Sign in to follow this  
OneCool

Post Your Best Pcpitstop Score Here !

DESTINEAL, your uncached speeds are still way to high. If you haven't you need to roll back the ide drivers to the windows default. If you have, you need to go into your system32 file and delete 2 files,

siside.sys

sisidex.sys

because even after rolling back the driver, these 2 are still over-riding the native windows drivers.

For both DESTINEAL and mariol90, might be a good idea to get Service Pack 1 and all critical updates.

i cant use SP1, whenever i install it i have to reinstall windows XP, and i still dont have SP1.

I dont get the updates either because they make my PC slower... I havent been updating and now im scoring in the 1400s, before i was maxed out in the 1300s.

i cant use windows update on server 2003 because it doesnt feel like working :huh:

:rolleyes: I can't get the SP1 and all the critical updates until I go back to school. I upgraded over the break and left my unactivated WinXP Pro cd there. So when I switched motherboards, Windows 2000 was crying and not letting me in. So when I went to reinstall it I realized I had also left my Win2000 Pro at school. Then I saw my bootleg XP cd sitting around the house so u know......one thing led to another and I was on my way to having a temporary OS until I go back tomorrow. :lol:

Sorry KRAM these sxxxs saying our SiS chipset causes faulty test results. Your HDD is spinning at the speed of light.

Edit by Raymo

We are trying to help you, Dont Slam us K?

uhh =\ but sorry it is your SiS drivers. KRAM might be using maxboost since its not as high as the SiS drivers bring it up. Install the correct drivers and retest.

uhh =\ but sorry it is your SiS drivers. KRAM might be using maxboost since its not as high as the SiS drivers bring it up. Install the correct drivers and retest.

You are correct. I figured if raymo could use maxboost and get an atta-boy on his score, then it is ok for me :)

Also Win XP does not load this chipset correctly. XP loads maxtor hard drives in udma mode 5. The way to get XP to load udma mode 6 is to run SiS chipset setup and after reboot turn around and run it again, but tell it to remove the drivers. This will remove the glitch in pcpitstop's testing and XP will load your hard drive in udma mode 6 if your drive supports it. B)

I have sis chipsets and of course when i use the sis ide drivers i do get a much better score, but i still get a great score using the standard windows drivers for them :

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...T6KKW61PZMSM3T3

and looking at it from a realistic point of view, there was no way that my uncached speeds using the sis ide drivers should be as high as they were reading.....

in this thread anything goes...SiS drivers,maxboost...a military super computer..WHOS CARES..its all good ;)

Rule number 1 -there are no rules

Edited by OneCool

What I want to know is how to mimic the glitch in the cached hard drive score. It sure seems ok to have an out of this world cached speed, but not uncached. All the scores that have over 1000 cached speed I personaly think is a glitch and so do other people. Check this posting.

http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?ac...=ST&f=3&t=34098

The above link points to a post I made about how a system of lower power could have a higher cached hard drive speed.

My score.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...W0CKWYLKKNS9QM3

His score.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...X8LKWQ6X3MSN7S3

Edited by KRAM

What I want to know is how to mimic the glitch in the cached hard drive score. It sure seems ok to have an out of this world cached speed, but not uncached. All the scores that have over 1000 cached speed I personaly think is a glitch and so do other people. Check this posting.

http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?ac...=ST&f=3&t=34098

I think your looking to much into it...its not a benchmark or a test really...its a maintenance utility that you can run to make sure that ...what your system is running...is running optimally

plus it gives you some good tips on how setup your system for everyday computing ;)

edit: and some of us older members find it to be a good :filtered: contest too :lol:

Edited by OneCool

I have always looked at pcpitstop to be a good way to see if your system is up to par and not really a true benchmarking test. The pit does give useful tips and can point at problem areas.

Just like a person that had posted his test the other day and wondered why it was so low. Turns out his P4 was running very hot (about to fry). If he had not checked his system here it would have burned up. :mrsgreen: I truely believe my system is running at its full potential, no matter what gitches other system may produce to get high scores in the pit test. I just want to know how to get the same glitches on my test. :lol:

yea my max so far w/o the SiS and max boost is 1416  :blink:

I will miss that score of some 1700+  :angry:

as long as your score is around mine then thats fine.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...39KKW1SWQNSAPM3

yours is lower because of the HD score. Since the video score is higher, yours is almost able to keep up with my score.

If you want to convert the C: drive to FAT32 and the HD score will go up, although i recommend to just stick with NTFS.

Edited by mariol90