Sign in to follow this  
AdamMAXIS

Would Anyone Happen To Be A Lawyer?

Wow.. how old are you? Judging by your grammar and spelling skills I'd say you were a 14 year old :P

BTW, this is no NORMAL female here.... She has a disease, a very unhealthy obsession with Alan... Infatuation if you will... She's liked him since the day she saw him.. I wouldn't doubt that she has made plans to kill alan's gf :blink:

I'm just trying to protect him... if only you people knew the whole story.. don't jump to conclusions.. especially you invision!! You can't solve all your problems by beating someone until they bleed ;)

listen,people cant help who they like.

if this girl like your friend than so be it,she will learn and accept he doesnt feel the same way about her,either way you shouldnt make fun of this girl,its mean and lowers her self-esteem.

now you may not care about it but i have seen people with my own eyes want to kill themselves because they dont feel excepted in life,thier school life is horrible and thier home life is unnoticed.

its people that make fun of others and taunt them make them who they are,suck it up adam,be the girls friend you never you may think is ok after all.

all she wants is a friend,she isnt asking for much

Personally speaking, I would have thought this post would have been more a worthy example :erm:

ok Sir T thats enought out of you :P stop trying to get me in trouble,remember the UK isnt too far from me :mrgreen:

nope i see your point 100%but to pick on a girl because she has a crush is just mean,poor girl just wants a friend and you have people like adam making fun of her,so in my mind and world it was justified.

TBH I can see both sides here as I'm neutral, in answer to your ? I believe it is illegal and immoral, the laws have already been mentioned :- Libel and Defaming (Defamation)

But I do think your heart is in the right place, IF she has some sort of "fatal attraction" scenario going on then she needs help and your friend may well need protection if it's anywhere near what it is in the film, BUT, doing this will only make her worse in a way, IMHO you should seek professional help, my understanding is that most colleges etc over there have some sort of councilors in them ? if so go talk to them, try and keep a diary of what/when she does things (don't make stuff up though, it will only hurt your side) and witnesses if possible, sooner or later those with the expertise will start to see what your saying isn't a jealousy thing if it is the way your describing it and hopefully start to help and offer advice, the only thing you've managed to do so far with your actions is look no better than how your describing her actions, which is NOT helping your friend, sorry but thats the way I see it, I know waiting for "experts" to help can often seem a helpless task, but it's the only legal task, all you can do is document everything and hope it gives them what they need at some point to take the necessary steps, good luck.

Adam, I'm sorry your post for an answer has brought out the worst in people and that you are being flamed for it. Some people just feel that it's necessary to point out always how much higher they sit on the pedestal called life. You aren't a Saint, but all you did was ask a question and a lot of the responses were unnecessary and geared only in other's proclaiming how much better a person they are to you. It continues that way throughout life Adam no matter how old you get, so you might consider how you word a question in the future so you can weed out those who only have something to prove from those who don't mind in helping out somebody with a question. WIth that said, here's my thoughts on the situation.

Any statement that is made about someone that is not true is considered defamation of character. If you can argue that what you said is indeed true, then defamation has not occurred. For instance If I started a website that was solely focussed on OJ Simpson being a cold hearted murdered, I could, because he was found guilty already in Civil Court.

No slander has been done in your case, as slander is written defamation to ones character. Anything that is untrue and said about a person that is written, printed, or otherwise presented in any other visual form is called libel. If any of the statements you made about the girl are untrue, then you can be found guilty of libel in a court of law. If the statements you make are true and can be backed up, then you are doing nothing wrong at all.

I hope that answers your question, and you may have been better off PM'ing someone instead of using the open forum as the means to finding out what you wanted to know.

Edit: Now if you mention your school in any way, or possibly even just make a passing reference to it, then the school may ask you to cease your activities and take the site down. If you refuse then they have every right they want to not let you back into school or to punish you. This holds especially true if you go to private school, as since a private school is indeed a private organization, they have the right to refuse access to anyone they deem unacceptable.

