If I ever feel the need to download a large enough file that may need a little help, or to be resumed at a later date, Fresh Download gets my vote too. -kd5-

My computer is left on. Why do I need a download manager? Can't I just leave it on and let it download. On cable 300kb down. Well most programs take secs. And a big enough one.. well its just impossible. What would I want to download that is so big that I would need a download manager. It would have to be 1GB. But even that I could just leave it to download.Oh well lol haha.

Thats the free one. It has Ads.

My computer is left on. Why do I need a download manager? Can't I just leave it on and let it download. On cable 300kb down. Well most programs take secs. And a big enough one.. well its just impossible. What would I want to download that is so big that I would need a download manager. It would have to be 1GB. But even that I could just leave it to download.Oh well lol haha.

i don't need a download manager when i have a 5mbit cable line and its always on.

lol exactly

i hear that!

Well I only have about 100K down and the site I'm downloading from is slow so I only get about 80K down. Plus I'm downloading Linux..... About 3GB.

DAP free not ONLY has ads but tons of ad-aware and spyware. Yes even the paid for version contains some.

Your full of it.....

Learn your stuff before you speak (Type):

http://www.spywareguide.com/product_search.php

Freeware, this is your last warning about posts like this.

Edited by Ax Slinger

Your full of it.....

Learn your stuff before you speak (Type):

http://www.spywareguide.com/product_search.php

There's a six-page thread about being a little more considerate of others when posting...perhaps you missed it?

From their website...looks a little intrusive to me ;)

SpeedBit may gather information, usage pattern, and registration parameters provided by you, the Product, and/or through the Service and system configuration, your IP address and other network information. SpeedBit its partners, affiliates or other third parties may use this information provided by you and/or the Product and/or through the Service, or information related to, for the purpose of providing the Services, providing targeted advertising, offerings, marketing, co-registration to other services by SpeedBit or other parties and for the development and improvement of the products and services, provided that if published, it will be done only in aggregated form which is not personally identifiable. SpeedBit may share this information with its business partners.

Please note that, in some cases, if you decide not to provide certain information or delete certain automatically filled-in information from certain Speedbit forms, you may not be able to complete the applicable process, e.g., registering for a service or installing a product.

Edited by channel 6