Change Mode

Improve Internet Speed

Guest mark198712901

Guest mark198712901

I currently have Charter cable internet and it typically runs at speeds of 500/150kbps, I want to know if there is any way I can really improve my connection to make alot faster? I have already tweaked all of the settings with dr tcp, charter is so expensive i don't want to go any higher with the different packages. Is there any kind of secret or creating my own server trick that will allow me to have much more bandwith because there is only a couple people on the same cable community as me?

what times do you get online ..im asking because that always seems to be the problem .. im shore there could be many other reasons but will start here..but as far as modifieng you say you have allready done that and still getting the drag along am i correct..

Is that in the speed range guaranteed by your contract? Usualy they spec out a min/max range they will guarantee for your service. If it's not in the range they say it should be, then get them to fix it for you.

Guest decyfer

Hey I have charter too. I have the silver package which was running at 500 kbs/down & 128kbs up. I had the Cable tech come out and run a line test and modem test. He said that with the package I had that was all i was supposed to get, but he would go back to his main head and boost it for me. He said it would get me to about 700kbs up.

The i tweeked it and got 1400kbs from it . I would just keep working with it until you get what you want out of it. B)