Adaware ? Any Help Please

kimberley27

hi,

i just wondered if any one knows why this piece of spyware (red sherriff) keeps finding its way onto my pc, even though i have adaware spybot and spy blaster running, (all updated). ;)

adaware finds it about 2 in every 3 times scans i do. i visit many sights and have no idea as to were it comes from.

also on other quicky if i may, when running adaware, it jumps during the scan from about 4000, there abouts to 19000, then continues to the end. any ideas on that one.

thanks for any help

kimberley :woot::lol: :beer:

hi,

i just wondered if any one knows why this piece of spyware (red sherriff) keeps finding its way onto my pc, even though i have adaware spybot and spy blaster running, (all updated). ;)

adaware finds it about 2 in every 3 times scans i do. i visit many sights and have no idea as to were it comes from.

also on other quicky if i may, when running adaware, it jumps during the scan from about 4000, there abouts to 19000, then continues to the end. any ideas on that one.

thanks for any help

All of them jump. Not sure why, but mine does that also. Get a firewall. PM me about that, I can hook you up with a reg. key.

thanks for any help

Might be an idea to add Spyware Guard as well. ;)

I run AdAware a lot but have never seen it jump. It goes along normal.

Hawk :beer:

thanks bingbong55,

. Get a firewall. PM me about that, I can hook you up with a reg. key.

thanks all the same but i have a firewall trendmicro(pccillin) already!! it comes as part of my antivirus software.

:beer: :beer:

just a quick question your user name do you watch tiny planets!!! my newphews fav program.

kimberley

thanks bingbong55,

. Get a firewall. PM me about that, I can hook you up with a reg. key.

thanks all the same but i have a firewall trendmicro(pccillin) already!! it comes as part of my antivirus software.

:beer: :beer:

just a quick question your user name do you watch tiny planets!!! my newphews fav program.

kimberley

Oh alright, good luck...

Naw, to be honest, I maybe watch 1 hour of T.V. a day, and thats before going to bed. I'm usually on this puter :rollie:

hi,

i just wondered if any one knows why this piece of spyware   (red sherriff) keeps finding its way onto my pc, even though i have adaware spybot and spy blaster running, (all updated). ;)

adaware finds it about 2 in every 3 times scans i do. i visit  many sights and have no idea as to were it  comes from.

thanks for any help

kimberley :woot:  :lol:  :beer:

All of them jump. Not sure why, but mine does that also. Get a firewall. PM me about that, I can hook you up with a reg. key.
Oh for crying out loud.....BingBong offering to give out or 'hook' someone up with a reg key is not what we do in this forum. Please read the rules and follow them.

This is a help forum isn't it? I was just trying to help her out.

thanks for the help bingbong!!!

by the way, tiny planets is a educational cartoon which characters called bing and bong!! which are fluffy things!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

kimberley

This is a help forum isn't it? I was just trying to help her out.

thanks for the help bingbong!!!

by the way, tiny planets is a educational cartoon which characters called bing and bong!! which fluffy things!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

kimberley

Lmao, never knew that...

Good luck on your PC ;)

thanks triplea,

quicky question, i know i should know this but what and who exactly is the  anti-spy-ware brigade :blushing:

kimberley

Hi Kim,

PM Ax or Dave and they'll give you all the details.

The SpywareGuard Link Is working for me.

Poxy NTL Proxies I'll Bet.... :erm::angry::lol:

You may have spyware on your computer that won't let you get to that site....possibly blocking you.

Download HijackThis....put it in it's own folder or your documents (not in a temporary folder)...unzip and run the scan. Copy and paste the log back in the HijackThis Log forum (just above this one).

HijackThis

:beer: hi please :help:

just tried to use this link

but keep getting connection refused!!! i get to the page using the link, but when i try to down load the spy ware, the full version, i get this message.

any ideas

kimberley

That looks like the right link but I'll post it again:

http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareguard.html

got it thanks to all using the BTN MIRROR, download. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

downloaded

installed

updated,

what next, i have three green ticks

realtime

download

browser hijack

do i just close it now and leave it, awaiting the next update, as with spy blaster???

kimberley :beer:

got it thanks to all using the BTN MIRROR, download. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

downloaded

installed

updated,

what next, i have three green ticks

realtime

download

browser hijack

do i just close it now and leave it, awaiting the next update, as with spy blaster???

kimberley :beer:

Those ticks mean that those item are enabled. If you got all the updates, it should just sit in you task tray. Every now & then R/cl & click on "Live update". Most times it is hidden in tray & you have to click on arrow to see it.

Archived