Sign in to follow this  
The1PatO

Our So Called Allies...

Go sign up grab a gun and go on your way.

Good point Bruce. I feel if you support invading countries of the world without declaring war, by all means, put your money where your mouth is. Sign up and get busy.

I tried after 9/11, but in 2000 I broke both hips and my right ankle in a bad car crash, my right hip is now titanium and held together with a bunch of screws, that does not help you pass your enlistment physical.

But my money would more than be where my mouth is if I could, Id leave tonight if they would take me, in a heartbeat I would die for my country.

Angela

Any thoughts of a law suit against the surgeon?

It appears as if he has left you with a screw loose :woot:

:tup: ........oh wait i cant do that volt will yak at me :rolleyes:

It appears as if he has left you with a screw loose :woot:

your too funny Sir T, good one, however I think there are more than a few loose sometimes.

(do you all know how helpful and nice Sir T really is? Its true. :tup: )

Thanks again.

Angela

Guest Deuces Wild

displayed above is breath-taking to say the least.

Pretty specific.  ;)

Regardless of what was 'displayed above', the words "typical American naivitae" seems to pertain to all Americans. :rolleyes:

Our nation's leader insisted that Osama was top priority and since he was directly linked to 9/11 I was all for finding him.

When questioned now about Osama he replies he doesn't know where he is nor does he care.

And here I thought that the liberals were claiming we already captured Osama but waiting till closer to the election to bring him out. :lol::lol:

Just like the US will plant WOMD if they are not found before the election, right?

Just like the war was all about oil, right?

:blink:

Edited by Deuces Wild

And here I thought that the liberals were claiming we already captured Osama but waiting till closer to the election to bring him out.

Now repeat after me.. "I must not generalise. I must not generalise" :P

Guest Deuces Wild

Sorry, you are right. :rolleyes: I should have said "SirT was claiming we already captured Osama but waiting till closer to the election to bring him out.instead. :lol::lol:

Now repeat after me.. "I must not generalise. I must not generalise" :P

Sir T Fireball- That's my mantra :P

LOL :woot::woot::woot: That mallet thing killed me! :woot::woot::woot:

If you want to "attack the world" bad enough then money is no object.  Look at the USA, these wars in the middle east aren't free.  America is in the red so far now I'd be surprised if they ever have real money again...but does it matter?  No!  They believed that Iraq posed a threat so they are willing to spend Billions of dollars to stop them.

Don't kid yourself, if China wanted to start something with the US, they would.

the united state's gross domestic product is 11 trillion dollars. these billions can be reclaimed in a year, if you're proposing that the u.s. doesn't have the money for the war in iraq, well then you'd be wrong. ;)

edit: i'm gonna get some sleep, we'll have plent of time for useless bickering tommorow :P:D

The United States debt is astronomical, the United States will never be out of debt. Just remember, governments don't have money it is the peoples money that they are spending.

The United States debt is astronomical, the United States will never be out of debt. Just remember, governments don't have money it is the peoples money that they are spending.

exactly the debt is to its people, its not like the US owes some other country $7 trillion but if it werent out of debt that wouldnt be good either, theres a balance between the two

exactly the debt is to its people, its not like the US owes some other country $7 trillion but if it werent out of debt that wouldnt be good either, theres a balance between the two

Really? Well damn , all this time I thought we paid back the debt with interest. I am calling George tonight and calling in the loan. I ain't gonna tolerate these deat beats who don't pay their bills. Anyone know what the interest is on 500 billion dollars? I'll start with getting the inetrest, and work on getting the principle later. :P Edited by Bruce

Really? Well damn , all this time I thought we paid back the debt with interest. I am calling George tonight and calling in the loan. I ain't gonna tolerate these deat beats who don't pay their bills. Anyone know what the interest is on 500 billion dollars? I'll start with getting the inetrest, and work on getting the principle later. :P
the majority of the debt is in fact to social security from what ive been told by variou economic profs, alot of it comes from borrowing off itself and over spending. Im not trying to say the government doesnt have fat iou's floating around because it does...but they arent exactly the same as say the variou loans imf gives out. Edited by one2gamble

One of several modern versions:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

The classic translation:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/doctors/oath_..._classical.html

The "first do no harm" principle is a valued ideal, but not directly from the oath.

Another modern version:

http://www.in-ta.net/info/aesculapius/hipoath.html

The Oath of Hippocrates is something that carries very deep meaning for me, my father administered the Oath to me...to "pass on the torch" you might say.

