Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deuces Wild

Car Bomb Blast Kills At Least 25 In Baghdad

Guest Deuces Wild

A powerful blast has ripped through a small hotel and houses in central Baghdad, killing at least 25 people and injuring 40, the US military reports.

Rescuers in the city's Karrada district fought flames as they searched the rubble of the Mount Lebanon Hotel, a five-storey building.

Iraqi officials said it appeared to have been a rocket attack but the US said the damage suggested a car bomb.

The hotel is thought to have been used mainly by Iraqis and other Arabs.

Reporting the casualty figures, US Army Col Ralph Baker said a number of foreigners were among the victims.

Unconfirmed reports spoke of a number of Egyptians killed and some US civilians injured.

The BBC's Caroline Hawley says that with security arrangements tight around Baghdad's bigger hotels, a smaller one like the Mount Lebanon would have been a soft target.

A White House spokesman said the new attack would not deter efforts towards "democracy, freedom and stability" in Iraq.

A spokesman for the Iraqi Governing Council, Hamid al-Kefai, blamed the attack on al-Qaeda and said Iraq needed international help to defeat the "enemies of humanity".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3521200.stm

This attack comes only days after the train bombing in Spain.

The World needs to unite in their efforts if terrorism is going to be defeated. If not we can expect more of these bombing and the murder of innocent victims.

The World needs to unite in their efforts if terrorism is going to be defeated. If not we can expect more of these bombing and the murder of innocent victims.

could not agree more. A royal butt whooping is in order. Pronto.

Angela :angry:

I agree also. How do we go about it. We've burned all our bridges at the UN.

DW Here's a little more info about your sig.

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." John Kerry, West Virginia, March 16, 2004

Kerry was referring to an amendment that would have given Bush his $87 billion, but paid for it by rolling back tax cuts. That amendment, which Kerry and many other Democrats supported, failed to pass. Then the senator went on to vote against the final bill.

Definitely :tup:

Guest Deuces Wild

1,000 pound car bomb. Death toll now up to 29 killed, including 2 Britons. :(

World War III.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Wow 29 dead now defines a world war?

Looks like they just won't cowar in corner from the bullies.

Guest Deuces Wild

Oh gawd, are back tonight for more? I thought you learned your lesson last night. :mrgreen::rolleyes::lol:

Guest Deuces Wild

It was a joke Tracy luv.

But you can refer to the opinion vs fact thread last night.

So what time am I picking you up on Saturday? Remember to bring your 'jammies. :rolleyes::blushing:

Back to picking fights as usual Deuces? Didn't take you long.

Do you have anything ever that is usefull to offer these forums other then assinine remarks , snide comments, digs at members.

Sorry we don't all live in your fantasy world. What I learned from you last night was I should wipe better after reading your posts.

Kiss off, have a good night.

:roller::rofl:

Edit: BTW Deuces I have nothing to say to you that cannot be said here. Refrain from the pms dear. Thanks.

Edited by TracyLynn

Guest Deuces Wild

Oh gawd, are back tonight for more? I thought you learned your lesson last night.   :mrgreen:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Back to picking fights as usual Deuces? Didn't take you long.

Do you have anything ever that is usefull to offer these forums other then assinine remarks , snide comments, digs at members.

Sorry we don't all live in your fantasy world. What I learned from you last night was I should wipe better after reading your posts.

Kiss off, have a good night.

Seems like you were the one picking/trolling for a fight Bruce. I responded by making a joke out of it.

I am tired of being blamed on being the person trolling for arguments. While I am sometimes guilty there are plenty of trolls and insults coming from the other side, you included. Do you need for me to show you those posts?

As you (or someone else) recently told me....can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Perhaps we both need to chill. OK? Otherwise get a life and kiss off.

Edit: BTW Deuces I have nothing to say to you that cannot be said here. Refrain from the pms dear. Thanks.

Fine. You want to make this public, OK.

I sent you a PM just a few minutes ago. I offered a truce with you and that we should stop it already. I said you were a nice person but we seem to clash in political threads.

I have nothing to say to you that cannot be said here. Refrain from the pms dear

OK, so that is your response. I understand. Don't say I didn't try to make things more amicable between us, and in a private way, as it belongs.

You, however, chose to turn this public.

Edited by Deuces Wild

Chill.

wow, yeah, please bruce. dw didn't go off handle like that, something like that wasn't merited.

Sarcasm goes a long way.....I see it on several levels. I also see the 'bait' being thrown out ... and then the party cries 'foul' after he has been 'touchéd', so to speak.

Yes the thread is interesting isn't it? .....let's see where it goes from here.

25 people are dead, I would rather not have a scrap at their funeral and just pay my respects.

Guest Deuces Wild

Sarcasm goes a long way.....I see it on several levels. I also see the 'bait' being thrown out ... and then the party cries 'foul' after he has been 'touchéd', so to speak.

Yes the thread is interesting isn't it? .....let's see where it goes from here.

Seems like the bait is thrown out equally by both sides Jacee. But you choose to reflect only on the bait thrown out by those with views that do not coincide with yours, as you do with many of my posts.

A moderator should keep political opinions and biases separate from the way he/she treats forums members.

I may end up getting kicked off this forum for speaking my peace. But I am a bit tired of being blamed for starting things when others are equally or more than to blame.