Good For President Bush!

Angela

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope all of them register to vote :mrgreen:

oh I am sure they do vote. The bottom line here is that someone had to step in and do something to protect us from becoming far too liberal. Marriage is a sacred institution in the eyes of the state and the eyes of God.

This constitutional amendment is a good thing for our country, and for our kids.

Now if we can just work on Roe v. Wade.

Angela

Writting discrimination into the Constitution of The United States of America is a deplorable act. Very sad day for the civil rights of American citizens.

It is simply put nothing more then discrimination and a violation of civil rights against a segment of our society.

Let me ask you Angela,what does it really matter??

if 2 people love one another why not??

whats the diffrence,there isnt one,big deal....

well let me answer you...

IN MY OPINION:

I find marriage to be the ultimate commitment between two people, and if you stop there, there is no problem, EXCEPT I dont, choose not to, stop there. I want my marriage to be recognized in a church, in front of my family, my friends, and most of all God. That said I wont be marrying any girls in my church as it is considered a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. :nono:

Answer your question?

Angela

TracyLynn,

I don't think there is much to really fear as I seriously doubt that it will ever make it into the constitution. I also agree Bush is basically forfieting the election with such ignorance.

This is no better then women not having the right to vote, people of color being denied the right to marry, people of color being denied the vote. Segregation..........It is just the latest form of bigotry by the ignorant, scared little minded people.

I am not sure states or the federal govt. can determine nor should determine what is sacred. Sacred by definition is a determination of a religious belief which I think the US Constitution proscribes. As for what is sacred in God's or Gods' eyes i think it would depend upon your religious beliefs and interpretations. While I appreciate that George wants only evangelical conservative Christian beliefs in the US he has no more right to impose them than Osama Bin Laden or the Talibahn did/does to impose them upon others.

Even if I believed that this was a terrible thing that most be opposed I would never support tinkering with the constitution over it.

I thought having children out of wedlock, and premarital sex were "sins in the eyes of God" . As long as we are amending the constitution lets proscribe those and divorce as well. Isn't immodest dress in the bible and work on the sabbath lets get rid of that too. I think we should restore slavery it was in the Bible.

Why not just outlaw the entire concept of civil marriages? What we are saying that there can be only one type of marriage, a religious one. But why stop there? Bush is a Christian. Let's just say that only Christians can marry, and maybe if they are lucky, we'll let the Jews marry too. But outside of that, no one else can marry. Because we base our law in our country on the Christian Bible.

We might as well clean up this entire mess created by the Founding Fathers about separation of church and state as well. After all, if they had not made that silly tenant for our country, we wouldn't be in this mess.

It is just the latest form of bigotry by the ignorant, scared little minded people.

Bruce I am not a bigot, ignorant or little minded. I believe what I believe and I have that right, as do you.

I think your comparing apples and oranges as well. Hardly the same thing.

CD,

yes, all of those are sins, and I commit plenty of them, I have no problem with homosexual or bisexual relationships at all. What I have a problem with is recognizing them as a legal marriage. That is sacred. And rest assured if I had it to do all over again, I would change many things about my past. I would have been married when I both lost my virginity and had my child. And I recon I will deal with my God regarding my many sins.

Angela

I think as long as we're going through the process of amending the constitution, let's do a really good one. My "Defense of Heterosexual Marriage As Defined by Almighty God" amendment would state:

* Marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman.

* Any couple having sex before marrage will be married by force.

* Divorce is illegal, and all married couples must live together.

* Procreation is the reason for marriage, so all couples must have children.

* Adultery is punishable by the death penalty.

It's a package, folks. Take it or leave it. You can't split it up unless you want to be called a hypocrite.

I'm sorry but I have a problem with gays in general. No I'm not homophobic, and I do have gay friends in my life. I have a problem with gay stereotypes portrayed on television and then the people in real life who believe this is how they should act since they are gay. If you are a gay woman that means you find the female body beautiful, which it is. Then why would you make yourself to look as much like a man as possible then. It all makes no sense. Enough about that however.

Mr President made a very well informed and a very positive decision. My children will not be growing up around families who values include thinking that having two mothers is good for a young child...or two men thinking that one of them can play "mommy". This is all about the values I want instilled upon my children, and not about the lifestyles of the gay. There is nothing wrong with being gay in my mind, but you do not deserve to start or even raise a family. It is unhealthy for any child growing up in that kind of environment and the child will grow up with distorted values. I'm not even a religious person either. I don't believe in God as others might. God is a term I use when I talk about the universe, nature, physics, math, etc and how all of this together plays into giving life.

You liberals are only opposed to Bush's decision because you always want to create change or make your decisions based on "shock factor" alone. Like Ms. Jackson exposing her breast on national television, liberals are exposing their proverbial breast everytime they decide to make a decision.

I think as long as we're going through the process of amending the constitution, let's do a really good one. My "Defense of Heterosexual Marriage As Defined by Almighty God" amendment would state:

* Marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman.

* Any couple having sex before marrage will be married by force.

* Divorce is illegal, and all married couples must live together.

* Procreation is the reason for marriage, so all couples must have children.

* Adultery is punishable by the death penalty.

It's a package, folks. Take it or leave it. You can't split it up unless you want to be called a hypocrite.

Can you define 'man' & 'woman' while yer at it. ;)

I don't think this is a bush thing,,even mr kerry dosn't support gay "marriage" he supports "civil unions" as do I and I would think a majority of americans. so lets not read too much politics into the subject.

yeah someone who trusts her  

What does trust have to do with the President's choice to outlaw Gay marriages? And Bruce, you think he is forfeiting the election? Why won't you run for president then, that way you can inject you superior ideals into the courtrooms and schools thoughout the nation.

Edit: Either way, there will always be "civil unions" and there is never going to be a goverment in place to stop that from happening. When these people start trying to raise children and push their lifestyle onto others is where I draw the line. So what if you are gay and living with your partner? Why must everyone feel as if they have to make national headlines from it. I guess they are pushing for equal rights, but they do not deserve equal rights. They start a huge fight over letting gays get into a private organization like the Boy Scouts. Why? Because it's there. Just like why people climb a mountain...because it's there. If there isn't a gay boy in the boy scouts let's cry foul. Well guess what. I want access to a gay club and not be harrassed because I'm in one. I am going to go out this weekend and go to every Gay club in Richmond, then announce proudly that I am not gay. Let's see how equal I get treated. Sorry I'm just in rant mode now.

You liberals are only opposed to Bush's decision because you always want to create change or make your decisions based on "shock factor" alone. Like Ms. Jackson exposing her breast on national television, liberals are exposing their proverbial breast everytime they decide to make a decision.

I've voted Conservative ever since I was 18. I also think Bush is wrong on this. :tdn:

Archived