But the mallet site was funny! :woot:;):P

um.. ok so anyways...

What would be wrong with every country that is going to participate in the olympics help provide security for the event? This way it would be a joint effort on everyones part to help provide protection to the athletes and those attending events?

I don't think there is anything wrong with that on the face of it, but there would be organizational/logistical problems. The UN is already supposed to be set up to unify the troops under them into a cohesive force. It most often falls far below that ideal but that is the ideal. As long as somebody can coordinate the whole affair I think it would be great if all the participating nations also participated in the security. Some of them don't actually have any military though. I suppose they could use their police forces. That all gets a bit sticky though.

Who would be in charge?

Guest Deuces Wild

It looks as though NATO has been asked to help.

Greece asked NATO on Friday for help with Olympic security as authorities deployed bomb squads and dogs at railroad stations after the deadly bombings in Spain.

Greek officials previously had said that NATO allies would be on standby in case of a terrorist attack or other crises during the Aug. 13-29 Olympics.

But the formal written appeal for help apparently reflected heightened concerns and still further efforts to bolster an already unprecedented Olympic security network.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Giorgos Koumoutsakos said Greece asked the alliance for help "mainly in areas of aerial surveillance, joint monitoring of seas and protection against a chemical, biological and nuclear incident."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/12/...html?cmp=EM8705

In all these threads, there is the difference of opinion that makes the posters unique in one or more ways from each other. :) What is always hurtful however, is the reluctance of posters to accept that others may have an alternative view to their own - and to accord the respect to others, that they themselves seek for their own views. In other words - to be heard and not blown away for their views. There is no way of prettying this fact up, If you cannot have respect for the views of others - then you are - to put it simply and in terms I'm sure we all understand - being bloodyminded. That is not the same thing as being patriotic and supporting the views of someone in whom you believe. That is just not allowing yourselves to see the wood for the trees.

If I can use this quote by The1PatO

it's the United States duty as the world's strongest power to better mankind, it's a moral obligation, there's no question about that in my mind.

then that - to me - is feverish patriotism and self-preserving fatalism.(It builds the rest of the world's opinion that the US is too big for its own boots) Since when did the rest of the world appoint the US as it's guardian and saviour?

As far as the 2nd world war is concerned - for those who didn't realise or know this, America was bankrolling the UK well before it became involved in the conflict itself - that is why our war debt to the US was so large and took so long to pay back.(not even sure we have paid it all back!)

In all the words we write, and all the spleen we vent about Saddam and how we 'FREED' the people there with this latest conflict, did anyone stop to ask themselves what the people across there wanted? Maybe they did want to have what we are now offering them for the future - but then again maybe they don't. We always tend to express our thoughts about what they need in terms of our own, westernised ideology and what we have come to not only expect in our countries but, in fact now demand as our basic rights. That does not make it right.

How do you think we would all react to - let's say CHINA invading the USA and deposing of GB and then telling the rest of you how to change your life style and way of living to better suit their ideology? What's the betting there would be lots of terrorism happening then?

Part of what seems to have been lost in the whole argument about the trouble we had over here with some of the Irish groups is this simple fact: it wasn't about the fact of how many people were killed (God rest their souls) it was about the sheer terror of the general public in not knowing when or how the next action would take place. Try living in what looks like normal suburbia with your children being afraid to sleep after hearing a bomb go off in a deserted factory close by. Not because it was meant to harm anyone physically, but because it was meant to harm everyone psychologically! That is terrorism!

When all is said and done, the views expressed by each and everyone of us is our own and it's time the less immature posters on the site began to accept that others are not bashing the US because they disagree with what happened - they are simply expressing their opinion. Something we in the free world fought long and hard to be allowed to do.

Remember please, to hear an opinion does not mean you have to agree with it - but the least you can do in the name of free speech - is to consider the validity of the person saying it and accept it is their right to do so - without you feeling they are having a go at you or your views.

Stay cool Brothers and Sisters.

Beau :mrgreen:B)

you made some good points mr.beaujangles, many here will find it hard to disagree.

America was bankrolling the UK well before it became involved in the conflict itself - that is why our war debt to the US was so large and took so long to pay back.(not even sure we have paid it all back!)

Believe it or not - we have! Recently. In the last year or three, certainly during Labours' period in government. Thank you, U.S. :) :beer: Don't forget our receipt.

And I believe the last real war was in 1940.

1941, after Pearl Harbour.

Hawk :beer: