Sign in to follow this  
AdamMAXIS

Would Anyone Happen To Be A Lawyer?

My view is that it is a parody and as such it is not illegal or slanderous.

If you take off the references to school then the school cant touch you.

What you do in your private time in you home is your business and the school can not interfere with that.

Take care, Keith

Lat time I checked the inetrnet was not a "private" place. It is a "publicly" accessable web site. That is not privacy. Posting it here just made it accessable to another 20,000 or so people.

Pretending to be someone else with the sole intention of causing public ridicule, or to harm that persons characture is in fact a crime and is punishable, both criminally and through civil suits.

Not to mention it is childish, stupid, and a hateful thing to do.

I can't say I would have much respect for someone who would stoop so low to be mean to another person.

I'd have a lawyer knockin on your door tommorrow if I were her parents.

it has nothing to do with public or private and has everything to do with the truth, you can say anything you want about someone as long as it is in fact the truth. When you lie and make things up is when you can be held legally acountable.

Read my post properly please Bruce.

I never at any stage said the internet was a "private place"

What I said was What you do in your private time in you home is your business and the school can not interfere with that.

and as I also said it is my view is that it is a parody and as such it is not illegal or slanderous.

Take care, Keith

I can't say I would have much respect for someone who would stoop so low to be mean to another person.

Grow up and act like a young adult not a 5 year old in kindergarten!

To quote myself.

Grow up and act like a young adult not a 5 year old in kindergarten!

To quote myself.

was someone picked on in school?

5 year old kindergarteners have nothing to do with this Bruce. You were a teenager at some time right Bruce? I'm sure you did more radical things in your day :rolleyes:

You can put anything like that on a site. They have no proof that it was you who did it, and even if they do its none of their business. Though it does seem cruel that you are defaming this girl, it still seems irritating that schools are now trying to control what someone does on the net on their own free time (Other than very bad things, you know what I mean). Remove any reference to the school , and make multiple sites so that if they shut one down the others stay up.

I may sound like a jerk suggesting these things but schools should know they already have enough control over their students. They cant take our after school freedom away.

Edit:Just to be on the safe side try and do all that from another IP address, maybe a library.

Edited by DarkWave

5 year old kindergarteners have nothing to do with this Bruce. You were a teenager at some time right Bruce? I'm sure you did more radical things in your day :rolleyes:

Never pretended to be someone else, just to hurt that person.

Especially a girl.

Personally we used to kick the snot out of inconsiderate little jerks who liked to hurt girls when I was a kid.

Wow Bruce.. that must've really offended you..?

If she weren't a backstabbing conniving person, I'm sure she would be well-liked.. but she is known for this kinda stuff..

Do unto others as you would have them do to you is what I say.

She probably isn't a very nice person Adam, but, why stoop to her level by doing something which is probably equally if not more mean... :huh:

I guess walking away and not associating with her is not an option?

It always offends me when someone tries to hurt a young girl.

I happen to think anyone young man who would go out of his way to hurt a young girl is deserving of a slap upside the head.

You'll grow up some day. Hopefully. :mrsgreen:

I guess walking away and not associating with her is not an option?

It always offends me when someone tries to hurt a young girl.

I happen to think anyone young man who would go out of his way to hurt a young girl is deserving of a slap upside the head.

You'll grow up some day. Hopefully. :mrsgreen:

:rolleyes:

1. She is older than me.. a year older than me

2. It was childish, and I doubt it hurt her in anyway.

3. Haven't you ever seen SNL or Mad TV? :blink:

Hey Bruce chill a bit OK

Twice now you have issued some not so nice "threats" aimed at Adam.

"kick the snot out of inconsiderate little jerks" & "is deserving of a slap upside the head"

This is not nice my friend.

I didn't threaten anyone.

I stated what we did with such punks when I was a kid.

Unless adam was alive and in my neighorhood 25 years ago then he is safe picking on the little girls.

Bruce is chilled (I'd say... knowing him as I do)

It's just how he is and he's stating his opinion - as we are entitled to do, aren't we? :) What with Freedom of speech 'n all that ;)

EDIT: Butts back out >>> (so to speak) :blank::P

Edited by Kylie_Smiley

You are quite right Kylie.

My apologies Bruce, I guess I perceived your comments as something other than what they were.

Maybe I should take one of my own chill pills? :P

Sounds good to me Kylie :mrgreen:

I have been on call for the last 36 hours, I am finally now going to bed to get some well earned sleep :snooze: .

Take care all, Keith

Edited by Keith W

I should take my own advice (entering this thread) :rollie:

Don't get involved with someone else's problems....especially at the age you are.

Things always have a way of turning around at the highschool level... and who knows??....You might be the one they lay the 'blame' on.

Ok.. There is this girl at my school who tried to break up my best friends by making my best friend alan look like he cheated on his gf.. so I made a fake weblog to make fun of that girl.. Here is the site: http://xanga.com/ct918sucks

This girl has no solid proof that I made the site though..

She does now.......better keep looking for lawyers if your going to persue this.