Change Mode

Has anyone recieved an email with an *.exe file

cocacola-1[1].exe ?

I have run numerous scans which tell me that it is not a virus, but it seems very suss to me... any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated

Kylie :mrgreen:

:huh::blink:

From the email or a search?

I translated the disclaimer and a few parts of what you posted. Here's the disclaimer-

All of the material restrained in BFi has until informative elusive and educational.  The authors of BFi itself not in some responsible manner for damages perpetrated to things or persons caused from the use of code, programs, information, restrained technologies to the inside of the magazine.  BFi is free and autonomous means of expression; like we authors we are free to write BFi, you are free of to continue to read

or of to stop you here.  So, if you retain offended yourself from the subjects treated and/or from the manner in which the I am, * stop immediately the reading and erase this file from your computer *.  In continuing you, reader, you take on yourself every type of responsibility for

the use that will do some restrained information in BFi.

Looks like it just some sort of e-magazine of codes and programs. There was some stuff about playing quake and other games in it.

Was this in the email you got?

If it was me, I just delete it. It sounds sorta fishy, but it probably isn't- especially since the scans came up clean. But why risk it? If it was just a joke maybe your friend could just fill ya in on it.

I definitly wouldn't feel comfortable receiving an .exe in an email, I'd delete it.

I know exactly what you mean, you're just ichin' to know exactly what it is. But just try to remember if you did open it, and it was a nasty virus, you'd be kickin yourself.

Better safe than sorry, I guess...no matter how much it bugs ya. :mrwinky:

I know what it is. I was sent the email a couple of years ago. If you click on

the attachment, it opens up your CD-rom.....It scared the living @&*$#

outta' me. I was not happy with the person who sent it, and I had no clue at the time if it was a virus or just what it was.

It's not funny in my opinion :(

Thanks v. :) You ARE the best, one more question to satisfy my curious mind... what does it do or what is it for?

Yours in ignorance,

Kylie :mrgreen:

EDIT: AHH! I get it now... sheesh...

Ignorance is bliss... lol :blink:

Edited by Kylie_Smiley

I know what it is. I was sent the email a couple of years ago. If you click on

the attachment, it opens up your CD-rom.....It scared the living @&*$#

outta' me. I was not happy with the person who sent it, and I had no clue at the time if it was a virus or just what it was.

It's not funny in my opinion :(

I don't have a cdrom in the machine I ran that on,,but that is what its supposed to do if it hasn't been changed. there are lots of those little guys out there,,but you never know if its really safe or not.

Thats why I have a machine just for that purpose!!! :) v

Yeah, there are lots of "jokes" that people like to play. I, for one,

don't care to have them played.... using my computer.

I agree with ya Jacee,,thats why I have that test machine up and running at all times!! :P v

I can nto read the spanish but I can tell you that it looked a lot like very old telix bbs stuff from a long time ago I did see some modem string commands and what looked to like an age verification of some type.

The linux stuff not a clue but to me it looks like nothing more than some old programing for a bbs, I don't think it has a thing to do with the coke joke

It did not look dangerous, but please don't take my word for it I am just a Silly'ol Bear :P