Can An Idiot Like Me Use Redhat-linux?

Jander

Okay, I'm not an idiot...just a person who has grown too comfortable with drag-and-drop, etc. So, I guess what I mean to say is, can I install it easily, go in and just get back to life (except a lot more stable) on the pc? Or do I have to learn/re-learn commands ( :yikes: ) and other such things?

What I did was buy a few books, and read up first, so I wouldn't jump in totally blank. Example- you could buy Red Hat Linux 7.3 Bible for $34.99 from Amazon and it comes with the cds to install it. There's alot of info out there, just keep in mind it's not hard, just different. Anyone can learn it, if they're willing to give it a fair try.

As for programs, you'll find tons of them come with a linux distro.

Plus, there's alot of point and click anymore. It doesn't hurt to know a few commands, but you don't half to be some programmer and have encyclopedic knowledge of codes and commands to run linux like some people think.

Just do a little research, and see if it interests you to give it a try. :)

you could buy Red Hat Linux 7.3 Bible for $34.99 from Amazon and it comes with the cds to install it.

or if you got the cds already and just want a red hat bible you could download one from here for free. it's the red hat linux 7.2 bible but i don't think a lot is different between 7.2 and 7.3 as i've used the 7.2 bible to figure stuff out on 7.3. :)

The Red Hat Linux 7.2 Bible

just right click on the link and choose the save target as option (or something like that) in the context menu.