Change Mode

Hi all. I recently ended up getting this "win32/hantaner" virus and my AVG anti-virus found it and told me to do a full scan. So I did and it found it and moved it to the virus vault. I then went to the virus vault and deleted it and thought everything was fine. However a few minutes after I was done, I was poking around on the net trying to find some info about it and my AVG scanner found it again! I've looked around on the net to try and find some info on it without much success. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it! Thankyou very much for any asisstance. :(

I did a Google on the "win32/hantaner" it would seem that your running or did run kazaa. remove it and use this registory cleaner Jv16 power tools

Then do an on line scan using Panda on line scan

Then if you really want to use kazaa I would suggest kazza lite whic h can be found here at This web site

Then run your normal virus scan getting the updates first of course :mrgreen:

Thanks for replying Bear. I actually do use Kazaa lite. I found a little more info on it. It really doesn't have anything to do with Kazaa, it's just a file that you download that has the virus inside it. It doesn't matter what file sharing program you use, it's what you download that has the virus. The problem was, it stuck itself in the system restore files and if system restore was active, AVG anti-virus couldn't detect it. I reduced the mem for sys restore to the minimum, deleted all the former restore points, turned off system restore and rescanned using avg. It didn't find anything so I think that deleting the old restore points got it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When I did the google kazaa was the first thing to come up, Guess I should have read a bit further :mrgreen:

Hope everything works out :)