Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

The Robin Williams Peace Plan

Yeah but firekracker.... I don't know if I'm crazy and seeing things...... but do you think that the people supporting this plan are actually serious? I'm asking just so I don't sound crazy :mrsgreen::rollie:

regrettably, yes...i do think that those who are indicating their support for this "Plan" are quite serious :(:mrsgreen:

you're not crazy....not even close :)

at least i don't think you are....

Anyway......I see nothing wrong with the plan.  Time for America to tend to America and let the world fend for themselves.

Our counrty has tried this approch before, it's called isolationism. When we isolate ourselves, we have no control over things that affect us. By burying our collective heads in the sand, and ignoring events around us, when we finally are forced to sit up and take notice, things will have escalated to the point where our problems today seem like childs play.

Hey..One more thing to add to that plan....Build a big dome around America, enclosing the whole country, and keep your atmospheric pollutants with you and die of respiratory illness instead of sharing it with the world. :)

Ah, correct...wasn't that right before the great depression? Wasn't the cause of course, but I think that's when it was.

Edit: isolationism, that is.

Edited by bacterozoid

Robin Williams....one of the greates thinkers of our time. :lol:

that really does sound good though, if we "interfere" to much, let's stop, then see how well the world does without us.

exactly :tup:

seriously, let's stop sending billions of dollars every year to africa, the middle east, asia, and parts of europe, apparently we're not wanted there. let's stop the billions of dollars in aids research, the billions in cancer research, the billions upon billions that we pump into other countries, just to make sure they can stay alive, so they can maybe have a higher standard of living, because apparently we're just a bunch of big "bullies" who keep pushing everybody around.

but really, if you look into world history, every super power that has risen has fallen because other nations alwasy gang up on it, because that super power's actions were of malevolent intent. so by all logic, the entire world should of ganged up on the U.S. a few times now, but they haven't, and do you know why? because we help the world, we are out to make sure it's a better place, we are very passionate about it. we want freedom in the world, we want peace, we're not just a bunch of war mongering crazies, we want to help, and we are, and we have, and we will continue to do it, because we're good people.

as many times as i wish we would just stop helping the world, i still know that we must, it's our duty to do so, and we'll continue to do it.

Edited by The1PatO

Angela, Devanski was saying 'something', but not (I believe), anything about one's political views. :mrgreen:

ok jacee, just making myself more clear, no problems here.

im calm, swear it.

angela

Lets change where we hand out our money to. AIDS, Cancer, etc research benefits us as well. If we found a cure for cancer and decided not to share it, that would truely make this country evil.

Lets change where we hand out our money to. AIDS, Cancer, etc research benefits us as well. If we found a cure for cancer and decided not to share it, that would truely make this country evil.

yeah, aids/cancer research would benefit us, sure, but we're not doing it just to benefit us, we're doing it for humanity. do you have any idea how much food we send to africa? more than europe ever has, i'll tell you that much. we send billions and billions of dollars of food there. we're not the bad guys, but we're being treated like we are, and i'm pretty sick and tired of it.

europe, if you've got a problem with the way we do things, it's put up or shut up. you try something better.

we're not the bad guys, but we're being treated like we are, and i'm pretty sick and tired of it.

europe, if you've got a problem with the way we do things, it's put up or shut up. you try something better.

:worship: amen brother republican! :)

angela

Angela, Devanski was saying 'something', but not (I believe), anything about one's political views. :mrgreen:

Thanks Jacee...It WAS a general obsevation of the pit...that I have witnessed in ( undoubtedly)...my short time here....I cannot legislate for any particular person taking direct offence to a generalisation... ;)

That said the quote also contained another example of what I also see at the pit...but that has been ignored :blink:

Angela you did not come across as snotty and no apology was necessary....no offence was taken ;)

thanks angela :D it needed to be said, because we're doing the best we can to help the world, and it's mroe than europe, or anyone else, has done. we're trying to help, trying harder than anyone before, sacrificing more than anyone before, just to try to make sure the rest of the world can maybe have the same freedom we enjoy. and don't say we're the only ones doing it only because we have the ability, i can name several european counties that have had the "ability" to help, and never have.

and i agree with what you said earlier angela, you're either with us, or you're against us, there's no inbetween.

and GB, your analogy really made no since. i personally don't like analogies in the first place, but yours was just downright terrible.

Guest Deuces Wild

Hey..One more thing to add to that plan....Build a big dome around America, enclosing the whole country, and keep your atmospheric pollutants with you and die of respiratory illness instead of sharing it with the world.

It is that kind of statement that makes the plan seem all that much better.

I am glad most of the UK does not feel the same way about us.

It is that kind of statement that makes the plan seem all that much better.  

I am glad most of the UK does not feel the same way about us.

me too.

The word is SENSE

edit: I see blinded people

i see arrogant people :blink::rolleyes:

Edited by The1PatO

Guest Deuces Wild

So the UK hates us also? Interesting to find out. Thanks for the correction Intratech. Now we know where you are coming from. :rolleyes:

So the UK hates us also? Interesting to find out. Thanks for the correction Intratech. Now we know where you are coming from. :rolleyes:

Tony B'Liar is not the UK ;)