just pointing out, my supersensitive american friend who draws conclusions not included in a post, that not all the Brits support your war and views as another member suggested. :rolleyes:

Thank you ;) ....SO not EVERYONE then :P

I agree with #3 (except for the part about France :rolleyes: )

I agree with #4 (except for the part about 'no one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in'. An entire people should not be held responsible for the actions of a few)

I agree with #6

I agree with #7

I have no opinion regarding #9 except to say that from what I've read recently, the UN has become ineffective as a moderator between (or a representative of all) nations, and needs to re-assert itself in the world arena.

I partly agree with #10 (only to say that anyone who lives in this English-speaking nation should be required to learn to speak English, but not to say that anyone should be required to give up their heritage)

#'s 1 & 5 are just plain childish and rediculous, although (in the case of #5) it's a rare individual (but not impossibly so) who is still a student, over the age of 25.

#2 is kind of touchy. While I can see the necessity for protecting the free world from terrorists and the like, I also fear that pouring salt in an open wound by forcing our presence where our presence is resented is foolhardy, and a greater risk to our soldiers lives than is warranted)

#8 is rediculous, although there should definitely be better controls in place to see that any food that is shipped overseas goes where it's supposed to go.

My opinion for what it's worth, -kd5-

Edited by kd5

Guest Deuces Wild

Thank you ;) ....SO not EVERYONE then :P
Correct and sorry for lumping you into the fray. :)

And my opinion, for what it's worth.....

I formerly moderated a forum that had these debates going on since 2002. There will be no answer to satisfy either side in here.

As for the letter....yep. That's isolationist-style policy. We've been burned from that before, therefore we learned from our mistake.

As for the replies and the views on both sides:

Pro- Yep, the letter does show good sense. It's the idea of turning our concerns towards inside our borders. Our nation needs help in many different areas (poverty, disease, disaster relief, etc) and providing help to other nations just doesn't make sense when our own people are suffering. The motto of "Give me your poor, your tired masses" has no meaning anymore when illegal aliens are taking jobs from American citizens who should have the right to them first. Our allies are nothing more than constant critics of our actions in the world body. And if we are under constant scrutiny and complaint, we should pull all our troops home and let the world take care of itself....or stand back and let our so-called allies take care of the problem now. We've fought the good fight in several wars, now let's fortify our own borders to keep terrorism out. But remember this......those who ignore the past are bound to repeat it.

Con-The idea of turning our backs on allies is absurd. Two world wars have proven that. Do we need another Pearl Harbor to wake us up? Do we need another nightmare like Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, etc. to rally us for the better good of the world? Maybe we did make a mistake occupying Iraq.....but how many Iraqis are being tortured right now? Gassed? How do the people of Kuwait think about our invasion of Iraq? The media plays out most of the negative news, and doesn't cover squat on positive articles.....and we are hypnotized into believing what we are doing is wrong. The United States has NEVER conquered an independent nation. We do our job, and go home. It's that simple. If there's a wrong in the world, we try to right it, whether ALL our allies agree with it or not. In this age of nuclear weaponry, should we be any less vigilant, when just one nuclear bomb can destroy a major city? Or a canister of bio-weaponry could kill all citizens over a larger area? No, we shouldn't. We place our brothers and sisters' lives on the line to stop a wrong. NOT to gain territory....NOT to gain resources.....NOT to oppress a people....only to STOP A WRONG THAT IS HAPPENING. And if you have a complaint on how we're doing it, then your country should try to do it itself. This country shoves more money, more weaponry, more lives, more HEART to keep this world as stable as it can humanly be.....than any other country in the world. If it's another world war....(which consumes millions of lives instead of a small skirmish like Iraq was).....you want, then it'll have to be when we're long gone, because America won't stand for another escapade. We're here to defend what's right in the world, even though we're not perfect in doing so.

As you can see, there is no clear-cut answer to this. Both sides have a strong point in the case of America's involvement in the world. But the true b-s about all of this is people who are not American and continually dissing our country. These are the same people who didn't live when the horrors of WW1 and WW2 were happening....and didn't experience it. I think the dissing between countries needs to stop. The actions of our government doesn't mean the citizens of the said governments are in agreeance of their actions.

Guest Deuces Wild

Nice post skeptic. :)

But the true b-s about all of this is people who are not American and continually dissing our country. These are the same people who didn't live when the horrors of WW1 and WW2 were happening....and didn't experience it. I think the dissing between countries needs to stop.

Exactly. :cheers:

Im so damn sick to death of this anti-American bull that I can hardly stand it anymore. The ignorance of it all just floors me.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang:

angela

Im so damn sick to death of this anti-American bull that I can hardly stand it anymore. The ignorance of it all just floors me.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang::bang:

angela

The Anti-French bull sickens me too :bang::bang:

probably about as much as the anti French and anti Europe or any other country for that matter bothers me. The ignorance of that floors me as well.

LOL Intratech I think we posted at the same time dood :P

Edited by TracyLynn

The Anti-French bull sickens me too :bang::bang:

well Lord knows we would not want to upset you or anyone else around here, after all american bashing is a favorite pit past time.

carry on, dont let me stop you, get it outta your system...... dood. :rolleyes:

angela