Change Mode

Constant Latency Problems When Tested!

Guest Drunkentig3r

Guest Drunkentig3r

:angry: Lately, I've noticed that whenever I did the Pcpitstop test, I always had a problem when it came to my ping latency, Its ALWAYS higher than it saids it should be! I tried everything I could think of, I called my ISP to confirm if it was a problem on my side of the connection or theirs, I deleted all the recent files I've downloaded, I ran a antivirus program to see if it was some virus (rare, but possible) and A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF! While its only a minor problem (yellow) it really bothers me, since only a few weeks before, everything was fine. I'm still in school, so I often play pc games like Counter-strike, and on all the servers my ping is higher than what I normally ping at my favorite servers! ARGH. CAN ANYONE JUST PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE OR FEEDBACK?!?!?!

BTW: I use Cable, and when I called my ISP, they made me run a test of wheter it was a problem with the modem or router that I use. Both never really gave me problems before, so I wonder why it started acting up now. Normally the cable is connected to the router, so I thought i'd try to connect it directly to modem, same problem with ping latency.

Guest Drunkentig3r

It usually saids I am getting around 77kbits/sec when normally I should be getting 256kbits/sec for the Bandwith up. Than when my ping latency should be around 150m, I'm getting from 182 to sometimes even the low 200's. I reside in Southern California, and I use a VERY reliable ISP Cox Communcations.

Cox

Any feedback?

Edited by Drunkentig3r

Guest Drunkentig3r

Maybe there is something wrong with the Pcpitstop test, cuz at other places where I tested my internet(ping, bandwith, etc) it said it was rockin'. and smokin.