Sign in to follow this  
houmamiss

Today's Deaths In Iraq

The UN is corrupt ,but there has been some good things to come  out of it ..Afghanistan for one .....]

Anything in this......Farther West?... :erm:

Edit:....err...probably not...arf..arf :lol:

Edited by Devanski

1 to gamble I agree 100%. This is the problem with our attack on Iraq. There is no way to win. Even if 99% of the people wanted us there they only wanted us to overthrow Saddam. That is done. Now they want their country so that it can be a theocracy. The only question is how soon will they get it and how militant will it be. We have created a country almost as rich as Saudi Arabia with risk of militant Islam equal to Iran and perhaps even the Tallibahn. They will be breeding terrorists for years.

Oh give me a break,, ever the optimist huh Cdave??

I see no major countries in the middle east in 15 years time with an islamic goverment,,they are doomed to failure by their very nature. Iraq may indeed have another dictator within a few years,,but it won't be anything close to what the Irainians brought upon themselves. folks in that neck of the woods have seen what that will get ya.

15 years is a long time in my life Volt. Otherwise that is a tempting bet. I will say that I think that there will be between 1 and 3 theocracies in the middle east in 2009.

I am an optimist. Thats why I seek SETI. But I am also a realist. This country would probably become a theocracy if it weren't for our constitutional prohibitions nipping it in the bud. Why would you think Afghanistan and Iraq won't go that way once we are kicked out?

they may go that way but they wont be able to stay that way, that governmental system doesnt work. They only have to look to Iran if they want proof

I only gave Iran 10 years because they have a police force much like saddams but it is doomed to fail

Edited by one2gamble

If you are saying that a theocracy can't last forever I agree but they can certainly last a long time. Iran is coming close to 20 years now. Certainly there are plenty of despotic regimes that have lasted longer than that. The USSR lasted about 70 I think. Same principal just different leaders.

ya but they lasted that long in a different time, they could hide things from their subjects. It is almost impossible to do that now with even a slightly modern society. This is whats causing the breakdown in Iran. The people there see what the world has and want it, unemployment is absurd and the freedoms they see around the world are slow in coming but they are growing. We will see a brutal crackdown first, then a coup.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/01/...main/index.html

What is so upsetting to me is how barbaric it was. I am fully expecting verbal attacks for saying this, but I feel we (US) are not barbaric. I mean, we don't do :censored: like that! I could go on and on, but I don't think what I have to say will make any difference, unfortunately. :mrsgreen:

As I watched the local news tonite I found out one of the people killed lived 45 minutes from me. He was a former Night Stalker with the 101st at Fort Campbell and had received a bronze star during his service. He was working for Blackhawk security company. Someone close to him had just received an email from him hours before this incident happened and he told them how much he loved his job. He has a wife and a teenage son. I think they said he was 38 years old. :(