Change Mode

Weapons Of Mass Destruction

ikebut

Guest Deuces Wild

talkin about those who want to sugar coat the whole situation in Iraq with the whole lame excuse bout goin to war over wmds and blah blah blah yet they find nothing. Or how the iraqis love us so much thats why we still have troops dying. Just because one town celebrates the us and george bush, doesnt mean the entire country does.

Rather than offering just opinion, how about some facts to back up your allegations? :blink:

Contrary to what you say, Iraqi's want us to stay, atleast for a bit:

A growing number of Iraqis think occupying U.S. troops should stay in Iraq until the security situation improves, research published this month has shown.

In a survey carried out by the respected Psychological Research Centre of Baghdad University, 71.5 percent of Iraqis think the U.S. occupation is necessary at least for a while, compared to 42 percent in a survey by the centre in June.

"This shows an acceptance of the foreign presence as a temporary solution because of the fear, confusion and absence of law and order following the collapse of the old regime," the report said.

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003/kn.../20_troops.html

Citing facts vs opinion is not sugar coating things gbpf. If you want to appear credible in a discussion, offer facts to back up your claims. A couple of others here can learn that same lesson. ;)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think he just used wmd for a reason to go in there someone had to go in there and get that fool out of there sooner or later. he has caused kaos to his people and other people for to many years.....!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuke:

Rather than offering just opinion, how about some facts to back up your allegations? :blink:

A growing number of Iraqis think occupying U.S. troops should stay in Iraq until the security situation improves, research published this month has shown.

In a survey carried out by the respected Psychological Research Centre of Baghdad University, 71.5 percent of Iraqis think the U.S. occupation is necessary at least for a while, compared to 42 percent in a survey by the centre in June.

"This shows an acceptance of the foreign presence as a temporary solution because of the fear, confusion and absence of law and order following the collapse of the old regime," the report said.

Citing facts vs opinion is not sugar coating things gbpf. If you want to appear credible in a discussion, offer facts to back up your claims. A couple of others here can learn that same lesson. ;)

I cant get anything from any site. All i know is there is a bunch of little free roaming extremists that are going around and killing our boys. This morning 8 died in a helicopter crash and they are suspecting enemy fire.....

How could there be enemy fire after the "war" has been over?

And quoting a biased site doesnt make your story any more credible.... c'mon, Iraqfoundation? What happened to MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or hell i hate saying it, FOX?

here you want no name news? try this, its probably more credible

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2003/12/276837.shtml

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/...55E1702,00.html (they fear iraq will be divided)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/06/...reut/index.html

btw what the hell is up with this?

In an interview with CNN Turk television on Monday, said that his country had proposed a U.N. Security Council resolution to remove all weapons of mass destruction from the Middle East, but said the United States blocked the measure.

"The important thing is that all initiatives are taken on a general scope. I mean it should also encompass Israel. Because when we talk of weapons of mass destruction we should think of WMDs owned by Israel. Because in our region, Israel is the only country that possesses WMDs. So when we talk about getting rid of WMDs we must start with Israel," Assad said.

In an interview with CNN Turk television on Monday, said that his country had proposed a U.N. Security Council resolution to remove all weapons of mass destruction from the Middle East, but said the United States blocked the measure.

"The important thing is that all initiatives are taken on a general scope. I mean it should also encompass Israel. Because when we talk of weapons of mass destruction we should think of WMDs owned by Israel. Because in our region, Israel is the only country that possesses WMDs. So when we talk about getting rid of WMDs we must start with Israel," Assad said.

Its called a trump card. :mrgreen: v

Its called a trump card. :mrgreen: v
:blink::huh:

what u mean? Im not thinking straight this morning :rollie:

Guest Deuces Wild

I cant get anything from any site. All i know is there is a bunch of little free roaming extremists that are going around and killing our boys. This morning 8 died in a helicopter crash and they are suspecting enemy fire.....

How could there be enemy fire after the "war" has been over?

And quoting a biased site doesnt make your story any more credible.... c'mon, Iraqfoundation? What happened to MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or hell i hate saying it, FOX?

here you want no name news? try this, its probably more credible

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2003/12/276837.shtml

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/common/...55E1702,00.html (they fear iraq will be divided)

A site run by Iraqi people running a story from Reuters saying that they are happy is biased??? :blink::woot:

And who said the war was over? Please provide a link to that new information.

From one of your links:

A number of Shiite religious leaders pressed the U.S.-led occupation forces to withdraw now that ousted president Saddam Hussein has been captured, warning of armed resistance if they fail to do so.

That proves that most Iraqis want the US out? Really?

And that link you provide about Syria wanting the US out of Iraq....wow, who would have ever thought Syria feels that way. :woot::blink:

And you talk about biased news. :mrsgreen:

Just watch CNN or read the New York Times and you'll get all the unbiased news you ever need. :rofl:

If you want the truth and the facts , you must watch the 'No Spin Zone'. Many people cannot handle the truth.

With more than 9000 US military seriously ill or injured so far in Iraq and 500 dead I think it is hard to believe that Iraq loves us and wants us to stay. If they do they have an odd way of showing it. It really doesn't matter since Bush says we will be out in time for the election errr I mean in July. I am sure we will be. I just don't envy who ever has to go back in next time (espeally since I suspect it will be us).

With more than 9000 US military seriously ill or injured so far in Iraq and 500 dead I think it is hard to believe that Iraq loves us and wants us to stay. If they do they have an odd way of showing it. It really doesn't matter since Bush says we will be out in time for the election errr I mean in July. I am sure we will be. I just don't envy who ever has to go back in next time (espeally since I suspect it will be us).

thats what i meant by iraq wanting us out

the war aint over in ur eyes deuce? what the hell is left to do?!?! We got saddam and we drove the baddies out into deserted towns and holes. We own the country basically now? US isnt done playing with its toy yet?

I agree with country, Iraq probably will be ditched in the summer time when Bush is done with his fun

Guest Deuces Wild

http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1587762

Huh?? :blink: All that link says is "NPR's Daniel Zwerdling reports on the number of wounded in Iraq."

Where does he get his figures from?

My source (link provided in the my previous post) gives sources for the totals reported, including:

(1) Department of Defense press releases @ DoD

(2) CENTCOM press releases @ CENTCOM

(3) British Ministry of Defense website @ MoD

Heck, I guess can say that no one has been injured or wounded in Iraq and have the same credibility as the link you provide.

BTW: You had used the word "seriously" to describe those injured or ill before. Where did you glean that information from? All I see from my source of numbers is "wounded". Nowhere is the word "seriously" used.

Cool your jets. The audio link describes who he interviewed and what they said. I am sorry that the audio link isn't working now. i did not break the link. Because their link doesn't work shouldn't discredit the content of their reporting.

Guest Deuces Wild

Sorry Dave but the source you quote has zero credibility.

If your numbers are accurate you can certainly provide another source.

Please also address the question I posed to you about labeling the injuries and illness as "serious". I would appreciate a source to confirm that. :)

Please also address the question I posed to you about labeling the injuries and illness as "serious". I would appreciate a source to confirm that.

Pedantic :rolleyes:

Define 'Serious' :huh: Isn't it just a relative term? I think sunburn is a serious injury, do you? A mailman would consider a foot blister serious because he earns his living by walking all day.

I guess if links from 'reliable' sources only showed 8,999 injured it would make CD the loser in this particular micro-debate:lol:

Countrydave55

It really doesn't matter since Bush says we will be out in time for the election errr I mean in July. I am sure we will be.

I wonder ....?

UK Ministry of defence expect our troops to be still there for next Christmas.....

seriously.......

Dern Tankus I hate to see your fellow countrymen there alone with the other 27 soldiers (DW save your request it was an exaggeration meant as a joke) from our allies. Bush is pretty much heavily into campaign mode now already. He is proposing legislation he spent most of his administration opposing. Unless he has had a change of heart this can only be for election purposes. Even his latest proposals are mostly that. There appears to be little legislative support so i think it is part of his "I tried to do right by the democrats wouldn't pass the legislation" plan to drum up votes. But getting out of Iraq before the election and having the election before it reverts to a dictatorship would be a huge boon to his re-election efforts.

I think that a nationally syndicated radio show has as much or more credibility than a link to a post that is dated in the future and which was not found anywhere after the date of the article. If you choose to not believe it fine.

Serious was defined in the story as requiring evacuation from Iraq for treatment. Their definition not mine.

Well Afghanistan's still going on and US troops are still there too . Withdrawing due to internal electoral reasons merely confirms the point that some of us have been trying to make ......?

oh hum

If a source of information does not agree with the views heald by some of us that means that they have zero credability?

How dare you suggest such a thing ....arf arf

Ooooops. What do you know. More sources. newspaper Sorry they quote the pentagon so it may not be a credible source either.  

Nobody's counting the Iraqi civilian casualties ....but then I guess they don't count .... !

I'm guessing we will stay in Afghanistan. Fewer troops, less press, fewer dead and wounded, more easily justified intervention. I suspect we will stay for awhile. But the casualty figures, Bush's statement that we will be turned over by July, and Bush's need to show everything is under control will all make a July withdrawal pretty much inevitable.

Guest Deuces Wild

Lemme get this straight:

If a source of information does not agree with the views heald by some of us that means that they have zero credability?  

Nope. But if a source of information is NPR's Daniel Zwerdling with no claimed sources of the information other than him then it has no credibility. If his numbers are correct (9000 seriously injured) then other links can be provided to validate them. I asked for this but have yet to receive it. I think my request was reasonable, especially since there is a difference of 6,500 troops between my source and what the NPR author claims.

The source of information can disagree with my views. It just has to be reliable to be credible.

Edit: I read your new source Dave. How many are "serious" injuries?

And here is a link that says we have over 10,000, and this in NOVEMBER, 2003. :woot::woot:

As of Friday, 2,401 U.S. troops were listed as wounded in Iraq since the war began in March. At least 424 have died in combat or in accidents.

Another 2,464 suffered nonbattle injuries, which would include everything from accidental gunshots to broken bones and vehicle accidents, Stephanakis said.

And another 4,397 troops have been evacuated from Iraq to U.S. military hospitals - usually in Germany - for treatment of medical problems not related to wounds or injuries.

They include 290 treated for urological problems such as kidney stones - thought by many soldiers to be caused by drinking large quantities of high-mineral bottled water during the blistering summer in Iraq. Another 299 were treated for heart problems and 249 for gastrointestinal illnesses.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily...ews/7368173.htm

You can play with numbers anyway you want. The bottom line is that there have been about 2500 soldiers wounded, and not all of them "serious".

Maybe if we include hangnails, papercuts and scraped knuckles we can get that number up to 30,000. :blink:

I deem my link pretty reliable. I gave the sources for the data reported.

PS Arf, arf...whatever that means. :woot::blink::erm::rolleyes:

Bush's need to show everything is under control will all make a July withdrawal pretty much inevitable.

There is a considerable pentagon pressure for the siting of a new US base in that region ......to protect the oil

Saudi Arabia is becoming somewhat untenable ...

The big cold-war bases in Turkey were rendered useless by the Turkish government and seriously hampered the US military from having a proper two front war against the Iraqi's army and infrastructure .

That leaves Kuwait, or Northern Iraq with the Kurds...The Kurds need the US, otherwise the Turks would be in Iraq like a shot after the northern oil Fields and pushing the Kurds further south giving Turkey a buffer zone ...

It would also be well placed with regards to Syria , Iran ,.......... and Israel ......

Be interesting to see if there is a full withdrawal ....

PS

Arf, arf...whatever that means

anything you want it to mean ...sweety ...!

Obviously Central Daily is much more credible than the Washington Times and NPR.

I think you haven't spent much time in the military if you think a paper cut will get you listed as a non combat injury and evacuated out of a theater of war. All of those automobile injuries are not just failing to yield at a stop sign. Some are avoiding booby traps, speeding out of an ambush and rammings. Have it uyour own way though. There were 2500 plus combat related injuries. that is not a small number.

Archived