Sign in to follow this  
The1PatO

Our So Called Allies...

Our So Called Allies...

The government and people of Greece have greatly opposed anything that the United States has done for many years now, not to mention their strong opposition to the war in Iraq. Now, it's the year of their Olympic Games in Athens, and they have decided, in the wake of the attacks on Spain, to bring in U.S.-led NATO forces to protect the city for the Event.

So, you'll distance yourselves as far as you possibly can from us, up until the point where you need our help, then we're best friends again.

The same story goes for most of Europe, members of NATO will distance themselves from the U.S., and will refuse to help the U.S. in anything we do, up until the point where they need help, of course, where if we weren't to help them, most people of the world would be appalled, not likely in cases like the Olympic Games in Greece, but in cases of terror attacks, or any other type of attack constituting a strike against the aggressor who carried out the attacks.

I just wanted to get some input on this general idea. Remember, when i'm talking about European nations, i'm not including the U.K., as they are our closest and most trusted allies in the world, whom would fight and die for us, as we would for them.

So, you'll distance yourselves as far as you possibly can from us, up until the point where you need our help, then we're best friends again.

yep I agree totally. Same story for most other nations.

Angela

thanks for the input angela :D i know there are others who have something to say about this too, i'll take any challenges to my views...but i'd rather have support. start posting folks :)

thanks for the input angela :D

your welcome.

I have been sick of the US being the clean up crew for other nations for a long time now. everyone wants to scream from the rooftops about how bad the US is, how nosey, then something happens and its "why isnt the US doing something? they have no compassion!"

to me its time for the nations who do this to either hang with the big dogs themselves or get off the porch.

angela

Your basing you rational on a frivilous war that never really happend. As many have pointed out is was an armed conflict in an attempt to steal their oil. The United States never provided any justification for a war or an attack on Iraq and you should count yourselves grateful that Britain has a leader gullible enough to believe that crap about the weapons of mass destruction. For the most part the "war" in Iraq has been condemned by almost everyone internationally and support has even faded domestically. I find it puzzling to say the least that you would still mention the war even after it was exposed as a hoax.

If the United States government has such a problem with the participation, maybe they should pull their athletes. I for one think it is classy that your government will still support them even after they did not support your frivilous past time of invading countries.

I dont think the US will punish its atheletes in an attempt to win a :filtered: contest that it wins just based on its record anyway. What it is time for is for the US to not help another single nation who shunned us.

Angela

Your basing you rational on a frivilous war that never really happend. As many have pointed out is was an armed conflict in an attempt to steal their oil. The United States never provided any justification for a war or an attack on Iraq and you should count yourselves grateful that Britain has a leader gullible enough to believe that crap about the weapons of mass destruction. For the most part the "war" in Iraq has been condemned by almost everyone internationally and support has even faded domestically. I find it puzzling to say the least that you would still mention the war even after it was exposed as a hoax.

If the United States government has such a problem with the participation, maybe they should pull their athletes. I for one think it is classy that your government will still support them even after they did not support your frivilous past time of invading countries.

yes, i did refer to the war in iraq. no, i'm not basing this solely on the war in iraq, in fact this has been going on for sometime now, and i thought it should be brought to attention.

i don't believe calling the war a "hoax" was a very mature thing to do, as we still do not know whether or not saddam hussein really had weapons of mass destruction or not. all to often people over look the fact that we freed millions of people from an insane tyrant. that's one part of the world that's better off than it was before, i don't know if we'll free any other nations particularly soon, as the costs would be phenomenal.

Edited by The1PatO

Sure the United States did free the Iraqi people but at what cost? I am not to sure that it is any better now then it was before. The United States military is running the government esscentially, many people are being neglected their basic needs as well terrorist attacks have increased substantually. If the United States rational for going into Iraq was to free the people, they should have stated that before hand... but instead inyernationally this war was to disarm the Iraqi's of weapons of mass destruction that were given to the by the United States in the first place. This war has had so many objectives it is not even funny and it seems to be the war that changes everytime someone needs a new scapegoat.

i would think if something truely bad happened to us and we went to a war that was more justifiable, then they would back us up 100%. Don't get ticked off because they wont support us in Iraq...... hell even some of our general population didnt like it. Looking at history.... our allies back us up wholeheartedly when its necessary......

Key word is NATO, NATO includes 19 nations: Belgium, Canada, Czech Rep, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, UK, and US...NATO is a large collalition contributed to by each of it's members.

The Olympics are obviously a big event, known worldwide and drawing alot of attention and a possible target for terror attacks. I consider this move to properly protect these games a smart one by Greece. After all they are a contributing member of NATO, their countrymen get sent off to work other places to keep the peace why is it such a hard request when they simply ask to use this service for themselves.

