Change Mode

Router Help Befsr41 .............

Guest Ni2

Ok basically I need to know how to setup up my router so I can host games (UT2003) I think the ports I need to forward?? Are : 7777-7787.I've been tryin for a while and i still cant figure it out someone's gotta know how.Thx

Guest RCawdor

:erm: Hi, I had the same router as you now have and was unable to maintain clients connected while hosting games. It was very strange, they would connect and then anywhere from 5 to 40 seconds they would disconnect as if they were leaving on their own. I had the router setup wide open or "DMZ" on the host computer and this was happening. I connected the computer directly to the cable modem and hosting was fine. After searching through various forums (I can't remember where I read it) I found that the Linksys router I had (and you have) would not host many games due to the ROM code and handling of NAT internally. So I continued reading and found a list of routers that are great for gaming. I purchased a D Link 704 router and have been using it ever since. It works flawlessly with all games on my host computer.

To answer your question, you can use Port Forwarding or DMZ the host computer and that is supposed to work for hosting games. I would suggest you download and install the latest FIRMWARE update from Linksys and then setup the router for hosting. If you get disconnects or cannot keep people on your game then think about getting a different router.

Hope this helps!

Ok basically I need to know how to setup up my router so I can host games (UT2003) I think the ports I need to forward?? Are : 7777-7787.I've been tryin for a while and i still cant figure it out someone's gotta know how.Thx

You can either do what RCawdor said about enabling the DMZ or if you just want to open up specific ports you have to do that through the Port Forwarding option in the Advanced section of the router config.

That will allow you to enter the ports you want opened and direct them to a specific IP address.

ok dokie this is what you do:

go the this address: http://192.168.1.1

username : admin

Password: admin

when logged in go to advaned tab then go to forwarding...

type in ur ports u want to forward like for example 3333~3333 and for protocal put UDP. and at the end you will need to know ur router IP.... you can find out at the site or you can find out by going on AIM and send a IM to yourself and when typing in the message right click go to insert then go to IP address.... u will see 192.168.1.100 + meaning 100 and more so it can be 100, 101 , 102 , 103.... ect after that fill in the last catagory with the end IP number and apply settings and ENJOY :)

Here is a Picture just for you:

- Dr^nOPosted Image

Edited by Dr^nO