Sign in to follow this  
houmamiss

Today's Deaths In Iraq

they should of been shot in the street in front of everyone ON CAMERA

They who??

they should of been shot in the street in front of everyone ON CAMERA

Brace yourself for a few more incidents of Westerners being killed and dragged along if that where to happen mate. ;)

Brace yourself for a few more incidents of Westerners being killed and dragged along if that where to happen mate. ;)

those type of people only understand the use force, it should be made loud and clear

I'm sorry but I'm now at the stage that #%^*! footing around aint working...it's broken we have to fix it...Remember these were 4 civilians helping the Iraqi people...Most definitely not the armed forces...When retribution comes, which it had better, innocent people may be taken out but surely people should understand the cause and effect of their actions....Anyone in that area do anything to stop the subsequent tribalism that went on after the attack, NO, guilty by association :angry:

As a footnote, I have not been overly supportive of the reasons behind this occupation but I will always support our armed forces and civilians once we are involved....I say enough, those amongst us who turn a blind eye or take a hard left stance on this are deluding themselves no-one else :shifty:

Edit...why the auto censor, I have never cussed on this forum...it was not an expletive it was a word for cat :huh:

Edited by Devanski

Devanski i'm all about getting justice for the people killed but there is a proper way to go about it. If it where to be approached in a manner indicating that the westerners where all about revenge... what do you think the will do?

one2gamble

those type of people only understand the use force, it should be made loud and clear

Yeah... like what Isreal has been doing :woot::woot:

When I mention civilians being killed during this invasion over there... little kids dying because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time the standard response I get alot of times is this is War and that sort of thing is going to happen during war. When does the line start to be drawn on the murder of civilians in general?

When I mention civilians being killed during this invasion over there... little kids dying because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time the standard response I get alot of times is this is War and that sort of thing is going to happen during war. When does the line start to be drawn on the murder of civilians in general?

when they are attacked on purpose

Nah Tracy... Iraqi civilians that where where killed can be justified by saying they where in the wrong place at the wrong time. Westerner being killed cannot be.... they just knew the risks, went to Iraq knowing that hostilities have ended and where murdered (as opposed to killed like the Iraqi civilians) because they where westerners.

Edit...why the auto censor, I have never cussed on this forum...it was not an expletive it was a word for cat :huh:

you should have used the phrase 'namby-pambying around' instead :P

There's a BIG difference between a kid getting caught in a crossfire and gunned down, and people being tortured, dismembered, and brutally slaughtered out of pure hatered, don't even try to compare the two.

you should have used the phrase 'namby-pambying around' instead :P

:P...eh, semantics :rolleyes:

Edited by Devanski

when they are attacked on purpose

So we only get irritated when civilians from other countries are murdered. The innocent civilians of Iraq are never attacked on purpose, I mean come on its their fault they live there.. they should just learn to get out of the way faster right? Those poor little kids over there. :mrsgreen: Just turn your heads to civilians dying unless they are from the appropriate country.

What happened there to those folks is completely atrocious. So the answer is go there and just bomb that region right? Wipe it out. Goodbye women and children. Sorry you got in the way.

when you say bombs are you talking about from planes if so its not going to happen the marines are gonna start rounding some men up thats what's most likely going to happen :)

Edited by t.rex1972

The terrorist don't give 2 hoots who they kill as long as somebody dies.

US forces have never set out to kill unarmed noncombatants,,have some been killed?? yes of course they have,,but not by our troops setting out on some mission to kill women and children.

Here's the issue that I see.

Yesteday's events were indeed horrific, and certainly a little bit depressing. Up to this point, all the attacks seem to have been perpetrated by a 'resistance' movement. They have been organized, and their attacks have been planned and strategically determined.

This latest event does not seem to be by the same organization, and does not seem to have been planned. In fact, these people could be normal Iraqi citizens. If that is the fact, it could be that the ordinary Iraqi's opinion of the American occupation is turning sour.

Yes, we can capture and put to justice the perpetrators, but does this signal the beginning of a new phase of our occupation in Iraq? We have not seen any Iraqi poll data in a while, but perhaps public sentiment is turning anti American? If we are fighting public opinion in addition to the terrorists, it seems like a challenge larger than our military can handle.

US forces have never set out to kill unarmed noncombatants,,have some been killed?? yes of course they have,,but not by our troops setting out on some mission to kill women and children.

Dead is dead........and as far as US troops never setting out to kill unarmed noncombatants what about the little thing that happened during the Vietnam war, My Lai?

Dead is dead........and as far as US troops never setting out to kill unarmed noncombatants what about the little thing that happened during the Vietnam war, My Lai?
Start a new thread,, diff war if I'm not mistaken.

Yesterdays incident was horrendous and I was appalled by it along with the rest of you. How many of you were just as appaled when this happened? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,85443,00.html

This area has been a hot potato since the invasion began and yesterdays atrocities were probably payback for coalition murders of local innocents. The video footage does not show one or two terrorists involved, it shows a substantial crowd of locals. Civil unrest in a country where the civillians welcome the invaders? Bit of a contradiction somewhere... :mrsgreen:

If we are fighting public opinion in addition to the terrorists, it seems like a challenge larger than our military can handle.

I think that rather depends upon who is controlling the military, Rob. There aren't enough troops there and Bush appears hamstrung by homeland criticism. I admit it doesn't look good. We could do with many thousands more troops from other coalition countries but they are not likely to send many, not with stuff like preferential contracts and the IMF scandal going down.

Edit;

Civil unrest in a country where the civillians welcome the invaders?

Sir T, the area is a hotspot, its not an Iraq-wide 'uprising' as you enjoy implying.

Edited by moon

Guest fragged one

i want a government contract...i can resell hammers to them for 80 bucks a pop. hell, i'll give them a discount to 50 bucks and make a killing.

edit: i'll even go to iraq to do it, but they would then also have to buy my nails at 3 bucks per nail.

Edited by fragged one