Exporting America....

Angela

Saw a brief glimpse of this on TV this morning, Lou Dobbs was talking about it on GMA. It makes me sick how many of these companies I give money to, in some cases, lots of money. Im going to try to avoid spending another penny on any of their products, hope I have that kind of personal strength.

The bold companies are companies I use regularly, I must confess the urge to go through my house with a large roll off trash bin. But I cannot afford to replace it all. I encourage everyone to boycott the following companies:

3Com

3M

A

Accenture

Adaptec

Adobe Systems

Advanced Energy Industries

Aetna

A.G. Edwards

Agere Systems

Agilent Tech.

AIG

Alamo Rent A Car

Albertson's

Alliance Semiconductor

Allstate

Alpha Thought Global

Amazon.com

AMD

American Express

American Management Systems

American Standard

Amphenol Corp.

Analog Devices

Andrew Corp.

AOL

Applied Materials

A.T. Cross Company

AT&T

AT&T Wireless

A.T. Kearney

Avanade

Avery Dennison

B

Bank of America

Bank of New York

Bank One

BearingPoint

Bear Stearns

Bechtel

BellSouth

Best Buy

Black & Decker

BMC Software

Boeing

Brocade

Bumble Bee

C

Cadence Design Systems

Capital One

Carrier

Cendant

Cerner Corporation

Charles Schwab

ChevronTexaco

CIBER

Ciena

Cigna

Circuit City, Inc.

Cisco Systems

Citigroup

Coca-Cola (shame. guess I just switched to diet pepsi)

Comcast Holdings

Computer Associates

Computer Sciences Corporation

Continental Airlines

Convergys

Cooper Tire & Rubber

Cooper Tools

Countrywide Financial

COVAD Comm.

CSX

Cummins

D

Dell Computer

Delta Air Lines

Direct TV

Discover

Document Sciences Corp.

Dow Chemical

DuPont

E

Earthlink

Eastman Kodak

Eaton Corporation

EDS

Electroglas

Electronics for Imaging

Eli Lilly

EMC

Emerson Electric

En Pointe Technologies

Equifax

Ernst & Young

Evolving Systems

Expedia

ExxonMobil

F

Fair Isaac

Fedders Corporation

Fidelity Investments

Financial Techologies International

First American Title Ins.

First Data

Fluor

Ford Motor (NOT surprised)

Franklin Mint

G

Gateway

GE Capital

General Electric

GlobespanVirata

Goldman Sachs

Goodrich

Google (Noooooooooooooooooooo :bawling:)

Greenpoint Mortgage

Guardian Life Insurance

H

The Hartford Financial Services Group

HealthAxis

Hewitt Associates

Hewlett-Packard (great, just gave them the motherload of cash)

The Holmes Group

HSN

Humana

I

IBM

IndyMac Bancorp

Infogain

Innodata Isogen

Intel

Intl. Paper

Intuit

ITT Educational Services

J

Jabil Circuit

Jacobs Engineering

Jacuzzi

JDS Uniphase

Johnson Controls

Johnson & Johnson

JPMorgan Chase

Juniper Networks

K

KANA Software

Kaiser Permanente

Keane

KeyCorp

KLA-Tencor

Kwikset

L

Lawson Software

Lehman Brothers

Levi Strauss

Lexmark International

Lifescan

Lillian Vernon

Linksys

Lionbridge Technologies

LiveBridge

Lockheed Martin

Lowe's

Lucent

M

Maritz

Marshall Fields (I feel faint)

Mattel

Maytag

McDATA Corporation

Medtronic

Mellon Bank

Merrill Corporation

Merrill Lynch

Metasolv

MetLife

Microsoft

Monsanto

Morgan Stanley

Motorola

N

Nabco

National City Corporation

National Life

National Semiconductor

NCR Corporation

neoIT

NETGEAR

Network Associates

Newell Rubbermaid

New York Life Insurance Co.

Northwest Airlines

O

Office Depot

Ohio Art

ON Semiconductor

Oracle

OshKosh B'Gosh

Otis Elevator Co.

Owens Corning

P

palmOne

Parker-Hannifin

Parsons E&C

Pearson Digital Learning

Pericom Semiconductor

Perot Systems

Pfizer

Pitney Bowes

Planar Systems

Portal Software

Pratt & Whitney

Primus Telecom

Procter & Gamble

ProQuest

Providian Financial

Prudential Insurance

Q

Qwest Comm.