Edited by james.halsey

Like somebody said he was looking for a justification. Not going to get it from everybody here.

he asked if he could get in legal trouble...not sure how that is justification. Everyone else here made it into a moral battle, who cares the girl should get over it. Life will be much worse to her if she allows things of that nature to affect her in anyway

It isn't libel since the name of the girl was never mentioned. She only assumed it was her.. I can't be held responsible for her assumptions.

"Mere offensive content, such as profane language or ideas, is not obscene under the Supreme Court Standard"

It didn't have any coarse language in it, or anything related to her.

Ok.. in order to form a libel lawsuit, they need to establish four elements. These elements are Publication, Identification, Harm and Fault. Each of these four elements must be proven. For example, even if a story you have written meets the publication, harm and fault elements, a libel claim will still fail if you have not identified the claimant. I never identified anyone in that xanga and it wasn't harmful. I never harmed anyone and the things I said were not offensive and they were fictional. A parody.

This is the supreme court case of Tinker vs. Desmoines during the Vietnam War and protesting it in school by wearing arm bands. Tinker won the case and the SC clearly said student's constitutional rights do not change when they enter a public school. Damn, I loved U.S History :mrgreen:

Like somebody said he was looking for a justification.  Not going to get it from everybody here.

he asked if he could get in legal trouble...not sure how that is justification. Everyone else here made it into a moral battle, who cares the girl should get over it. Life will be much worse to her if she allows things of that nature to affect her in anyway
Very true. Didn't know you couldn't help a friend see the light when they are doing something wrong. My mistake.

who cares the girl should get over it.  Life will be much worse to her if she allows things of that nature to affect her in anyway

That's what's wrong with the world today: WHO CARES.

Like somebody said he was looking for a justification.  Not going to get it from everybody here.

Very true. Didn't know you couldn't help a friend see the light when they are doing something wrong. My mistake.

That's what's wrong with the world today: WHO CARES.

whats wrong with the world today is that people take small issues such as this and make a big deal out of them

This is the supreme court case of Tinker vs. Desmoines during the Vietnam War and protesting it in school by wearing arm bands. Tinker won the case and the SC clearly said student's constitutional rights do not change when they enter a public school. Damn, I loved U.S History :mrgreen:

if I recall...it depended on if they were protesting in general or to cause a disturbance, the latter being illegal.

Sometimes small issues can explode into bigger ones if they get out of hand though can't they? We tend to not think of other ppl. and their feelings much too often. IMO.

Not worth arguing over. :)

and this all started because some girl happens to like adam's friend, to me i would tell my friend to deal with it on his own. its not hard to do, i sure wouldn't babysit over my friend if they got someone that likes them, but my firend doesn't like this person. but thats my oppinion i wouldn't go to extremes though. :)

Please refer to my other posts to see this girl's unhealthy obsession Alan.

I will not go near this girl and I will certainly not talk to her. Thanks for all the 'moral' advice, but no thanks :mrgreen:

If you have any more of these 'moral' posts.. you can stick em where the sun don't shine! :lol:

Religion is, indeed, the self-consciousness and self-esteem of man who has either not yet won through to himself, or has already lost himself again... Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d'honneur, it enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification. It is the fantastic realization of the human essence since the human essence has not acquired any true reality. The struggle against religion is, therefore, indirectly the struggle against that world whose spiritual aroma is religion... Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. -Marx

Edited by AdamMAXIS

well if she has this obsession then ignore her. if you can't make any headway talking to her, she will just keep doing what she is doing because she knows she is getting some attention over it, does that sound logical to you? :huh:

edit: well i ain't gonna waste my time over this

Edited by mohawkwarrior

Well Adam, of it is evident to you that the stories you made up are about her and it is evident to her that the same is true then everyone else will be able to see it as well. It is one thing to dislike someone and completely another to hate. What you have shown is your ability to go out of your way to hurt someone; vengence, anger and hate. Everyone feels these emotion at one point or another however how you express them is a real testiment to your character, it takes alot of character and class to flat out tell someone your opinion of them in a civil manner. However you chose to hurt a person to express your thoughts of them and although is may be legal it certainly is not right or proper in today's society and you should heed the advice from the school and be the better man.