Change Mode

Bt Broadband

Guest nrg19uk

Guest nrg19uk

i have had bt broadband for 4 months it has dc me more time than a dial up! i phoned them up they sent engineers out done line test after line test! now there saying it my computer is not giving out enougth power to my usb bt voyager modem so i need to buy a powered usb hub!! but im only running the modem on usb! wat going on wat hsall i do??

can you run your modem with a network card? An internal card would be much more stable. In my experience USB sometimes picks computers it does not want to play nice with. Sometimes it works...sometimes not.

I've been using BT Broad band for a year now with a USB modem. If you connect your USB modem directly into a USB port and use the other for your hub, you won't have any problem. I have a powered hub and would not connect my modem to it, they need a lot of power and it has to be constant, the slightest fluctuation will knock it off..trusting a £75 modem to a £10 USB hub is not good 'puting!...BTW, BT Broadband is certainly not rubbish, it is the most consistant broadband connection in the UK, I have been connected for the last three months without disconnecting and my up and download speeds have never been better.! ;)

Guest Recall

So all you guys got bt broadband? Well I have got it too and have had no problems at all except with this sites speed test!! I average about 480-490 on downloads everywhere else but when i do the test here i get a really crappy result!! Any tips guys? Have you had this problem also? Bt reckoned my connection was so good that it was almost as if i was connected internally on their network!! So what gives with the test on this site? My ping times are fine when i test them here but not download/upload?

Guest kapper

hey dude i have been with bt broadband for 18 months and there have only been two times i could not connect and that was a fault at bts end wich i found out with the free phone line status check so i did not have to tamper with my pc . all in all i am pleased with the bt service (but would like the 1meg service by blue yonder) maybe bt will do that soon i have an alcatel modem and a mouse plugged into my usb ports and i have no problems hope this has been of some help to you