File Transfers

kee03

i'm on msn. i'm trying to figure out how to send large files. i've tried zipping and it doesn't get them small enough i guess. there is a limit on the size. i'd like to know how to send a file (like a video or song) to a friend on email. :blink:

I sent a 45mb file through MSN Messenger, it took awhile, but it was successful. Both parties were on broadband too.

400mb+??? Bet you waited for quite awhile... -kd5-

I sent a 45mb file through MSN Messenger, it took awhile, but it was successful. Both parties were on broadband too.

400mb+??? Bet you waited for quite awhile... -kd5-

oh yeah :mrsgreen:

was on 1.5/256 cable too so it really sucked to be capped so low.

If you want to transfer files with unlimited file size restrictions, use Aol Instant Messenger. Yahoo only allows like 2/3 megabyte files where msn allows slightly higher but not too much. AIM is unlimited. Either use that or ftp.

Me too :) However, you can't send large files via email. You don't have that choice ESPECIALLY with free hosts. You can send maybe 5 mb files and that is probably pushing it.

If you want to send larger files, you'll have to find alternative measures like the ones already listed above.

Most free email limits to less than 1mb attchments, ISP email may have a higher limit but it will be very likely 3 to 5 mb unless it has a file upload storage provided which you can give some else access. My ISP provides 750mbs of that type of storage :mrwinky: It takes along time to upload it and a some time to download ;)

Archived