Sign in to follow this  
ThUnDeR

What Kind Of Person Are You?

How well do you take to being insulted? Alot of these threads nowadays have some sort of little insults being snuck in, usually one member having a problem with another. Howabout in your everyday life? how well do you react to an insult out in public? by a friend?

I don't know about anyone else... but when im insulted, it usually bugs me for a while. It boggles my mind why I would be insulted (unless i threw a blatant insult at someone first, which 99% of the time i do not) Sometimes i let little insults bug me. I have kinda a shakey self confidence, so whether it be online or out in public, it will annoy me to no end as to why i get insulted.

so im just wondering how you all take to it?

I never let small insults bother me, I just say the person that insults me isn't worth my attention. A little ":filtered: you" by me to someone like that is more than enough for me. :)

i look for their reasoning and see how i can improve...right after i'm done insulting them back :D

It depends on who's doing the insulting! :) I'm new here at the Pit, but I can assure you that I am not here to get into a fight with anyone...I think it's best to stick to the topic and not go off on a "flaming" tangent. I refuse to insult anyone because I don't care to be insulted myself! Discussion and, yes, even disagreement ARE possible without argument and insults...ya just gotta work at it! It is much easier (and quicker) to insult someone than to think through THEIR point of view and construct a reasonable reply. Who knows...you might find yourself actually (gasp!) AGREEING with them and changing your beliefs on an issue! This is an interesting forum, and I have already learned a lot in my short "stay" here. Why fight? You get enough of that in the real world-unless you're like those of us for whom the Pit is the real world :help: ! Anyway, guess all that was just to say that, nah, it doesn't bother me, but then again, it doesn't have to happen!

Hi, all!

Peace! :grouphug: :beer:

I think mostly you let it roll off your back and try not to let it bother you. You are not the only one to notice the insults and the way they are handled. I think frustration begins to breed when you can't respond in the fashion you would like to about it so it starts to boil over until it spills out into the public forum. The rules are stated pretty clearly about it but alot of it seems to be disregarded sometimes anyway. There is really no need for insults or attacking anyone on here but it seems to happen no matter what. It's just a fact of human nature that some folks are just not gonna like each other or like what the other has to say and will disagree with every single thing the other says just to be petty. Especially when one of them posts a thread they will pick it apart and contribute nothing to the thread but total chaos. Perhaps ignore is your only means of defense when this happens on here as I am well learning but one can only ignore for so long before they finally say things in the heat of the moment they probably should not.

In the real world insults are easier to deal with because you can say what you want to in response, but sometimes those insults still seem to play over in your mind even weeks later like a bad movie. I have always said words can be way more harsh than a fist in alot of instances. You may get hit a few times and then its over. you heal and move on, but harsh words can take alot longer to erase from your mind and heal from.

Thinking before you speak is something everyone should try a little more of ...myself included.

Apparently we all enjoy the Pit and would hate to see it gone because people couldn't get along. A day without the pit is like a day without sunshine LOL! Just kidding. Seriously I have learned alot more from this forum about computers and politics and religious point of views and lots of stuff that I haven't found on any other forums.

Peace all :mrgreen:

so im just wondering how you all take to it?

I just go out in the woods...and shoot something :woot:

fer dinner :lol:

This is just an observation on my part, but here ya go anyway... If you don't think rule violations are being handled, my suggestion is when you see one, don't add to the problem, report it. There are 7 Admins and 11 Moderators on the Pit Crew. That is a total of 18 people watching over this forum. And in a forum of this size, we simply can not read every single post. There are currently (as of this moment) 35620 topics, and 347293 posts, from a total of 12030 Registered Members, about 300 of which are regular members who post frequently.

We could add more Moderators, but as soon as we do that, we will see a lot of posts from people who think we have too many already. It happens every time. Then of course, there are a few people here who just don't like it when one of the forum staff moderates things. They call us names, accuse of us picking on them, claim it's personal against them, and countless other things. I can't even begin to tell you how rediculous that is, and it is simply not the case.

No matter who you are, if you break the rules, and we see it or are told about it, we will do whatever needs to be done about it. It's not personal, it's not political, and it's not because we hate anyone. We try very hard to be fair to everyone. But we can't read every post and we can't expect anyone else to either. So if you think something is a rule violation, please tell us. We will do what we can.

How well do you take to being insulted?

You can throw them at me all day long.

Just don't throw them at anyone else and let me see it,,that sets me off.

Volt and Ax, you guys do a fine job. I'm sure it's not always easy and takes some effort to do right. Thanks and keep it up.

So if you think something is a rule violation, please tell us. We will do what we can.

So what happens when moderators break the rules. Who do you report them to? The Admins?

No matter who you are, if you break the rules, and we see it or are told about it, we will do whatever needs to be done about it. It's not personal, it's not political, and it's not because we hate anyone. We try very hard to be fair to everyone.

Yeah...even I get in trouble...for spamming and the like. ;)

But as for insults...people insult and make fun of me all the time. If it's my friends and they are kidding, then it's no problem, I just kid back.

If it's someone I don't know or don't get along with as well as I would like, I just ignore it and let them have their fun...insulting or commenting back goes nowhere...people can have their satisfaction in insulting others if they need it that bad.

Disclaimer:

This is not permission to insult me.

So what happens when moderators break the rules. Who do you report them to? The Admins?

Feel free to contact Dave, he owns the joint. I'm sure he would love to hear from you.

Dave...

Makes me think of Wendy's

Makes me think of commercials

The pit should have commercials from dave!

Or not...

The weird thing is... you'll NEVER see a mod or an admin breaking the rules around here. It has happened but look how rare it is. Imagine if all of us could only be that good and well mannered.

Feel free to contact Dave, he owns the joint. I'm sure he would love to hear from you.

Thanks so much Hammer you are always so HELPFUL ¬_¬

I never get insulted...cause...i'm perfect...even my speling... :P

:lol: I'll keep that in mind!! :mrgreen: v

I was just about to post a link regarding the original topic here and guess what.......... it's gone. :blink:

TracyLynn, if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin breaking the rules then say so to one of the others, we are not a clique.

look at the dave from the pit .and look at dave from wendys the dave from wendys looks like the pillsberry dough boy, and dave from here is well dave. :P

TracyLynn, if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin breaking the rules then say so to one of the others, we are not a clique.

:) Will do

I'm 50% realist, and 50% optimist. The realist in me says that whenever I'm being insulted, I must first consider the source, then consider the fact that the person doing the insulting may, in all likelyhood, be doing so to bolster their frail ego.

Of course, this thought process only lasts about 6 seconds. Any further investement of my time to analyze that person would be an exersise in futility.

Edited by irishfanatic