Change Mode

Panda Anti Virus Test

hi,

does any one use the panda antivirus as i have just run a home test using it. (although i have antivirus already running of my own realtime already)

having never used it before i just wondered if anyone knew what the results (messages 5) mean.

i know it found no viruses, :) and would have been shocked if it had, but what does the messages 5 mean.

i did try to find out on the sight but could not find any info or links

System Files Messages

Scanned Yes 102309 5

Infected - 0 0

Suspicious- 0 0

Disinfected- 0 0

many thanks for help ;);)

kimberley

thanks Inprofile,

i don't think so, it was set one in a grid and in the messages box it said 5, any other ideas!! :rolleyes:

kimberley

System Files Messages

Scanned Yes 102309 5

Infected - 0 0

Suspicious - 0 0

Disinfected - 0 0

Edited by kimberley27

"If this is the first time you scan your PC, you'll have to download the ActiveX controls (1.5 MB) which can take about 5 minutes with a 56 KB modem" - 5 minutes my butt!!

Didn't scan the drives as it would take far too long, just My Documents. The 5 is probably the number of scan options you selected before you scanned.

My result:

System Files Messages

Scanned Yes 319 0

Infected - 0 0

Suspicious - 0 0

Disinfected - 0 0

hi

i sent an email to panda and if i ever receive any thing back i will let you know.

i have a feeling that it might have something to do with the options i selected at the beginning. having no idea where to read the messages i will have to wait for their reply.

i will let you know thanks for help :beer: :beer:

kimberley :rolleyes:

Edited by kimberley27

Kimberley, could the number 5 be referring to your emails/messages that were scanned?

thanks jsue, i had the same thought but went to my emails and ie, i have none, as i don't use it, and in my using email client, have dozens. sorted in files. so i guess thats out too.

many thanks for the thought anyway

to inprofile, i use housecall as i have pc-cillin installed as my av and fw. but never used the other one

thanks again

kimberley :beer: :beer: to you both