Change Mode

Oh well, close enough!  :P  :lol:

Just curious though, with the exception of the MS-DOS icon in the menu, how can you tell? I got the Windows XP GUI down perfect to every last detail...

Also, you have "Control Panel" and "Printers" in My Computer, where they do not appear in XP. This one is pretty situational, but the majority of WinXP computer out there have My Documents above My Computer, also, unless you have TweakXP, which you don't. (You could, of course, put them in that position, but most people get too lazy for that after a while) :lol:
Actually, you very well can have Control Panel and Printers in XP's My Computer. It all depends on how you set it. I did when I used XP. Edited by Jakeofalltrades
  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lookin' good :)

now we gotta get rid of that recycle bin by putting it in your Start run, stick IE in Quick Launch with whatever else, My Docs is optional for desktop with xp n' then get your task bar up at the top of your screen....you'd be amazed at how much easier that is on your neck :P

great rose :mrgreen:

did you by any chance check out that wallpaper link i posted earlier :huh:

if not, here it is again http://gulumsun.subnet.dk/gul/gul2.htm

Is everyone here blind or something? How the heck can you guys stand 800 x 600 resolutions? Sheesh. I've got a 17" monitor and I sit roughly 2-5 feet away depending on what all I'm doing and I see just fine at 1152 x 864. 800 x 600 is just a terrible screen resolution because you can't even see half the crap on a webpage plus everything on the desktop is massive in size.

:)

Some people have their resolution set at 1024x768, and then just resize the screenshot to 800x600 so it takes less time to load on dialup or people with 800x600 resolution can see it ok. :)

Even if you resize it to 800x600, its obvious that it wasnt at the 800x600 resolution by the sizes of items relative to each other. The truely 800x600 resolution images are very easy to tell. I can't take 800x600 at all, everything is HUGE. 1152x864 for me.

As a general rule, I change my desktop no less than every other day, although there have been times I've changed it several times in one day. It just depends on my mood, and if the current desktop starts to get on my nerves, which has happened more than once.

As a general rule, I change my desktop no less than every other day, although there have been times I've changed it several times in one day. It just depends on my mood, and if the current desktop starts to get on my nerves, which has happened more than once.

I know what you mean, I'm the same way.

Some people have their resolution set at 1024x768, and then just resize the screenshot to 800x600 so it takes less time to load on dialup or people with 800x600 resolution can see it ok. :)

Doesn't matter if they resize them. If they're on an 1024 x 768 resolution and they resize their image to 800 x 600 then everything gets resized. Those screenshots I'm talking about are 800 x 600 and you can tell when you can only fit 5 icons vertical ;)

And to those that got offended, I wasn't referring to any one person in particular, Jacee, but every 800 x 600 user even though you're not one of them.