I say, they contribute; why shouldn't they be able to use?

In Afghanistan there was no lack of support, it was a justified legitamate endeavour.

exactly... a representative of afghanistan killed thousands of americans in an obviously cowardly fashion...... that justified the US to strike back. I dont remember France or Germany or the others backing down from helping us then.

And cpuguru has a point. GWB liked to make it nice and clear that we were going into Iraq for the sole purpose of getting WMDs and fighting terror abroad. Not only has it been over a year and we've found squat, we've got people saying "well at least we got saddam" Thats not the point.... We went in for the wrong reason. its like pool. You call corner pocket and go to shoot the 8. It goes in side pocket. Yea you pocketed the ball, but in the wrong place. You still lose

how is it a loss to remove a dictator and his two worthless rape happy sons from power GB?

thats like saying if we catch a child molestor by sending in someone to "bait" him that the community still looses even though we took a monster off the street, cause we entrapped him into a confession or something. WHO CARES? He cant hurt anyone else.

Angela

Edited by Angela

Your basing you rational on a frivilous war that never really happend. As many have pointed out is was an armed conflict in an attempt to steal their oil.

then why the hell is my gas still so expensive...we didnt take their oil the first time, we arent taking it now. Please provide some sort of proof before you make such random assumptions.

i would think if something truely bad happened to us and we went to a war that was more justifiable, then they would back us up 100%. Don't get ticked off because they wont support us in Iraq...... hell even some of our general population didnt like it. Looking at history.... our allies back us up wholeheartedly when its necessary......

when was that again? :P

how is it a loss to remove a dictator and his two worthless rape happy sons from power GB?

thats like saying if we catch a child molestor by sending in someone to "bait" him that the community still looses even though we took a monster off the street.

Angela

well then hell why not go to other countries and fix them too? Why Iraq only? China has one of the worst human rights you can imagine. Why not go there?

Look at what happened in Madrid. Al Qaeda supposedly attacked because of Spain's support for US in Iraq. It was horrible, 300 dead, 1000 injured (rounding the numbers) These are innocent people too, not soldiers (thats not to say the soldiers are or arent innocent). We've created almost as many problems as we've solved. Yea we took out the dictator who killed his own people. Now we've got a group of rejects killing people abroad.

China has one of the worst human rights you can imagine. Why not go there?

Because China has a huge number of imports and exports to the United States, their economies are quite closely intertwined and they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

well then hell why not go to other countries and fix them too? Why Iraq only? China has one of the worst human rights you can imagine. Why not go there?

Thats it, lets duke it out at 56th & Old Cheney :roller:

In regards to your statement I could not agree more, we need to address every nation, by force if necessary, that harbors or is run by terrorists.

So there. :P

Angela

Because China has a huge number of imports and exports to the United States, their economies are quite closely intertwined and they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

I know..... just applying the other's logic to a different country. China knows how to defend itself as well. Iraq obviously could be toppled easy. So we prayed on the weak is what im going to assume...?

Look at what happened in Madrid. Al Qaeda supposedly attacked because of Spain's support for US in Iraq. It was horrible, 300 dead, 1000 injured (rounding the numbers) These are innocent people too, not soldiers (thats not to say the soldiers are or arent innocent). We've created almost as many problems as we've solved. Yea we took out the dictator who killed his own people. Now we've got a group of rejects killing people abroad.

first of all, do you know how much it would cost to have multiple wars on the scale of iraq around the world. second, there is a population of over 1 billion people in china, and it's a communist government, they could force as many as they wanted to join the military, then they would have a great advantage over us.

spain was not attacked because they supported the u.s., they were attacked because they are a western democracy, and Al Queda is at a war with the west. and now that spain has let them win, it is likely there will be even more terrorist attacks to follow.

well then hell why not go to other countries and fix them too?  Why Iraq only?  China has one of the worst human rights you can imagine.  Why not go there?

In regards to your statement I could not agree more, we need to address every nation, by force if necessary, that harbors or is run by terrorists.

Angela

Why is it the United States duty?

well then hell why not go to other countries and fix them too?  Why Iraq only?  China has one of the worst human rights you can imagine.  Why not go there?

Angela

:P:mrgreen:

Well as nice as that would be, it would seem that we wont. We are playing favorites.

As for the oil question..... hey one2gamble..... has it occured to you that if the US secretly gets their hands on oil, that they would share with us? Hell no, they'd get as much money as they can out of it... so they can keep for themselves. they are the government ya know..... they can hide/steal items if they want. Don't be so trusting as to giving the government the benefit of the doubt