R

Rainbow Technologies

Radio Shack

Raytheon Aircraft

RCG Information Technology

Regence Group

Rogers

Rohm & Haas

RR Donnelley & Sons

Russell Corporation

S

SAIC

Sanmina-SCI

SBC Comm.

SEI Investments

Siebel Systems

Sikorsky

SMC Networks

Solectron

Sovereign Bancorp

Sprint

Sprint PCS

Starkist Seafood

State Farm Insurance

State Street

StorageTek

SunTrust Banks

Supra Telecom

SurePrep

The Sutherland Group

Sykes Enterprises

Synygy

T

Target

Tecumseh

Telcordia

TeleTech

Tellabs

Texas Inst.

Thrivent Financial for Lutherans

Time Warner

Toys "R" Us

Triquint Semiconductor

Tropical Sportswear

TRW Automotive

Tyco Electronics

Tyco Intl.

U

Union Pacific Railroad

Unisys

United Online

United Tech.

V

VA Software

Veritas

Verizon

VF Corporation

W

Wachovia Bank

Washington Group Intl.

Washington Mutual

WellChoice

Werner Co.

West Corporation

Weyerhaeuser

Whirlpool

Wolverine World Wide

Wyeth

Y

Yahoo!

I did not see a few of the the first time I looked, it is the worst idea to take American jobs and give them to other countries cause their people work cheaper. Totally :filtered: me off.

Angela

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angela the President and his administration says this is good for us. :yikes:

My white :censored: some yahoo in his admin said that, not George. Prove me wrong if ya can Bruce.

No one knocked the fight out of me Sir T. I just did not think I should be telling you how to feel, Im rather sick of people trying to tell me.

Angela :)

please don't try to by pass the language filter :mrgreen:

My white a$$, some yahoo in his admin said that, not George. Prove me wrong if ya can Bruce.

No one knocked the fight out of me Sir T. I just did not think I should be telling you how to feel, Im rather sick of people trying to tell me.

Angela :)

You go girl :rolleyes::snooze: , fight the power.

I worked for Levi Strauss for many years as did my friends and family members because it was one of the largest employers in our small town. Before we were leaving on christmas vacation in 97 they informed us there may be a huge cut back with some plants closing. We still didnt believe it could be us but early 98 it was indeed our plant too. They even said we would get a year's salary in 2002 if they met sales goals they had established, but of course those so called sales goals were never reached. It devastated so many people that had worked there most of their lives. It was hard to swallow that our jobs were being given to Mexican workers because they would do the job for far less money, free lunch and a dr on the premises to take care of them and their families medical needs in lieu of insurance.

Since 9/11 I have went thru three more job closures quite similar. Out of desperation I took the job I have now which I am over qualified for and drastically under paid. I am making about the same wage as I did when I was a teenager fresh out of high school. I am not sure what the answer to all this is going to be but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere because too many of us are struggling to make a living or even get a job for that matter. I am having a hard time finding a job in my own field because so many over qualified folks are working in those positions because they in turn can't find employment in their own field. It's a vicious cycle and I don't pretend to know the answer to this dilemma but pretty soon there will be very few things actually "american made"

Ol Lou said this morning the reason is that an American worker, granted in upper management, is gonna cost about $100,000.00 +/- a year. If they take it to some other country, well then they can pay 10 workers for that.

American companies that rob Americans of jobs should be boycotted. Pure and simple. I just need to figure out how to do it, and survive.

Angela

I worked for Levi Strauss for many years as did my friends and family members because it was one of the largest employers in our small town. Before we were leaving on christmas vacation in 97 they informed us there may be a huge cut back with some plants closing. We still didnt believe it could be us but early 98 it was indeed our plant too. They even said we would get a year's salary in 2002 if they met sales goals they had established, but of course those so called sales goals were never reached. It devastated so many people that had worked there most of their lives. It was hard to swallow that our jobs were being given to Mexican workers because they would do the job for far less money, free lunch and a dr on the premises to take care of them and their families medical needs in lieu of insurance.

Since 9/11 I have went thru three more job closures quite similar. Out of desperation I took the job I have now which I am over qualified for and drastically under paid. I am making about the same wage as I did when I was a teenager fresh out of high school. I am not sure what the answer to all this is going to be but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere because too many of us are struggling to make a living or even get a job for that matter. I am having a hard time finding a job in my own field because so many over qualified folks are working in those positions because they in turn can't find employment in their own field. It's a vicious cycle and I don't pretend to know the answer to this dilemma but pretty soon there will be very few things actually "american made"

two options: become protectionist and force companies to produce things in the United States or wait till the jobs come back to the US (though there is no telling when this will happen). With freemarkets companies are able to look for the cheapest labor they can find, its the nature of all business. To get jobs to stay here you must essentially become as profitable as the lower paid employee which would mean more output in most cases.

In order to comply, everybody needs to log off the forum right now and shut down their PC.

Starving is an equal opportunity activity, it does not care what country you are from or are in, if somebody ANYWHERE can get a job and eat, good for them. I know somebody here in the US who complains how poor she is. She just bought a new car and her kids go to better schools than most. She is unemployed. In many places she would be selling the kids for bread, literally. I beieve in my country, I am as patriotic as they come. I fly the flag, I would fight for this country any time. But this country was not built on whining, and I can't tolerate it. Face it, if we are losing jobs and or business to other countries it is because our WORKFORCE and the BUSINESSES are failing, not the government but the PEOPLE. You don't get special rules to prop you up if you are failing in a pro football game, you simply lose. Proping up businesses by creating false economies ultimately FAILS ALAWAYS. The only solution is to get better at what we do....better faster stronger, cheaper, etc. Otherwise, we will simply lose to those who can do it better. That's just life, we used to get that in America and we rose to the challenges and BEAT the competition fair and square, but not any more, we just whine now.

Actually, that's not true, the more business we export, the more jobs we import; here's a few forign companies that manufacture in large quanities in the U.S.

Toyota

Honda

Mercedes-Benz

VW

Sony

Canon

Nikon

Nintendo

... and the list goes on.

Actually, that's not true, the more business we export, the more jobs we import; here's a few forign companies that manufacture in large quanities in the U.S.

Toyota

Honda

Mercedes-Benz

VW

Sony

Canon

Nikon

Nintendo

thats because they have found a way to remain profitable, im not sure abou tthe german car companies but I know toyota and honda are not union, there pay and benefits packages are lower then those of domestics and basically on par with japanese workers.

ah ok so it was OUR fault Levis went to Mexico. Damn us all for whining how dare we! Some folks were at that place 30+ years, how dare they speak up when they lose the only local jobs to be had here.

How dare I whine that I make 7 bucks an hour now when I once made 14. I drive a 14 year old car and raise a kid alone with no child support but damn me for speaking up about the economy and lack of jobs. I guess I need to sit on my :censored: and draw welfare.

Toyota

Honda

Mercedes-Benz

VW

Sony

Canon

Nikon

Nintendo

thats because they have found a way to remain profitable, im not sure abou tthe german car companies but I know toyota and honda are not union, there pay and benefits packages are lower then those of domestics and basically on par with japanese workers.
Yep, there's NO WAY Joe Blow American is going to work for the amount many companies can afford to pay.

And it's no like those companies ONLY operate overseas, tens of thousands are employed here in the U.S.

Angela,

It was his "economic report" and the comment were made by many in his administration. These people work for him, they represent him, and seeing as he hired them for this purpose, then when they prepare a report and he endorses it, then it becomes "his".

Bush economic report praises 'outsourcing' jobs

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

By Warren Vieth and Edwin Chen, Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON -- The movement of U.S. factory jobs and white-collar work to other countries is part of a positive transformation that will enrich the U.S. economy over time, even if it causes short-term pain and dislocation, the Bush administration said yesterday.

The embrace of foreign "outsourcing," an accelerating trend that has contributed to U.S. job losses in recent years and become an issue in the 2004 elections, is contained in the president's annual report to Congress on the health of the U.S. economy.

"Outsourcing is just a new way of doing international trade," said N. Gregory Mankiw, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisors, which prepared the report. "More things are tradable than were tradable in the past. And that's a good thing."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04041/271362.stm

GO Tracy Lynn! Cause that is your choices, speak up for your rights, or sit at home on welfare and keep banging out them babies.

no union is bad, real bad for the workers. I am gonna go out of my way to add the companies on the list to the French Ccompanies already being boycotted at my house.

Angela

Toyota

Honda

Mercedes-Benz

VW

Sony

Canon

Nikon

Nintendo

Yep, there's NO WAY Joe Blow American is going to work for the amount many companies can afford to pay.

And it's no like those companies ONLY operate overseas, tens of thousands are employed here in the U.S.

what the hell are you talking about

its not about how much a company can afford to pay its how little they can get away with. For some things its cheaper to produce here for others its not

Archived