Jv16 Power Tools

Carlton

To my disappointment, My old (and free) version of JV16 Power Tools no longer launches.

There is a message something like " your using an old version, go to their the web site for an updated version" . Of course the new version is no longer free. This was a great program for cleaning temp files at boot time and was also the easiest Reg Tool I've used.

Does anyone know of a good replacement? Or how to get this old version working again. The old version isn't very old, but is the last of the free ones.

Everone better save it on the system or back it up on a disk..>>>THIS IS FUNNY BUT TRUE last week i got the very same version and being away over the weekend i try to open Jv16 1.3.195 and it told me i was using a lod version>>>I had to uninstall and reinstall it again but after that untill now i dont have any problem with it :)

I think what's causing it to happen is either intentionally or unintentionally hitting the web update button. Once you hit it, you're stuck with that message until you uninstall and re-install.

Hate to tell you all, but that 1.3 version will end up not working after a while too. You need to get even an older build than that. Search on here, someone posted a link to version 1.1 or something.

You can still d/l ToniArts EasyCleaner for free, but be careful with it if you are a registry newbie.

I dont have to worry because i do have two other older version>>But the trick of it all I think you have to try what THE BEAR say to do by blocking it to call home with your firewall. i havent had any problem from I did that :P

Actually, I got that message box without ever trying to update at all. I would run my different anti-nasty and cleanup progs before I'd log on to the Net, and one day jv16 just bit the dust.

I hardly ever run Windows any more, but the next time I do I'll try to upload an older version for people who may want it.

i have been using that version since jan. 2nd with no problems. :blink:

i do have an older version on a cd, but i would not know how to "upload" it for others to download! ....is there a way i could do that??

Archived