Change Mode

Why Is Pc Pitstop Giving Incorrect Speeds?

:erm::erm: Righty then.......When i first started using pc-pitstop my internet connex ( which is Ntl 1mb service as in supposed to be or at one point it was 1024 + on the internet test and i was gettin 120k on my downloads )

Pc-pitstop now says that my internet connex is 834 d-load and a cruddy 174 on the up-load but im still getting 120k downloads?? does anyone know why???? :erm::erm:

Maybe there is something wrong with your connection :erm:

Its really a weird question....the test shows that your speeds have dropped....there could be millions of reasons such as line problems, modem problem, nic card problem, etc.....

what service do you have cable or dsl

Read the first message....

Righty then.......When i first started using pc-pitstop my internet connex ( which is Ntl 1mb service as in supposed to be or at one point it was 1024 + on the internet test and i was gettin 120k on my downloads )

And its on LAN....

i missed that excuse me ...there have been posts here similer to yours ..something is wrong with your isp.....speed is to great for such a drop

:P ur excused.... :P and i wunt be suprised to hear that theres summink wrong wid my isp.... what do you expect for NTL....formerly NYNEX to the americans,,,,.... :mrgreen:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :erm:

There is something wrong with NTL. We track data corruption on the full tests, and nearly all the people suffering from it are on NTL. As far as speed goes, if our numbers don't seem good for you, go here and pick your favorite test:

http://www.testmyspeed.com

:P i wunt be supized if it were ntl,,....,,....,,,...lol ive jus downed my service to the 600k service coz im not using the 1mb to its max.... :)

In the chance of making myself look stupid, I will tell you what I found to be the solution that I had to a simalar problem.

I had my video color display setting at 32-bit true color. My download speed was around 500kb. When I changed the setting to 16-bit high color, my download speed went up to 1.5-2.0 mb.

You might check your settings.

interesting ..who new this could be possible ..in the event that i may look stupid ill try this myself..while knowing when i signed on with this isp i excepted a package stating my bandwidth would very between 350 and 650 kbps..and have the option to pay more for a better package like 750 to 1.5 mbs....and if i want the best i can have 7mbs ..my dsl provider states more money more bandwidth

my friend get to know who controls your service and get your moneys worth.

Edited by duanester

interesting ..who new this could be possible ..in the event that i may look stupid ill try this myself..while knowing when i signed on with this isp i excepted a package stating my bandwidth would very between 350 and 650 kbps..and have the option to pay more for a better package like 750 to 1.5 mbs....and if i want the best i can have 7mbs ..my dsl provider states more money more bandwidth

my friend get to know who controls your service and get your moneys worth.

Yo.... if its free then im the same as you ( giving it a go ) good man... :woot:

There is something wrong with NTL. We track data corruption on the full tests, and nearly all the people suffering from it are on NTL. As far as speed goes, if our numbers don't seem good for you, go here and pick your favorite test:

:rolleyes: ok guyz... i used the link above and thats sayin i got wikkid d/loadz.... compared to this site again???? is it me or duz this need looking into on this site???? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: ok guyz... i used the link above and thats sayin i got wikkid d/loadz.... compared to this site again???? is it me or duz this need looking into on this site???? :rolleyes:
:angry: So duz any one else have this problem...???? :erm: