Sign in to follow this  
phillyphilzphilz

X - Dreamer Case

i was concerned because my board is a server board and it is larger than normal 1 cpu motherboards, thanks for the help!

Edited by phillyphilzphilz

Well, I just bought this one at Fry's. I paid a little more, but I would have had to wait 2 weeks for it since I don't deal in Credit Cards over the net.

Looks real nice, but won't really know until tomorrow when I put it together.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....y=BROWSE&depa=0

Edited by dickster

i have a fry's over here too ( san diego, ca ) but they're selling the black x-dreamer #1 for 79.99, i was about to get that until i saw this one online. Looks like a good case, the psu may be a little weak, but i think i'll be fine :lol:

Keeping it. My other case is running without a side since I screwed up and broke the clear side panel!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait that long for a Newegg case.

it's the silve one. i'm really concerned about fedex throwing around my case and denting, scratching and breaking the case. I'm about a few hours away from them ( i'm in san diego, california )

anyone think my package will be in great shape? so worried :(

you have room to spare, the case is close to 17" x 17" so you have lots of room

I have the exact case that dickster apparently just got. :) Paid ~$80 for it also. :)

:: I thought the one's with the 6 blue LEDs on the front looked funny.

Works great IMO... I like the temp display on the front... I have the probe monitoring my CPU temps. :)

You gonna try cutting into this one too, dickster? :erm:

:worship: : all4sma :

I bought this case for my son this past Christmas, and as soon as I started building it up I wished that I hadn't. Although I've built a few rigs, I'm definately not a pro. However, after having my head in this case a few times, I can say with absolute certainty that you can do much better if you can spend a few extra bucks. If it sounds like I'm warning you off of this case, it's because I am.

Alternative for that "few extra bucks"

Or, just a "couple extra bucks" .......This is actually the case I have right now, and have used to build two other rigs. Granted, no extra cool gamer lights, but that is an easily solved problem..............Led sticks/fans etc.

In my case, too late. Just bought it yesterday, and have it open and waiting on parts. As soon as I get a cup or two of coffee in me, I start switching over parts.

Think I'm going to use my Antec 350W PSU instead of the one supplied!!

Case is up and running. Everything was an easy fit, even switching PSU. Only problem is I haven't figured out the wiring to get my front temp panel lit up. Could use a wiring diagram, but the documentation for the case isn't!! None there or on their website. :angry:

dickster....i don't know if you checked , but HERE is the website for the X-dreamer cases. click on "faqs" at the top of the page, then scroll to the bottom of the page. its not real clear but thats how they explain the wiring for that case (no diagrams). my son has the X-super alien and it was a #%^*! to figure out the wiring. :(

phillyphilzphilz, can't take any pics right now. Digital camera batteries are dead. But will charge up in morning. I don,t know how the Tubrolink PSU is. I had the Antec in the case I replaced, and trust that PSU, so just switched them out. When I get the side panel fixed on that case, I'll try the PSU.

JackeL, thanks for the link. Going there now. I know it's something simple I've missed, but damned if I can figure out what!! :huh:

Dang, if I were that close, I wouuld have run up there and bought it on the spot!! :lol:

Probably be there tomorrow Relax, bud!!

muuuuuuust haveeeeee caseeeeeeee!!!

how's the case dickster? I want mine to come in MINT CONDITION!!! :woot:

[edit] I will be very very mad if the case comes broken, or dented, etc. ERRR! Hope fedex doesn't play football with my package, or soccer.... :lol: