Change Mode

Upload Uncapper

Guest Jay

I have been experimenting with different settings on my modem and think I found a way to uncap the upload limit. The only problem is that I tried to further tweak things and screwed things up. I can't remember what particular tweak I used to get this done either. (yes - I know im an idiot). I was hoping somebody at PC pitstop can help me because I ran a full system scan during the time I had the better configuration working. Hope you can help!!! Other things of note is that i have my windows xp system restore is off and I don't have a saved registry setting before feb 26. Date I'm looking for is Feb 23.

Jay

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...CBXWW0PE60STHXB

check the history section and you can see when things were good.

ooops .... Stop trying to uncap the upload...99% of the time the cap is placed on the server side so unless you can hack into your cable company servers you wont be able to uncap the restriction.

By the way, I hardly see any difference between the test you posted now and your previous ones...they all look good. Enable system restore or take not of the registry tweaks you make next time....its impossible to say what you did because there are many internet reg tweaks out there...

I dont think that the receive window effects uploads. Does it? Anyway, I was wondering what settings in the registry do effect the way the cable modem handles uploads? I see a lot of download speed tweaks but none for uploads.

Jay

i dont think you can increase your uploads that "might" be controlled by your ISP. you would have to call them and see if you can get on another package deal so your uploads can be increased. most of the tweaks a came across where mostly for downloads unless someone else can shed some light on this. :)

Many cable modems have a button/link in their web-based admin screens that let you reset the modem to defaults. Search around for it.

Uncapping your upload is against the terms of service for every cable ISP I know. Who is your ISP? AT&T's policy is to cut you off immediately, no warning, when they find you've uncapped the modem.

I use Rogers Cable out of Toronto, Canada. I was wondering what xp software settings control upload flow. Perhaps I can return to my previous performance by tweaking those. I'm now consistently testing at 187kbs a far cry from where I was.

just a suggestion, switch from rogers, to cogeco, the reason if you goto dslreports.com and find rogers in there forum. you will see that rogers capped there uploads which you wont be able to do nothing about. unless your dish out more money for premieum service. :)